Author Topic: Looking for a squad.  (Read 1490 times)

Offline GAReaper

• Zinc Member
Looking for a squad.
« on: October 23, 2013, 12:06:27 PM »
Well I find myself looking for a squadron. I was flying with a group on probation until recently but after messaging the leader several days ago to find out what was going on, and not hearing anything back I have decided to move on and try to find a home. I would honestly prefer a 109 or German Iron squadron, but I can also fly 38's F6F's and corsairs (can fly pretty much any plane, but those are my preferences). One thing though is that for the next year I will be back and forth between South Carolina and Scotland, mostly in Scotland. After that I will be back in South Carolina. It's not a problem for me, I will still be flying in both places but figured I should mention that.

<S>
Bones87
Bones87
56th FG Zemke's Wolfpack

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
Re: Looking for a squad.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 05:45:52 PM »
If you want a german iron squad try the JG 54 or JG 11 . Both very good squads and fun guys !! If you would like something different , give us a try with the 353rd FG ! We also fly FSO and have a ball .. Good luck in which ever you choose !!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 07:13:30 PM »
GAReaper,

We're not much of an MA squad, but FSO and scenario we take as the heart of this game.  If you want Hog time, we practice with them every monday night, and 1 on 1 time is available (we got a trainer around here somewhere :lol).  When blue planes aren't available in scenario or FSO, we normally have an affinity for 109's.  If interested, read through our recruiting post, and PM me if interested.

:salute
BigRat

When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline GAReaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »
Well I would love to give FSO a try... only problem is when I am in Scotland it seems like all the FSOs are around 10 pm est which is around 4 am there :P.
Bones87
56th FG Zemke's Wolfpack

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 10:23:39 PM »
Hello Bones, if you are still looking JG52 is currently recruiting pilots.

If you are looking for a german squadron, we are a nice fit for you.

All we really ask is that you rotate countries with us every two tours, we are currently Rook. We will spend November and December as Bishop.
We operate on Squad Vox or Vox 152. More commonly we are found on Teamspeak 3.

If you are willing to learn, then we would love to have you with JG52. Just PM : myself(Ratio in-game), Cheech (Saito - BBS ID), or alpini13 for more information.

Recruiting Thread : http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,352086.0.html
Top Gun

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 10:09:58 AM »
You are welcome to wing up with the 113th Lucky Strikes , a long time Knight squad 14 years and see if you enjoy our brand of game play.    We start operations around 7:pm Saturday evenings EST and use vox 113.  Check out our wiki page , watch the films and come check us out see if we meet your needs.

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 10:20:48 AM »
You should consider the Blue Knights.  Squad full of hot sticks and they don't care what you fly :rock
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline GAReaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 10:57:26 AM »
Wow thanks for all the responses guys! Got a lot to think about apparently lol. And Ammo I actually thought about trying to join 56th for awhile, only problem was that I am absolutely terrible in  a jug lol. Now I suppose I will go assume the thinking man pose and ponder what squad will be best for me awhile :P.

Bones87
Bones87
56th FG Zemke's Wolfpack

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 11:01:01 AM »
Wow thanks for all the responses guys! Got a lot to think about apparently lol. And Ammo I actually thought about trying to join 56th for awhile, only problem was that I am absolutely terrible in  a jug lol. Now I suppose I will go assume the thinking man pose and ponder what squad will be best for me awhile :P.

Bones87

Your initial post kind of took the 56th out of the running :D  You will have to mothball the leathers if you want to join the 56th :lol

Offline GAReaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 11:07:49 AM »
Lol I would just get laughed at in the 56th. The Jug just boggles me lol. I just can't figure out how to fly that dang plane. Any time I hop in it this smiley pretty much sums it up  :ahand get it handed right to me XD.
Bones87
56th FG Zemke's Wolfpack

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 11:13:53 AM »
If you can fly the 109s, you have promise - you can learn anything.  Me personally, I can't get past the smell of sauerkraut when I up a 109.

Offline GAReaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 11:23:35 AM »
LOL. Once you get past the smell the 109f is an amazing bird. In the right hands its extremely maneuverable and can take on spits no problem. I still can't figure out how to even attempt to fly the jug lol. I think maybe I try to turn fight in them too much :P
Bones87
56th FG Zemke's Wolfpack

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2013, 11:28:23 AM »
Haha - yea - different beasts altogether.  You can't repeatedly yank on the controls in a P-47 - that'll get you killed quick.  The P-47 has respectable speed, amazing firepower, and is a very stable AC.  You gotta use it strengths against your enemy's weaknesses.

Offline GAReaper

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 11:43:19 AM »
So its more of a dive in shoot then extend plane I take it?
Bones87
56th FG Zemke's Wolfpack

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 11:50:02 AM »
 :huh :huh :huh :huh What are you wearing?  :x :x :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :O :O :neener: :neener: :neener:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher