Author Topic: Ready for a Squad position  (Read 3141 times)

Offline pup619

• Zinc Member
Ready for a Squad position
« on: June 08, 2013, 01:59:00 AM »
   Hello,  I'm hoping to see if I fit in with a squad , My only extra baggage is I am Bish. Thank you
     Racie65

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Re: Ready for a Squad position
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 02:34:34 AM »
   Hello,  I'm hoping to see if I fit in with a squad , My only extra baggage is I am Bish. Thank you
     Racie65
Go knight and if you like German fighters look up JG5 :salute
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 03:02:49 PM »
give us a try at the 353rd FG .. wE are knights also but won't hold it against you .. If you want to switch, we also fly FSO !! Check us out at  WWW.slybirds.net.
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 03:24:54 PM »
Pup, Zach and I are in the same squad.

One bit of advice, decide your style of play then shop squads. Some squads mostly work with American birds, some Navy birds, some bombers, some Spits, etc. We specialize in German Iron, so 190s and 109s. You will find some squads spend half the time in tanks, the other half taking bases.

A thought is to specialize in something long enough to learn the ropes of ACM well. If you are jumping from one plane to the next to the next to the next you will never develop the basics well. Get the basics then jump around to find your home.

If you want to learn the Fw-190A5, Ta-152 or any of the 109s JG5 is a good start to consider.

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 06:52:12 PM »
A bonus for joining JG5 is that Zach will hook you up a date with his sister.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 07:14:46 PM »
A bonus for joining JG5 is that Zach will hook you up a date with his sister.

ack-ack
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »
If you are jumping from one plane to the next to the next to the next you will never develop the basics well.
boo
you should not limit yourself to one plane or certain types of planes.

Fly all the planes you like even if they are spits the mighty spitfire is still one of the best planes to learn your ACM and SA and you can easily apply those skills learned from the spits into any other A/C.

Me personally I never understood why some people limited themselves to 1 A/C rather than learn them all to be that much better at Air combat although I only spend most of my time in the Spits or 109K4 but I have had my share of flying multiple planes and can perform in them Just as any other A/C

That is all.  :salute :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »

Fly all the planes you like even if they are spits the mighty spitfire is still one of the best planes to learn your ACM and SA and you can easily apply those skills learned from the spits into any other A/C.

Me personally I never understood why some people limited themselves to 1 A/C rather than learn them all to be that much better at Air combat although I only spend most of my time in the Spits or 109K4 but I have had my share of flying multiple planes and can perform in them Just as any other A/C

That is all.  :salute :salute
uh Bone, aren't you kinda telling him two different things at the same time?  :headscratch:

if he jumps from plane to plane without actually learning anything about it's capabilities and limitations, he's not doing himself any favors.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 09:57:28 PM »

BURN THE HEATHEN! BURN THE TRAINING WHEELS!  :mad:
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 10:25:38 PM »
do I have to say thank you sir may I have another?
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 01:57:24 PM »
uh Bone, aren't you kinda telling him two different things at the same time?  :headscratch:

if he jumps from plane to plane without actually learning anything about it's capabilities and limitations, he's not doing himself any favors.
If he Jumps from plane to plane while learning the limitations of each A/C he will have no need to fly only 1 or 1 set of planes he will be able to fly them all.

The guys that limit themselves by flying one plane or one set of planes are those that still have alot to learn about ACM and I try my best when flying to help people learn how to fly and be good at flying.

Flying in one plane for the whole time in 1 tour or heck the whole time you play AH is just not going to teach you anything other than you will be good in that 1 plane not multiple planes.

It would be better for me to explain over comms considering the fact my typing skills have gone to poop from not playing too often.  :lol :lol  :salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 02:31:38 PM »
If he Jumps from plane to plane while learning the limitations of each A/C he will have no need to fly only 1 or 1 set of planes he will be able to fly them all.

The guys that limit themselves by flying one plane or one set of planes are those that still have alot to learn about ACM and I try my best when flying to help people learn how to fly and be good at flying.

Flying in one plane for the whole time in 1 tour or heck the whole time you play AH is just not going to teach you anything other than you will be good in that 1 plane not multiple planes.

It would be better for me to explain over comms considering the fact my typing skills have gone to poop from not playing too often.  :lol :lol  :salute
So what your saying is i suck? :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline cotaylor

• Copper Member
      • 19th Bombardment Group
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 05:21:15 PM »
Don't limit yourself to one country. Just my 2 cents.

<S>
19taylor
CO - 19th Bombardment Group "Crazy Eyeballs"
http://19thbg.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 05:34:07 PM »
There are no 'countries.' Just chess pieces.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 05:47:39 PM »
There are no 'countries.' Just chess pieces.

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
nnnnnoooooooo!!!! say it isn't so Arlo...say it isn't so  :cry
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett