Author Topic: Is there any way...  (Read 535 times)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Is there any way...
« on: December 23, 2013, 12:27:08 PM »
Next year we could maybe change one of the monthly fights to a weekday. Friday night and Saturday afternoons are just too hard to attend (for me at least). I feel like changing one of the fights to a Tuesday or Wednesday night would be easier to attract week day players and possibly have higher numbers for the event. This is my favorite event in AH, but I can never do because Friday I go out, and Saturday there is just too much going on.
Not trying to be too selfish here, but I wonder if other planes run into this same problem.

Just a thought, maybe you have already tried this, idk. Just wish I could be apart of it more often!

Thx Violator!
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Is there any way...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 06:38:55 PM »
Next year we could maybe change one of the monthly fights to a weekday. Friday night and Saturday afternoons are just too hard to attend (for me at least). I feel like changing one of the fights to a Tuesday or Wednesday night would be easier to attract week day players and possibly have higher numbers for the event. This is my favorite event in AH, but I can never do because Friday I go out, and Saturday there is just too much going on.
Not trying to be too selfish here, but I wonder if other planes run into this same problem.

Just a thought, maybe you have already tried this, idk. Just wish I could be apart of it more often!

Thx Violator!

FriKOTH is run 5pm, late afternoon-early evening, and SatKOTH was at 9pm, evening, US ET timezones primarily speaking. Friday event started as a euro-friendly event and is still based on that. That's when I, the only host at the time, could run it. ELD66 will be running it in 2014 and things may change some, thats up to him as he also is a volunteer fitting this into his schedule. Tuesday and Wednesday nights already have events running and I don't think you'll find a CM that wants to have two events running at once.
I went out Fryday for the first time in ages. Sister and I saw the 'Boneshakers' and boy I didn't think ZZ Top could ever sound so bad.  :D
Is attending KOTH, "my favorite event in AH", worth getting out a little later one Fryday a month? That is the question.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 07:19:39 PM »
I used to leave work, back before the Doctors told me I couldn't work anymore in 2009... They actually tryed telling me I was disabled in October of 2003, but I fought them off as long as I could..

Anyway, I almost always found a way to make it on FriKoth... It got easier when it was moved from 3pm/4pm est to 5pm est ....

If you want to participate, seriously, if there is a will.... You will find a way!

I just hope they bring back SatKOTH!!!

KOTH still needs 1 if not 2 more dedicated CM's

My thoughts,

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline ELD66

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 10:23:07 PM »
I think I am going to start alternating months with KOTH in 2014, Odd on friday, Even on Saturday. It is not set in stone as of yet.
 :salute
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 10:25:54 PM by ELD66 »
E1Diablo in game

Member of JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 01:51:54 PM »
I think I am going to start alternating months with KOTH in 2014, Odd on friday, Even on Saturday. It is not set in stone as of yet.
 :salute

Love it!  I went to a couple SatKOTH's when they were on and it's by far my favorite event outside of FSO.  I hope it works out for you to do it this way.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11