Author Topic: About negativity  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Cremator

• Copper Member
About negativity
« on: April 17, 2014, 02:29:53 PM »
So I've been sitting here reading post about the negatives of this game, Aces High.  So far the only negative experience I've encountered is putting on about 20 pounds since I began playing, around February 1st.  With the summer fast approaching and a small farm to weed eat and mow my weight will shed so I'm not to upset.  I said all that to say this;

At one time in my life I was a hot headed, Ill tempered, bullet proof, junk talking idiot whose own worst enemy was himself. Not in the game but in real life. I played aces high back then for about three months and my personal attitude carried right over into the game. I then monitored 200 and would quickly jump at the first opportunity to mouth and be a punk.  I'd get mad over any little thing and I let it ruin the game for me.

Present day I've learned that bitterness and hatred will get you no where in life. I changed careers and a couple of life lessons have taught me the value of "being the bigger man!"  Henceforth my game play has become much more enjoyable my second time around.  I have learned so much more this time by just being polite and following advice given, studying and reading the forum and that the dot squelch command works wonders.   I've found that the guy with the cool call sign, who consistently shoots you down, in most cases, is always willing to help and share his knowledge to make said a better player.

The game is what you make of it and I'm proud to be a part of it. This go around I'm in it for the long haul and look forward to each encounter.
Back after 15 years. <S> Everyone. Cremator08@gmail.com. (Cremator in real life)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: About negativity
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 02:47:40 PM »
Best post I've read in a while, thanks for sharing.  :salute

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 02:59:20 PM »
Great alternative to the flurry of "Aces High Sky Is Falling" threads of late. Well said  :salute

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 03:19:58 PM »
The downfall of this game is the fronts that certain people put-on in this game.. If you want to be part of a team you have to show your true colors.. like every guy on the roster of a championship franchise.. they show up, and come to play.. they don't hide and chintz out when it's go time.. I'm 100 percent sure thats what this community is about.. .
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 03:26:21 PM »
 :salute Thanks!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 03:30:07 PM »
No thank you bizman.. theres guys on here that make it awesome just to be around.. forget the game.. guys like Rocky, Hitech, U.S.ranger, Iraqvet, Changeup.. thats the reason why this community exists.. without these people there would be no aces high..  Even if it was the gym or the basketall court or whatever.. these are the guys that would make it worth its while..
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:32:41 PM by craz07 »

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 03:52:38 PM »
=S= Cremator! Better words have seldom been written here. I am, online, the same person in real life. fallible, but honest. I finally allowed some "pragmatism" into my gameplay, I try now not to get upset if other players don't play the way I want. It's definitely made the game more enjoyable for me. Thanks for sharing, and good luck in life and in game
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 03:53:32 PM »
The downfall of this game is the fronts that certain people put-on in this game.. If you want to be part of a team you have to show your true colors.. like every guy on the roster of a championship franchise.. they show up, and come to play.. they don't hide and chintz out when it's go time.. I'm 100 percent sure thats what this community is about.. .

And this is different from the real world how?

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 03:55:24 PM »
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 03:56:36 PM »
LOL

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 04:01:27 PM »

ROFL!

I need that sign!!

And nicely stated Cremator.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 04:08:16 PM »
A penny for your thought.. I think they're going for around 25 cents these days, come on now you..

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 04:47:41 PM »
 :salute  :cheers:
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 01:35:39 AM »
No thank you bizman.. theres guys on here that make it awesome just to be around.. forget the game.. guys like Rocky, Hitech, U.S.ranger, Iraqvet, Changeup.. thats the reason why this community exists.. without these people there would be no aces high..  Even if it was the gym or the basketall court or whatever.. these are the guys that would make it worth its while..
I was thanking Cremator for making me think about how maturing as a human being makes this community and the whole world a nicer place to live in.

To avoid further misunderstanding I'd rather quote Skuzzy who in my opinion is one of the few here who writes English according the rules I was taught at school some thirty-five years ago:
--- nicely stated Cremator.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 07:58:46 AM »
222 views and 14 responses.

Disheartening.