Author Topic: Red icons disappearing  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Red icons disappearing
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 09:34:24 AM »
I can't recreate this on my end, but I'll ask Skuzzy about it tomorrow when he gets back from vacation.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 11:03:41 AM »
I wonder if it is card dependant.. Mine us ATi.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 09:37:54 AM »
Everyone that is having this problem, please list your PC stats.  Video card, RAM, Windows version, etc.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 11:44:24 AM »
Windows XP   256MB ram     (vid card)  x1300pro    ping is in 300's

Everything is fine with the game except the disappearing icons...the plane icons are starting to disappear with more frequency in the D200 to 600 range up close where it was usually between 1.5 to 3 at distance...they rarely disappear when multiple cons are around (like 15 but just might not notice them going out) but if its singles or doubles it will go off and stay off for up to 10 seconds...gv icons go out at D800 and really don't come back up...last night I was circling a panzer with its icon just fine and a m3 upped and drove right by the stationary panzer and its icon never showed up
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 12:39:23 PM »
ATi Radeon 5770 intel i3 4GB RAM Win7
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 05:11:55 PM »
GeForce GTX 780
8Gigs DDR3-1333
i5-2500K@ 3.30GHz
W7 Pro

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 04:41:38 PM »
There are three B-17s in this image taken from the Forward Up view in an A-20.

I've had the same view problem in an A20 with an Intel P3+Gforce2 and Intel P4+Radeon 9800 and an Intel i7 2600k+AMD Radeon 6850 HD

The other views are fine, but in this combination, it affects every plane icon you should be seeing on your screen.

The image is cropped to make sure it's less then the upload max.

You don't even need to launch the A20 off the runway. Set all six drones as a large bomber (so you can see where the icons should be) and hit the forward up view to watch the icons disappear.

If that is a formation, the lead bomber is just out of view enough to cause the ICON to disappear.  I did the offline test and the ICON's all disappear when they are supposed to and reappear when they are supposed to.

Okay, I think everyone knows, but I am not going to assume anything.  ICON's do disappear when the plane crosses the frame rails of a cockpit.  Anytime the plane is blocked from physical view (I think it is the center point being blocked), the ICON's will disappear.

I cannot view anything at mediafire due to the risk of virus/malware/spyware infection from that site.  

You can upload the images in our "Films and Screenshots" forum and link them from from here.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:47:31 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 06:58:09 PM »
PotNpans Screen3.png shows it best, unobstructed but still missing the icon
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 01:04:21 PM »

Since returning to the game last week, I too have experienced this bug a few times in various aircraft.  The icon suddenly disappears then reappears intermittently.  It is definitely happening inside normal icon range with no obvious reason for it to disappear.  The first time I saw it, I thought some bombers had bailed - the 3.5K icon was there one second, then gone, then reappeared.  The second and third time I started thinking maybe it was just a glitch related to arena lag (which has been bad for me lately).  Now that I am aware others are experiencing it, I will relate specifics if/when I see it again.  (Not at my home comp now, so can't provide hardware details ATM.)

Anecdotally, it seems to me like it occurred when transitioning into a front-quarter (forward left or forward right) view, but that could be a red herring.   It has occurred several times, so I will be looking for it now and will relate more specific and useful data and/or film.

<S>
Ryno

Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »
I have noticed this a few times also.  It happens when I am level and at the 3 or 9 of the bombers.  Only last's a few seconds and then the icons are back.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2014, 01:46:07 PM »
If that is a formation, the lead bomber is just out of view enough to cause the ICON to disappear.  I did the offline test and the ICON's all disappear when they are supposed to and reappear when they are supposed to.

Okay, I think everyone knows, but I am not going to assume anything.  ICON's do disappear when the plane crosses the frame rails of a cockpit.  Anytime the plane is blocked from physical view (I think it is the center point being blocked), the ICON's will disappear.

Sorry, I missed this somehow.

No, I was following the planes with Icons clearly visible and well within range. In the screenshot, I dipped the nose to use the forward + up view and show the icons disappear. That screen shot was harder to accomplish then you can imagine. I don't have enough fingers lol.

Just now, I loaded ndisles offline, launched an A-20 at A1 pointing NE.
Engine off.
The icons are all within 3k and icon range is 6k
All views, i.e. Side+Forward+Up work normally except Forward+Up. Then the icons disappear.

The interesting thing is that in the film viewer, the icons show but instead, the cockpit frame disappears. I can email the film if it would be helpful.

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2014, 02:10:15 PM »
A film is always welcome.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 02:13:04 PM »
On it's way.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 06:58:44 PM »
my icons show up very light color

it has been this way for a bit, can be tough sometimes.  sometimes it is red and if I use my hatswitch it will change, and if I do ctl/D for showing damage it will be green until I look to the side or behind me