Author Topic: Occassional creen freezes  (Read 219 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Occassional creen freezes
« on: January 30, 2014, 04:34:21 PM »
I'm still getting a good frame rate (30-60 depending on map, objects and environment) but sometime my screen freezes. Seems independent of how many players are in view or whether I'm down in the weeds with ground clutter on or up high with no clouds in sight. I'm suspecting the culprit(s) may be processes or programs in the background that are switching on as often as 3 or 4 times a minute (or more) but it's something that is rather recent and I don't recall downloading anything recently that may be the culprit. It's happened just since the last update + patch. Thought I'd just check to see if anyone else has experienced this (as I still look into my system).

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: Occassional creen freezes
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 07:06:09 PM »
Getting same thing since update.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 08:06:08 PM »
Although it seems to be when I am near or on the ground.  Notice it most when gv'ing.  But not exclusively.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 08:34:35 PM »
Although it seems to be when I am near or on the ground.  Notice it most when gv'ing.  But not exclusively.

Thought I actually scoped it down to the damnedest thing. Had my cell phone on top of the pc case and when a text message came through there was a freeze (though I don't know why that would do that). I moved the phone away from the pc .... but I still get the occasional freeze. I turned off every process and program I could.