Author Topic: 8th AAF "The Mighty 8th" Recruiting for Our Future....  (Read 3778 times)

Offline Yankee67

• Copper Member
Re: 8th AAF "The Mighty 8th" Recruiting for Our Future....
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 11:13:44 PM »
Squad still around?

The squad is still here.  Life seems to be getting in the way, in some form or another, of everyone playing steady.  I seem to be online the most, nearly every day.  I see Cremator a lot, and Sandy and UncleSi most weeks.  DMZ has been popping in more.  It's good that the economy is picking up and we're all busy.  But busy = less time to play.  I'm hopefull that we'll get back in the groove.  I miss GV'ing with DMZ, flying with Si and Rico and the guys, and bombing with buff.  Buff got the squad pretty adept at flattening bases and strats.

We are always recruiting, and I have invite privileges.  Just look for 8thJinx in Late War (WWI DA during map resets).  I rotated over to Rooks to reconnect with Wizzy, 53Mech, Bama and the guys for a little bit.  A little "hey man, how have you been" tour.  The 8thAF was Rook for a few months last year, and think its important to mingle with the community once or twice a year.  So for now I'm rook, some are still Knights.   

Also, CSI147, sorry I got your Jagdpanther the other night.  I couldn't resist.  I know your favorite parking spot.   
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 11:23:22 PM by Yankee67 »
Y67 (6/2/13 - 9/17/13)            8thJinx (9/17/13 -   )

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943. Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 04:26:21 PM »
Yeah, it's been tough to get online in the past month for me. (KB on Knights).. It's seeding time for us farmer folk and I had to jump on the tractor for a month, it doesn't handle as well as my N1K or P-47M, but it's got lots of power!

I am still on Knights at the moment, but the 8th is still alive and kicking. Just a matter of having the numbers on at the same time!  I've been jumping in with the FreeBirds for strategic bombing when my 8th squaddies are not available.
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 12:26:21 PM »
Mighty 8th is still looking for members!

Our numbers have faded a bit in the past month, but with summer upon us and all those summer-booze related activities, not all pilots have reported in for duty.  :old: AWOL!

Our CO is currently away from the game, but we still have invite capability, so if you'd like to join the strategic bombing wing of the 8th, I'll be in the skies!

My B-17 and gunner crew sees a fair amount of action on weeknights; I would love for you to join me either as another bomber crew, or fighter cover. We are flexible!

As our poor countrymen seem to be best at a defence furball based upon reactionary reports from country channel, the Mighty 8th is trying to implement Pickup Missions at a regular interval while our pilots are online.

Pickup Mission will usually be very basic in aircraft selection, and be named some variation of "Mighty 8th". Hope to see you there!

Offline 9thAFE

• Copper Member
      • 8th AAF Squadron Website
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 12:40:32 PM »
We have been ramping up our activity as of late and as a result could use some more dedicated pilots to join our squadron. Feel free to visit our website links are in the thread and my signature.

:salute
8thBuff (CO)  8th AAF  "The Mighty 8th"  Squadron

Offline 9thAFE

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 10:10:44 AM »
8th would like to welcome Shriike to the squadron.....

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 09:50:13 AM »
Well gents,  I brought home a National Championship!   :rock 

CTA Doubles Champ.

Good to see you back Buff! Look forward to getting back in the skies. Oh, and Shriike is my father who is not what I would call "savvy" when it comes to the computers. He just grabs the stick and hits the throttle  :joystick:  :old:  so don't be offended if he doesn't respond. I'm working on getting him up to speed!

-KB   :salute

Offline 9thAFE

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 01:40:53 PM »
That's pretty awesome KB congrats to you and your dad, and not worried about the tech stuff good to have him aboard anyway we will get him up and running no time.

Offline 9thAFE

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »
Squad night tonight fellas, call your friends call your enemies, send texts, send emails, get everyone involved see ya in the air this evening....

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 10:21:50 AM »
Squad night tonight fellas, call your friends call your enemies, send texts, send emails, get everyone involved see ya in the air this evening....

Looking forward to seeing friendlies close by... Those red guys are mean  :D

Maybe we'll get lucky and the 49th will be online...

Offline 9thAFE

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 09:10:37 AM »
Squad is still seeking qualified Fighter, GV, Bomber pilots to join our ranks, if interested PM me, fill out the registration form on our website, or find one of us online in the game (we fly Knights).

8thBuff

Offline 9thAFE

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 05:05:22 PM »
Do Not Be Alarmed..... the man that had our Squad under his name, his account has gone bye bye, so we lost our squad but for just a day lol. It is fixed now contact me in the game and ill get you squared away and back in the group, and this time no more hiccups. Sorry for the pain, but thanks for the patience.

8thBuff

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 05:50:27 PM »
I think this little hiccup needs to reflect on guppy's service record!  :furious

I will be tooling the cartoon skies tonight gents! hope to see our squad online! I swear i won't go afk 14 times.  :bolt:

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 11:31:04 AM »
The mighty 8th needs bomber crews!  We have the ordinance!

Offline cotaylor

• Copper Member
      • 19th Bombardment Group
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 08:41:19 PM »
The 19th is liking this ^^^^   
Anytime we can help out, just give a shout.  <S>
19taylor
CO - 19th Bombardment Group "Crazy Eyeballs"
http://19thbg.com

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2014, 11:33:54 AM »
Mighty 8th!

Any interest in joining the Friday Squad Operations? I've been asked if we would be interested in joining up (as there aren't many of us active) with an existing squad.

I'm interested but, dont' want to exclude any of our brethren. What do you guys think? Am I lone wolfing this?  :bolt: