Author Topic: Modellships..(RC)...  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Wildsau

• Zinc Member
Modellships..(RC)...
« on: May 06, 2013, 06:54:57 AM »
Hi zack hope it works, here is my biggest projekt at moment, its rendered with some wood colours in Rhynocerus..
Movie of espaniol Montanes Navio, 2 deck ship...M1:25.. :banana:

www.myvideo.at/watch/9100357' title='espaniol Montanes Navio 1794 - MyVideo Österreich'>espaniol Montanes Navio 1794 - MyVideo Österreich[/url]

its first test so pls forgive me if it doesnt work, if it works pics will followe..and other movies..

ship has 860 MB in Rhyno, about 6000 3D PArts, Length-Body: 2,14m, Length end of Rigg 2,7m, Beam about 50 cm, Draft 24 cm around
should become RC--Parts....
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:12:09 AM by Wildsau »

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Modellships..(RC)...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 08:48:29 AM »
Hurrah :banana:

Awesomesauce :salute

Is there any decent pc sims for this type if battleship? :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 09:20:14 AM »
I'd bet there are RC builders in this game. I build and built RC Aircraft for about twenty years now. Everything from indoor foamies up too 25 - 30% scale.

Edit.

I was trying too say when it comes time too build let me know if you run into snags and need some help sir.  :cheers:

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 09:29:56 AM »
Hello Wildsau!
I applaud your efforts! Some serious discipline and patience must have went into that work! How many hours did it take you to get it to that point? Please keep us updated on your project as you move along.

A question.
I am not very familiar with ships of that era. I noticed in your rendering what looked like a brick stove or furnace?
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 11:20:52 AM »
Food again Pipz! :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 12:07:56 PM »
Tea is on.  ;)
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 12:41:22 PM »
wow, that is some work :aok

3D printed plastics must be alot less dense than oak or whatever wood was used, how does that figure into the handling of RC ships? Also what will you use for masts, rigging, canvas etc?

PS welcome to the forums at last :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »
I'd bet there are RC builders in this game.

Chris3 is doing a lot of RC tank building...  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wildsau

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 02:22:19 PM »
Zack, yes there are some games, i played Bounty Bay Online, once, but there are also others like Port Royale, old Pc Game, but mabye it still became online with others...

Last year i bought this Software rhino, as i found german company which produces CnC-machines, able to buy, for us privat persons...,
and all on this software, all parts on ships are constructed in 2D, and 2,5D, 2,5D means that a cnc machine, doesnt drives only line around objects, it also can make 3D Reliefs,
by driving each way, defined in 0.xxx mms, so complicated forms up to 100mm hight can be made...
and this cnc machines are able to mount on it the 4rd axe, for cuttin out rotating-objects,

I want to make most parts, except the mechanical parts, out of wood, i dont want to use, i say chemical parts like plastic, metall,
only for the mechanic i want to use plastic or metal, for servo stearing, when not many functions, and for many functions stearin with 12V-Dc-motors and gear mounted,
to roll up all that riggin parts, for each sail, big ship like the Montanes should be able to set and unset each of its sails,
with Bramsail and skyroyalsail combinated, it should be around 16 Sails..
but i fear for good movement of Brazes, Schoten, Geitaue, rolls and blocks out of wood(like in original) will not work,
i fear i must use there plastic rolls around metall axe, maybe in wood block, and i fear all movin part-wires have also to be out of plastic-wires, but thats normal for movin
parts what i saw last RC-Meetings(thousend of people)

found futaba(80 euros)-, and cheap selfmade(12 euros)- decoder for controlin 16 relais, with only 1 prop-channel, :O
16 sails(1prop)+ up/down(1-0-2),
square sails turn left rght(2 prop),
latein-Genua-sails(1 prop),
Ruder-stearing(1 prop),
some (1-0-2) functions for 2 anchor-winches/left-right canons/firing :devil/single-salvo/reloadin/lights/1-2flaggs...

and for the outside Body..., years ago i build one, in real, there i used thin Furnier(german word), 3 layer of funier, 1 went like this /...second like this \,
and last one was made out of Mahagoni-Furnier like that --, but i didnt bought it(brazil-Forrest), have been rests from such Wood-Items-Maker..
when you use M1:25 like that, Mahagoni is the best Wood, because the fine parts, the looking, is equal when you multiple it up with 25, as it looked in real ages ago.. :old:

and this body made out of 3 layers furnier, was so stable that you could let fall 0,5kg from 40 cm on it, and it got jumped away from ship body without any damage..
and when i set it into water, it was almost dense, without colourpaintin on outside..
i want to use for this ships, 1 Layer None Mahagoni Furnier, for some dense and then on this thin layer, the original thick planks, faked with those Cu-nails..
panted from in and outside, dont know word for Lacke(lackieren+schleifen)

but biggest Problem will be the canonos, how to make em for single firing, is no problem, but im thinkin of to make under deck canons, the heavy ones, reload-able,
for more salvos...  :bhead........

another movie will be soon uploaded, will be the first ship which will be made, its a small fregatte Beam of only 34 cm, not 50 like Montanes, and this still has mechanical parts,
contructed inside ships body, with 3 big segments, which can be moved out for car transport to any lake... :x

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 02:26:29 PM »
CNC'd mahogany, this just gets better :aok

from what you say I guess "Furnier" in english is "ply" or "plywood" - thin layers of wood with the grain at 90 degrees?

Lacke = laquer (like varnish?)

edit: ahhh  Furnier must be "veneer" - really, really thin sheet wood?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:31:01 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Wildsau

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 02:43:53 PM »
yep veneer is the right word i think its about 0,5mm thick like that, 1000 thx for info^^

and thy again on laquer-info, realy thx, i hope i dont forget it..
im still waitin on upload of samll fregatte movie..,
i have 3 ships 90% finished, and 1 british ship which was first contructed under old "illegal" autocad r14 version, tzhen i converted it into new Rhino,
and now there are some failures, ill have to fix, and uncool thing is..., first ship i choosed is the
HMS Royal Caroline, ship of Queen Elizabeth, full of ornaments, and when i started i thought,
pahh all this ornaments no problem...
haha was fail they are same work as rest of ship, so last ship Royal is only finished by 60-70% around^^
but next project
HMS Enterprise, original france fregatte captured by british,
HMS Prince, realy fat 104 Canon-ship, are otw... :rolleyes:

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 04:19:26 PM »
Can't wait to see the photos Wildsau. Should be awesome. :aok :aok

Will you be using an external keel or will all the ballast be internal?

history of the Montanes Navio
http://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=2708

It was one of the few ships to escape from the Battle of Trafalgar.

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »
Very cool Wildsau!

I've been dreaming of a build like that for a few years now...  I just don't have the time right now.

LOTS of good info on these types of ships in this forum, including working guns, etc.-  http://www.rcgroups.com/scale-sailboats-653/
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 10:04:55 PM »
that is very cool :aok  Did you see the video(I think it was posted here) about the ship that was built with cardboard?  at least I think it was cardboard, was a battleship or something

Offline Wildsau

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 01:07:27 AM »
i have red face when i read your comments, wow, no joke, i never thought, anyone says it looks cool or smthg like that  :O

here is the link, of the espaniol fregatte

http://www.myvideo.at/watch/9101723

this ship, has best details of rigging, where all brazes, schots are mirrored on the other side too,
this ship is also very close to be put out by cnc, because of its dimension of biggest beam of only 34 cm,
friend has cnc machine, but only small one, only for this small size,
its also M1:25, body length about 1,3m full length end of "Bugspriet" 1,7m
calculated in Rhino by subtracting the water cube with full shipbody when reached the waterline,displacement of water should be 25 litres,
ship also has innerparts, and inner construction of 3 big segments which can be moved out, with its rigg-parts,
for car transportation,
Pictures and movie from franz Fregatte La Chapman, and british HMS Royal Caroline will followe.. :x