Author Topic: Which is the best Squad in AH?  (Read 9634 times)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: Which is the best Squad in AH?
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2013, 02:20:36 PM »
He's right about what? Why are they not a part of this running?

I asked, no response. All you two have said is that they should not be part of the running in a personal opinion poll of "best squad."  Opinion seems to be a keyword here, and since it is, well...

I'll go first, I learned more from the FB's in half a dozen mssn's than I did from 2 combined months on the bish and rook sides when I first started. I'm sure there have been countless others they taught as well. Bob always, Dred and Crabby willl answer a question honestly most of the time if they know it's a noob/near noob without snarky or condescending tone.  :cheers:

HiVolt was the only one during those 2+ months over there to spend anytime trying to get this noob acquainted.  :salute HiVolt    

Anyhow, what is it that makes the best squad? Everyone's opinion will differ don't ya think?

And this is why i thought of them... With all the talk on here about "why we have no players", "how to attract more players", "FRESH MEAT", i'd think that the praise of a few members of a squad for attempting to make the game enjoyable for all levels of pilot would count for something.

Perhaps in 11 years, I will have a different opinion for different reasons. But their help and guidance is why I put their name up there.

:cheers: Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even though they are wrong.  :cheers:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2013, 02:30:10 PM »
And this is why i thought of them... With all the talk on here about "why we have no players", "how to attract more players", "FRESH MEAT", i'd think that the praise of a few members of a squad for attempting to make the game enjoyable for all levels of pilot would count for something.

Perhaps in 11 years, I will have a different opinion for different reasons. But their help and guidance is why I put their name up there.

:cheers: Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even though they are wrong.  :cheers:

Your criteria for "best squad" differs from mine and you're welcome to your opinion. You have your reasons and I have mine. You're going to have to deal with that I guess.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2013, 03:41:17 PM »
forgive me Bear76, I'm just a wide-eyed newb.

I look forward to flying alongside and against some of the more 'experienced' pilots. If you're not learning, you're already dead.  :salute
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2013, 05:13:25 PM »
Blue Knights..... Arse kickers.

I'd also throw out the Arabian Knights....easily one of the (if not THE) classiest squads in AH....which explains why I'm not an AK anymore.   :D  :rofl
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2013, 03:55:50 PM »
What flashes to my mind:
The old jg5
80th
BKs
The old KN
the LD before/since the loose horde period
theese are/were way above the others in the aspects i did care about
AoM
City of ice

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »
What flashes to my mind:
The old jg5

Myself, yourself, Valen and Raphael?
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013, 01:24:08 AM »
Myself, yourself, Valen and Raphael?
dont forget about Revo, Reds and Latrobe. Luved being there.
AoM
City of ice

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2013, 09:05:46 AM »
JG11

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2013, 10:36:23 AM »
Flying Circus is a great squad filled with great guys.  I agree about the AKs, although most of the guys I knew from the early 2000s have moved on.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2013, 11:37:37 AM »
I can only offer an opinion on squads I have been in, and I've been in quite a few.  Arabian Knights was alot of fun, great squad.  JG11 which I am in now is the best for what I want.  Full immersion, historically based luftwaffe only, great leader, excellent teammates and more fun then anyone deserves.  I want to give a shout out thugh to VMF-222.  Lead by Juggo, not a very big squad and for the most part FSO's is where they have decent numbers and  participation.  This squad has taken many new guys and helped them enjoy the game.  There you will find my favorite wingman of all time, Wiley.  He's an absolute ball to fly with, always laughing, saved my butt so many times I lost count.  I wandered around alot trying out different squads and I would always come back to them because I knew I would be welcomed and I'd have fun again.  If it were not for my absolute love for Luftwaffe aircraft and having finally found "my place" in this game with JG11 I would be bouncing back to them again.  You guys that are reading this that do not have a squad, ask for an invite to VMF-22 and fly some FSO's with some great guys.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline cotaylor

• Copper Member
      • 19th Bombardment Group
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 12:35:05 AM »
Interesting post and interesting responses as well.

This is like asking who is the best team in the NFL, NHL, NBA, MBL?
Who is the best music group? What is the best car to drive?

It never stays the same. There are ups, downs and changes to the environment which in turn creates differences.
There are many great sticks out there no doubt and many great squads. IMHO it is very situational.

<S>

19taylor
CO - 19th Bombardment Group "Crazy Eyeballs"
http://19thbg.com

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 08:16:55 AM »
The Few :rock

:O -----> Five TOC wins <----- :O

Game over.   Nuff said :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2013, 09:40:29 AM »
The Few :rock

:O -----> Five TOC wins <----- :O

Game over.   Nuff said :rock
How can you use an individuals event to rate a squad....

Oh wait :noid
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2013, 09:52:01 AM »
How can someone who has (to my knowledge..which may be wrong) never actually BEEN IN a squad have an opinion on anything squad related for that matter?

Just sayin'...
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013, 10:07:55 AM »
How can you use an individuals event to rate a squad....

Oh wait :noid
:rofl :rofl :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!