Author Topic: Gun question  (Read 268 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Gun question
« on: April 14, 2013, 10:40:19 AM »
My brother has a 742 woodsmaster 30.06.... it jams...  I googled some info on it and it seems that they are notorious for this, they wear grooves where the bolt comes back and stick/hang up  there.  Is it worth getting fixed?  Can it be fixed? 

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Gun question
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 11:33:02 AM »
well, we own 3 of the "742 woodsmasters"  right this time.......... and have had numerous others , even one we redid after our house burned down back in 79,  I never have heard of such a problem myself, Mark.....

only thing I could suggest is have a reputable GunSmith look at it and give you a price if it is fixable........ or if it is not..........

the one we had that burned, exploded all the ammo in the clip ( think it was 5 rounds ) and it bowed it out, but after we sanded, re-blued it, and fixed the clip holding area...... it still fired true as the day it was bought..  that specific gun had sentimental value, I took my first white tail with it when I was like 9......... so anyhows......

doubt this helps........ but I say check with a GunSmith

TC  ( Good Luck )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 01:16:11 PM »
My brother has a 742 woodsmaster 30.06.... it jams...  I googled some info on it and it seems that they are notorious for this, they wear grooves where the bolt comes back and stick/hang up  there.  Is it worth getting fixed?  Can it be fixed? 

If they are notorious for this problem there has to be a fix for it on the internet check youtube, google. You might find a video on how to fix it with a dremel or other tool. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then take it to a gunsmith.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 02:04:48 AM »
Thanks fellas!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"