Author Topic: B-26 Gunner Gunsights  (Read 356 times)

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
B-26 Gunner Gunsights
« on: January 31, 2014, 05:56:12 PM »
The gunsights for tail and top on the B-26 are flipped vertically.

Just in case I have to explain that, "flipped vertically" means upper-right in the gunsight file is lower-right when viewed from the gunner's position.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:24:55 AM by Superfly »

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: B-26 Gunner Gunsights
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 09:24:45 AM »
Actually tail site is flipped horizontally.  ;)  I didn't see any problem with the top turret. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:28:49 AM by Superfly »
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 12:32:27 PM »
From my end both top and tail sights look flipped vertically, but I have been confused before.   :headscratch:

The images are: Test Gunsight; Top Gunsight; and Tail Gunsight.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 03:17:48 PM »
I tested it and my results are the same as the OP's results.

I never would have noticed it using the standard AAF reticle for those gun positions though. The 3 Revi potions in the back seat of the Me410 do the same thing.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 09:34:42 AM »
All rear facing gun sights have this problem.  I remember it from when the Me 410 was released.  In the actual 3D model of the plane, the gun sights are correctly mapped to the polygon.  Not sure when/if this will be fixed.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 12:42:19 PM »
 Not sure when/if this will be fixed.

So out of curiosity, why wouldn't you fix something that is obviously wrong, but spend time updating a clipboard that was fine in the first place..

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 01:38:39 PM »
All rear facing gun sights have this problem.  I remember it from when the Me 410 was released.  In the actual 3D model of the plane, the gun sights are correctly mapped to the polygon.  Not sure when/if this will be fixed.

I know some other gunner gunsights had this same behavior and I just flip the gunsight file so it comes out correctly at the gunner's position.  The original 3D model for the B-26 was working correctly.  I only brought it up here because the 3D model is new and you may still be working out some bugs.  If there was something else that required going back into the 3D model, you might want to add the gunsights to the to-do list.
:salute