Author Topic: More and more bailing after bombing  (Read 7586 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: More and more bailing after bombing
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2014, 03:50:55 PM »
I remember far more than one post. Also that issue was something that gave an unfair advantage to players using F3 mode. This one doesn't give anyone and advantage other than being able to more more runs in the time it takes to do one.

Is it game changing? I don't think so, that's why I don't think you'll see any changes.

By the math, that's (assuming all distances, altitudes and load outs will be the same) that's a ~200% advantage for the bomb hauler.

By the mechanics in place, youre throwing away three good but empty bombers and within a second up three more new and bomb laden bombers, and seeing both an instant and prolonged net gain (perk points).

Clearly not advantageous or gamey by any definition. :rolleyes:
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2014, 04:22:53 PM »
By the math, that's (assuming all distances, altitudes and load outs will be the same) that's a ~200% advantage for the bomb hauler.

By the mechanics in place, youre throwing away three good but empty bombers and within a second up three more new and bomb laden bombers, and seeing both an instant and prolonged net gain (perk points).

Clearly not advantageous or gamey by any definition. :rolleyes:

How is that? If you got the bailer to bail on his first trip and you linger around he isn't going to make a second trip.....or are you just going to let him roll on by? If you stop his second trip, he is now back to his possible 100% again. No big deal.

Again, a minor thing like the spawn camping, towering as you hear the bombs drop, or draggin to ack. No real advantage, just lame play.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2014, 06:02:30 PM »
I see more players bailing out of fighters to avoid a fight than players bailing out of bombers.  I had a good laugh at 800nate's expense after watching him bail out before I got in gun range.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2014, 06:18:17 PM »

I've never flown a Bomber mission I did not intend to land; I took off with the intent of hitting my target and returning safely to base. Most of the fun I have enjoyed flying Bombers has come from the fights I've had whilst returning to base.

To the above I will add that most of my Bomber runs take 2-2.5 hours from take off to landing.

For me, bailing is just not an option until my last Bomber has no fight left.

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2014, 06:40:23 PM »
I've never flown a Bomber mission I did not intend to land; I took off with the intent of hitting my target and returning safely to base. Most of the fun I have enjoyed flying Bombers has come from the fights I've had whilst returning to base.

To the above I will add that most of my Bomber runs take 2-2.5 hours from take off to landing.

For me, bailing is just not an option until my last Bomber has no fight left.

Hey patches, hows retirement treating you?

Im of the same mind. I only bail if there isn't enough left to fly with ..... which happens wayyyyyyy too often  :P

Offline hcrana

• Copper Member
      • http://www.menacingferrets.com
« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2014, 09:17:06 AM »

:aok
Herr Doktor Professor Kolonel H.C. Rana
Kommanding Ossifer, The Menacing Ferrets
ILLEGITIMATVS NON CARBORVNDVM EST

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2014, 09:37:55 AM »
Longest bombrun ive done was 3hrs 15 min. One Fighter is not a big problem when in buffs. Most pilots are really bad at attacking buffs and if u are a decent gunner u can land atleast one plane 80% of the times if u just plan your run a little. Most fighters ends up in the toejam storm behind the buffs. W a little practise there is no need to bail in order to avoid fighters. (gives a lot of perk points to kill fighters too)

Best runs ive done is w a gunner, had 5 cons after us for 20 min before they got us. It is really fun to have those hi alt furballs.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2014, 04:26:26 AM »
An improvement in game play? :headscratch: At least the second set did not bail.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ebo31723wosc44d/least_the_second_set_did_not_bail.ahf

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2014, 08:16:49 AM »
I see more players bailing out of fighters to avoid a fight than players bailing out of bombers.  I had a good laugh at 800nate's expense after watching him bail out before I got in gun range.

ack-ack
lol
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2014, 08:44:17 AM »
  I was on my way to bomb a V-base and was alerted to one of our bases being in danger of being captured. Bailed from all three lancs (no cons nearby but would have bailed anyway) and upped at the base in danger.

Is that wrong? Score Smore.  :joystick:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2014, 09:05:38 AM »

Agreed.  He's talented enough that you wonder why he keeps flying a Temp, but I've had no problems with his behavior, seems quite pleasant.

- oldman
:aok

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2014, 09:28:51 AM »
  I was on my way to bomb a V-base and was alerted to one of our bases being in danger of being captured. Bailed from all three lancs (no cons nearby but would have bailed anyway) and upped at the base in danger.

Is that wrong? Score Smore.  :joystick:
That's just wrong . Your dead , lol .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2014, 09:56:47 AM »
Ahh no.

I think everyone cares about this.  Thing is, most of us simply sigh and curse under our breath vs coming to the forums with the issue.  As I have stated multiple times in multiple threads, until there is a NEGATIVE put with the bail out option of bombers there wont be a curtailing of this happening. HTC could make it so that getting shot down is less damaging to someone's score, or increase the proxy range and make it so no damage is needed.

I still think there should be a perk price put on all of the heavy bombers.  That way if you bomb n bail your Lancasters you will lose perk points. Before anyone panics and raises their blood pressure think of it this way: look at how easy it is to earn bomber perk points and how difficult it is to lose perk points (aside from low alt/suicide missions in B29's).
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline TWC_Angel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2014, 11:41:58 AM »
I think everyone cares about this.  Thing is, most of us simply sigh and curse under our breath vs coming to the forums with the issue.  As I have stated multiple times in multiple threads, until there is a NEGATIVE put with the bail out option of bombers there wont be a curtailing of this happening. HTC could make it so that getting shot down is less damaging to someone's score, or increase the proxy range and make it so no damage is needed.

I still think there should be a perk price put on all of the heavy bombers.  That way if you bomb n bail your Lancasters you will lose perk points. Before anyone panics and raises their blood pressure think of it this way: look at how easy it is to earn bomber perk points and how difficult it is to lose perk points (aside from low alt/suicide missions in B29's).

+1 to perking heavy bombers. Truth about the ease of accumulation in bomber Perks.
Equally true is a fair difficulty in loosing said perks.
This would also breathe life back in to the medium bombers again as people work towards there beloved heavies.
Though, I bet this would only affect a fairly new AH pilot if implemented. How many have what could be considered-vast stores- of bomber Perks?  
Parting thought. Would we see an increase in medium bombers or would the jabo heavy fighter take over.
Rocket bomb dump into lawn darting suicide with all it's glory.
Which really isn't any different than a bomber doing the exact same thing only horizontally and then blinking out of existence.

Edit. Grammar
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:44:17 AM by TWC_Angel »
IGN: Angel
DGSII: I./JG1
-=Top*Gun=-
"Guaranteed, knock-down-dragged-out dogfight.       
       Every time."    ((♥ That 190))

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: September 02, 2014, 08:45:57 PM »
How about making kills in bombers part of the ranking system. Maybe that would be a incentive to not bail.