Author Topic: Short burst bug is back.  (Read 1656 times)

Offline Doc72

• Copper Member
Re: Short burst bug is back.
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 07:53:52 AM »
Just finished some offline destruction testing with the 30mm and 37mm.

K4, Ta152, Yak 9T, Il2, Mossi, 262, 410, and 110 G2.

The bombers are tougher now. The B25 can sustain up to 5 hits before showing serious damage. The B17 and Lanc if I didn't aim for the pilots compartment, took up to 17 individual 30\37mm to completely dismantle them before achieving an explosion. The tail structures of the bombers I tested absorbed lots of damage. Cutting off wings at the root took up to 4. One to two would take off the wing tips. Fires took between 1 to 3 hits. That was kind of random across all of the bombers I tested shooting single shots from single gun installations.

One shot kills as always depended on a shallow bank landing the round into the side or top of the pilots compartment.

Depending on the fighter and where the round landed, it could take up to 3 hits to kill the fighter.

The best short burst kills on everything were from the IL2, Mossi, 410 30mm\20mm load out, 262, and the 110 G with 2 30mm and 4 20mm. The 2 30mm in the 110 for some reason shooting alone are easier to aim and hit with on fighters to 400 than other Mk108 packages.

I was wondering about this. I fly the A8 with the 30mm gun package a lot and have noticed a significant change in the toughness of the bombers. What use to take me 3 or 4 passes to kill a set of buffs now takes me around 7-8 passes. It's rather frustrating. I also took up a tempy once last week and stumbled across a set of KI67's.....I ended up unloading EVERYTHING into the right drone. The only damage I could see was two fuel leaks on the right wing which was my aiming point the entire time. 
Doc72CH
XO 364th C-Hawks
Professional bait
aka: sparky

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 03:28:09 PM »
I noticed that with Ki's also,  used to light them up like a torch with a single pass in a Spit 16, last time I came across a flight I unloaded everything into them and flew away oiled with no kills.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 02:31:02 PM »
I was flying a BF-109K-4 last night, fighting a FW-190D-9. I hit him 3 times with a 30mm, dispersed between the fuselage and elevator. The only damage resulting was half of his elevator was shot off. I had to hit him a 4th time during a second pass to kill him. I have my primary and secondary guns set to separate triggers, so I'm positive it was 30mm hits.

The player I was fighting was holms264. The kill is recorded here: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/killsinp.php?playername=Skyyr&selectTour=LWTour169&pindex=1&kname=holms264

Not sure if it's related to anything else in this thread, but it was weird enough that I actually called it out on voice comms.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 02:33:10 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 11:21:41 AM »
Just finished some offline destruction testing with the 30mm and 37mm.

K4, Ta152, Yak 9T, Il2, Mossi, 262, 410, and 110 G2.

The bombers are tougher now. The B25 can sustain up to 5 hits before showing serious damage. The B17 and Lanc if I didn't aim for the pilots compartment, took up to 17 individual 30\37mm to completely dismantle them before achieving an explosion. The tail structures of the bombers I tested absorbed lots of damage. Cutting off wings at the root took up to 4. One to two would take off the wing tips. Fires took between 1 to 3 hits. That was kind of random across all of the bombers I tested shooting single shots from single gun installations.

One shot kills as always depended on a shallow bank landing the round into the side or top of the pilots compartment.

Depending on the fighter and where the round landed, it could take up to 3 hits to kill the fighter.

The best short burst kills on everything were from the IL2, Mossi, 410 30mm\20mm load out, 262, and the 110 G with 2 30mm and 4 20mm. The 2 30mm in the 110 for some reason shooting alone are easier to aim and hit with on fighters to 400 than other Mk108 packages.

Bustr,

u tell me you see significant loss in the destructiveness of the 30 mm guns?

May I ask for a statement from Skuzzy regarding your findings?
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 08:41:55 AM »
Bustr,

u tell me you see significant loss in the destructiveness of the 30 mm guns?

May I ask for a statement from Skuzzy regarding your findings?

Means nothing to us and will be disregarded as we have no films to analyze.

The problem with the approach does not answer where are the shots hitting?  It is all about the precise impact location, energy, and angles.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 06:00:50 PM »
Over 10 years of doing destruct testing, I've found variations in the numbers of 30mm it takes to randomly dismantle bombers from 200 tapping out one round at a time. It's not meant for precision since in the game you cannot be precise due to the many factors limiting premeditated precision not in force against offline drones on your PC. I perform my test with every update and about midway through each tour. Kind of like Lusche and his graphs.

One fact I keep in mind though. Offline is the baseline for what should be possible online in terms of gunnery results if we didn't have internet quality issues and router hop time. But, since your offline client running on your PC is your online client running on your PC in terms of physics in force. If you make no changes to the offline arena setup for hardness. You end up seeing what could happen online during offline destruct testing. One must temper this with understanding the internet is not our friend online when we most need it to be.

Oh! did everyone know it has been a bad winter for the nation's internet infrastructure. And as that clears up, if you pay attention to range chatter and what your countrymen are doing. You can watch gunnery outcomes improve like night and day. Gunnery in our game has become a hobby since I've gone through the trouble of researching the reticle, gunsights, harmonization and the guns used by the combatant nations during ww2 to produce my Historic Packs.

As always, Hitech's reproduction of ww2 gunnery in our game is masterful and very close to the results expected by reading all the manuals. I just wish the internet respected his efforts more. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 11:12:13 PM »
I sent the film of me landing 6 x 30mm right on the nose and cockpit of a ki84 that is also in this thread.

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 02:06:56 PM »
FINALY !

Thats now 2.5 months i told HTC (+ Skuzzy on Pms) that 30MM had problems... I sent Films that prove it (ofc)

No reply so far : HTC really needs to work on their com...

It's been happening to me since the update, and i finally caught it on film. 30mm hit around the 45 second mark with no damage. The only time i notice this is when i fire less than 5 rounds.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ay58bdikjgc3lm/film88_0431.ahf

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 08:58:23 AM »
you are kidding, right ?

I sent u one of films proving there is a problem and that he s right mid-december (HTC mail and i warned u about it).

Im still waiting an HTC answer and it has been 3.5 months now !

Means nothing to us and will be disregarded as we have no films to analyze.

The problem with the approach does not answer where are the shots hitting?  It is all about the precise impact location, energy, and angles.

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 06:42:36 AM »
Skuzzy, u need me to send u again one of my films ? :noid

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 06:57:23 AM »
I do not recall getting a film from you.  Not saying you did not send one.  I just do not recall getting one.

Typically, if there is a bug shown in a film, we just fix it and announce the fix with the patch release.

icepac, I did not get that film.  It is very possible our SPAM filter might have eaten them.  If the film is small enough to email, without zipping it up, then please do so.  If you send a RAR compressed file, it is likely to be eaten by the SPAM filter.  A ZIP file can make it passed as well, as long as there are nothing wrong with the email header.

Use skuzzy@hitechcreations.com for films.  That is my direct email address.  Please do not use that address for anything else.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:01:49 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 04:36:14 PM »
The 30mm in general is sketchy. If in a 262 or 109K4 and you are too close to the blast you are instantly towered, however if you hit the tail of an enemy the following happens...

Just a moment ago I line up and smashed a niki in the tail.

I was so stunned by his survival I just watched in disbelief as he shot me down.(see film attached)

188 perks of my perks are lost for no good reason but "wtf how does that happen....*BANG*"

How the whole lot didn't depart the aircraft I'll never fathom.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho