Author Topic: Looking at Squads  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Isolate

• Zinc Member
Looking at Squads
« on: July 22, 2013, 10:57:54 PM »
Hey all, I'm looking at squad options.  I'm open to hearing about most things, but I'll make a short list of things I'm likely to avoid.  Feel free to message me here, or in game.  I play most times of the day, and can easily adjust to whatever schedule you play, whether it's EU or US or whatever.  I am on less during the weekends.  I've been around for a couple of months, but am a quick learner, and like to think I'm starting to get the hang of things...but as we all know there's always tons more to learn and improve upon.

I'm looking for a group that is relaxed, but does make an effort to do things well.  I like working as part of a team, everyone having their role, and going to get something done.  I prefer groups that are comfortable admitting mistakes and discussing what went wrong and how to improve in a non emotional way.  Flying slick fighters is my favorite, but I'm well versed in all area's on a basic to average level. 

I am trying to avoid the following things...
1. Name change
2. Country rotations (if so I'd rather they were not very frequent, and not a split squad)
3. Flying one plane type all the time
4. Bomber/GV only squads...I'm a fighter pilot first.

None of these are deal breakers per-say, but depending on how many are attributed to your squad, I would probably need longer to get to know you before feeling comfortable.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Looking at Squads
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 02:18:36 AM »
this dood real good at whining like a 12 yr old on 200

someone pick him up quick
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Isolate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 02:47:39 AM »
haha. I think I've whined like twice...and more of a, why would you do that kind of way.  I rarely get angry, play to have fun, and like comradarie amongst teams.  I'm sarcastic at times, but that's never hurt anyone.  However, I did find a squad.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 02:12:53 PM »
So what was wrong with the 353rd?
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Isolate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »
Nothing really.  I've joined this squad and I like them, but I'd be lieing if I said I was sure I'm staying.  There's alot of volatility at the moment.  However, originally I didn't talk to 353rd because there was nobody around to talk to at the time.  And I got invited over to bishop to fly with them, had a great time, could see me staying, so I went ahead and joined.  I do think that there aren't many slybirds on when I'm playing though, was part of it, and originally I didn't want to move teams.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 11:09:29 PM »
It sounds like the Claim Jumpers would be a good squad for you. No name change, primarily Rook, no particular plane (though everyone does have their favorite ride), you can fly/drive anything you want. We are very loose with our leadership, we'll occasionally get serious when we want to take a base or defend a base. We get very serious during FSO, but that is the only time where the leadership is strict.

If you are interested switch to Rooks and hop on VOX 114, tell them Player1 sent you.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 06:47:25 AM »
So what was wrong with the 353rd?

He took a peak in the hanger but Oaktree had his finger in his nose again.  :D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 09:19:36 PM »
He took a peak in the hanger but Oaktree had his finger in his nose again.  :D
look! Another jug stick to show up in a jug and murder in my 190 :banana:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 08:16:56 AM »
You are the very bestisist in every single way Sir, :salute

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 01:56:31 PM »
It sounds like the Claim Jumpers would be a good squad for you. No name change, primarily Rook, no particular plane (though everyone does have their favorite ride), you can fly/drive anything you want. We are very loose with our leadership, we'll occasionally get serious when we want to take a base or defend a base. We get very serious during FSO, but that is the only time where the leadership is strict.

If you are interested switch to Rooks and hop on VOX 114, tell them Player1 sent you.
one time I did that I was scared for life :cry
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 09:29:51 PM »

Says the Luftwaffe Expertan I saw flying a P-51 tonight.  :D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV