Author Topic: Study On "Gamers" Universal -- Lies/Excuses RULE!! (Kinda Funny)  (Read 755 times)

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
Study On "Gamers" Universal -- Lies/Excuses RULE!! (Kinda Funny)
« on: November 11, 2013, 02:13:51 PM »
http://arcadesushi.com/lies-gamers-tell-when-losing/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_86640

I have a sinking feeling that the author plays our game and hangs out extensively on 200.    :D

Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Study On "Gamers" Universal -- Lies/Excuses RULE!! (Kinda Funny)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 03:01:23 PM »
Being around gaming for over 20 years now, the majority of it started on the bulletin board system when I spotted my first grip of gaming, this is everything true and not much has changed since then. I remember players on scrabble (BBS game) racking up 300+ points and I was a daily player barely averaging 200, I realized people had programs in the backgrounds for dictionaries etc. Once a Sysop hosted a tournament for Tradewars 2002 ran nothing but scripts in his game, while the tournament was "No scripts".

The funniest I have run across in my years was "my cat jumped on my keyboard" during a dual, in which I still won 4 of 5 against a 200 pop tart. I pleaded we could dual again, but he turned it down saying he was tired).

I think whines about Bruv having a Tie fighter rank at the top, and vOid who was being picked by two 51s and shot both down coming off a runway with his gears still down rank in my top two spots personally.

/vOid one was quite funny, both planes missed him vulching, he nosed up with wheels still down and tatered them out of the sky, I think the comment was something along lines of "he must work for HTC so he probably has homing 30mms".
//same guy who didnt fly for 5 years, came back for a month and still handed my bellybutton in the da 5-0.

P.S.
I was a bit of an bellybutton when I first came here to aces, thinking I was an Ace - I realized I fell into the catagory of newb with picking skills and walked away, only to come back and see how much of an bellybutton I was, I learned much from it.
JG 52

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »
# 11
The spawn is camped and riddled with bomb****s.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 10:04:14 PM »
My favorite is either "it was my uncle playing" or "I was talking on the phone."
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:12:41 PM by kilo2 »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 07:49:06 PM »
Heard a funny excuse from Hurless last night after he was shot down by 999000.  Blamed his being shot down on 999000 having 3 monitors and TrackIR, otherwise he would have shot down 999000's bombers.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »
Heard a funny excuse from Hurless last night after he was shot down by 999000.  Blamed his being shot down on 999000 having 3 monitors and TrackIR, otherwise he would have shot down 999000's bombers.

ack-ack

That's funny  --  dont care who you are.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 09:07:38 PM »
After waxing some people in the DA, my favorite is "stick went out of calibration" they come for round 2 same result lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 09:22:44 PM »
After waxing some people in the DA, my favorite is "stick went out of calibration" they come for round 2 same result lol

That is my favorite excuse.  :noid
Top Gun

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 12:15:05 PM »

ack-ack

HAHAHAHAHAHAH.....

.... HAHAH
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 02:17:29 AM »
Having a bamboo plane made out of titanium is the only reason I get so many kills.

Doom says I cheat so it must be true.  :D

The Few ***
F.P.H