Author Topic: What is a good?  (Read 1808 times)

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
What is a good?
« on: February 27, 2014, 07:06:33 PM »
i need help here i have been playing with a mouse for....years, for everything, fighters, bombers, tanking, and well it has come to the time that i would like to try a joystick. Im asking everybody, what is a cheap joystick that i could buy and that it is decent to use for ah???  thanks. :old:
My name is Talin555 and if you get shot down by me, You should slap your self, Because i am not the best at  fighting.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
Re: What is a good?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:18:22 PM »
i need help here i have been playing with a mouse for....years, for everything, fighters, bombers, tanking, and well it has come to the time that i would like to try a joystick. Im asking everybody, what is a cheap joystick that i could buy and that it is decent to use for ah???  thanks. :old:
Thrust master 16000m
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 09:31:38 PM »
Thrustmaster makes a $20 stick that is just fine.  Been using it a few months now.
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:09:39 PM »
Logitech 3D Pro, $29.99 brand new at most.

This is the stick I use currently.

For me a 3D Pro seems to last about 12 months before it loses its center for whatever reason.. I think it is  a great stick regardless.
It's a get what you pay for thing, but its not bad.

My first stick was a Cyborg FLY 5 that shyt the bed on me in the first month I had it, it wasn't too expensive ( only 69.00 ) but since it died so fast I went with the even cheaper logitech and it was wayyy better.

I'm looking to try out something different though so I will be moving from the 3D Pro soon.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 01:50:30 AM »
Thrustmaster T.16000m
+1. It's very accurate and relatively inexpensive for $50'ish.

Or the T.flight Hotas for activating your both hands in the same price category:

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 12:22:00 AM »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 12:53:02 AM »
^ what he said
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 08:02:04 PM »
Logitech 3D Pro, $29.99 brand new at most.

This is the stick I use currently.

(Image removed from quote.)

For me a 3D Pro seems to last about 12 months before it loses its center for whatever reason.. I think it is  a great stick regardless.
It's a get what you pay for thing, but its not bad.

My first stick was a Cyborg FLY 5 that shyt the bed on me in the first month I had it, it wasn't too expensive ( only 69.00 ) but since it died so fast I went with the even cheaper logitech and it was wayyy better.

I'm looking to try out something different though so I will be moving from the 3D Pro soon.

I have had terrible luck with the logitech sticks. They're great as long as they work but I have been going through one every two or three months.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 09:17:19 PM »
The thrustmaster hotas is great. Tons of buttons. The rocker on the front of the throttle is great for zoom in/ out.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Chief

• Zinc Member
      • 332nd Fighter Group
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 01:38:20 PM »
+1. It's very accurate and relatively inexpensive for $50'ish.

Or the T.flight Hotas for activating your both hands in the same price category:

Trust me...I fly with this vs the Logitech ... Had both this one is durable. last longer. Accurate.
Squad: TAs AeroFighters Inc. (active) | 332nd Fighter Group (2014/2015)
Pilot: Greaser

The Battle Over The Winter Line

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 01:44:49 PM »
Either the logitech or the thrustmaster would suit.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 03:02:32 PM »
This will last indefinitely.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/141214756096?nav=SEARCH

My Sidewinder lasted only 14 years of heavy gaming and then I had to spend a long 10 minutes fixing it. I hear these 3D whatnots can last an amazing 6 months!  :bhead
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 10:26:33 AM »
^ what he said

I can't believe they are still to be found on Ebay. MS must have produced millions of 'em  :D They are a very smooth joystick if you can live with the minimal input options.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 01:59:47 PM »
I can't believe they are still to be found on Ebay. MS must have produced millions of 'em  :D They are a very smooth joystick if you can live with the minimal input options.
There's a very simple workaround for that. As Aces High can use an indefinite number of input devices, it's easy to find some kind of a buttoned controller even from a garage sale. Or make one of an abandoned joystick. Both have been done, here's one thread about the subject: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,342021.msg4514625.html#msg4514625
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 04:32:38 PM »
There's a very simple workaround for that. As Aces High can use an indefinite number of input devices, it's easy to find some kind of a buttoned controller even from a garage sale. Or make one of an abandoned joystick. Both have been done, here's one thread about the subject: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,342021.msg4514625.html#msg4514625

Actually, we are limited to what DirectInput will allow, which I believe is eight individual devices, with 256 buttons per device.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com