Author Topic: trackir5  (Read 758 times)

Offline -error

• Zinc Member
trackir5
« on: December 02, 2013, 11:13:32 AM »
Hello.
I believe that trackir5 connection is not being properly released when client quits. F.e. when connection to host is lost.
Trackir5 software still shows that AH is connected. But if I restart AH client then connection is lost and head tracking is not working anymore until client is restarted.
Also I saw this couple of times when closing AH client using 'Quit' command.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:25:15 AM by -error »
AH: impulse9

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: trackir5
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 11:19:20 AM »
when the connection to host is lost the game won't automatically terminate itself and AH2 will still be running, thus your trackIR is still running with it, regardless of connectivity. In most cases trackIR has to be started before the program you intend to use it with. If you close out of AH2 then close out of trackIR as well. Restart your trackIR then AH2.

Offline -error

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 11:22:27 AM »
This is not the case here.
When I press 'OK' button in dialog stating that 'Connection to host is lost', AH client closes completely. I.e. there's no ah.exe to be seen. But trackir software says that AH client is still connected to it.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 11:34:27 AM »
If I disco and the game crashes, I have to go into Windows Task Manager and kill the TrackIR process; just quitting out of the TIR app doesn't do it. Then I can start TIR and then AH and it works again.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 06:41:32 AM »
You might give the TrackIR people a call.  They have very good support.

Offline -error

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 03:44:44 AM »
I do not think that the problem is with trackir software. Because warthunder f.e. did the right job initialising/releasing connection to it. Never had any issue with wt/trackir combo. Only with AH.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 06:26:53 AM »
I do not think that the problem is with trackir software. Because warthunder f.e. did the right job initialising/releasing connection to it. Never had any issue with wt/trackir combo. Only with AH.

I don't have issues with AH unless I crash to the desktop. Have you crashed WT to the desktop? If so, did it do the right job and properly release connection to TIR?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 06:28:12 AM »

Still, I would give them a call or post the question on their forum.  I don't think it is a AH problem since none of the rest of us are having the issue.

You do start Trackir first and it does minimize to the try after starting AH?

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 05:22:13 PM »
Having a strange issue myself here:

Upgraded my PC from XP pro to Win7Pro this weekend.

After installing all drivers and so on I miss one axis in TrackIr, I believe its the X ( left to right axis )

In TrackIr software everything works fine but not in game. All other axis seem to work.

Appreciate any advice!
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »
Are you sure it's enabled in the software? Make sure the enable box is checked for that axis.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Online WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 10:11:12 PM »
Same happens to me if I disco, all you have to do is wait 5-8 seconds the camera's game connectivity led's will turn off and then re open AH.

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 04:04:48 AM »
Are you sure it's enabled in the software? Make sure the enable box is checked for that axis.

As said, in trackir everything works perfect, in game not so much.

Even tried the other way around, turn off all other axis in trackir except the one not working. In game had a static head  :noid

does Win7 Pro 64 have anything to do with this?
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 09:24:45 AM »
Running the same OS here. No problems. Just threw that out as a Suggest. One of those silly tick marks you might have missed.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 03:52:10 PM »
Running the same OS here. No problems. Just threw that out as a Suggest. One of those silly tick marks you might have missed.

Solved. Me being utterly dumb  :furious  :noid

I use a bit of an odd setup. CH Fighterstick & paddles + a Saitek 45 Throttle.
Seems I might have had some very old settings saved in a AH folder somewhere where I had put the RUDDER axis from the throttle as Field of View analog control.

If you have this setup u can move fore and aft with the rudder tabs but it denies you left or right movement or even saving your head position.

After I turned that of everything worked fine. Thx for the help !
 :salute
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn