Author Topic: About negativity  (Read 1260 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Re: About negativity
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 08:32:00 AM »
Yes, but not surprising.  The community likes to post in different kinds of posts.

<S> Cremator
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 08:48:20 AM »
So I've noticed.  :old:

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 08:50:45 AM »
My attitude changed a lot too.  I was like you, ready for a pissing contest.  Once I started thinking about this game like I do the annual thanksgiving day flag football game I used to attend, things changed.  

Every thanksgiving all my friends use to get together to play a game of football.  We would gather, choose teams and play hard.  No one got mad, we congratulated the other team and had a blast.  Afterwards we ate turkey and drank beer, still friends.  

If the players in this game approached the game like that, treating the red guys as if they were going to share turkey and beer after an exciting dogfight, things would be much happier and positive around here.  
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 08:53:09 AM »
Great analogy scca - I agree.  My friends did that too on Thanksgiving.  It ended when we started getting injured though :old:
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 09:26:33 AM »
My attitude changed a lot too.  I was like you, ready for a pissing contest.  Once I started thinking about this game like I do the annual thanksgiving day flag football game I used to attend, things changed.  

Every thanksgiving all my friends use to get together to play a game of football.  We would gather, choose teams and play hard.  No one got mad, we congratulated the other team and had a blast.  Afterwards we ate turkey and drank beer, still friends.  

If the players in this game approached the game like that, treating the red guys as if they were going to share turkey and beer after an exciting dogfight, things would be much happier and positive around here.  

Sounds pretty much like every Rugby game I ever played, less the turkey, beer was in evidence though :old: :cheers:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 09:33:59 AM »
 :salute

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 09:36:07 AM »
If there was a like button here I'm sure this post would have plenty.
I have to agree with the post, my attitude is different now than when I started playing.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 09:40:01 AM »
my attitude is different now than when I started playing.

I think this is because you enter the game as a noob, you see the "attitude", you try to fit in, then you realize the "attitude" is crap, so you change.  Am I right?
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2014, 10:19:44 AM »
My experience has been great mainly due to the people who've helped me along the way. I've flown with many different squads and they've all taught me well. I remember when I was a young squeaker new to the game, and I started flying with a fella named SSGT82ndAirborne(it was something very close that anyways) he taught me a lot about the game and we had fun doing it. He taught me basic ACMs and wingman skills. Ta57 also taught me a lot about the game back in the early 2000s. The Dirty30 and Slashing Talons were great guys and mentors to me. Currently G3MF has taught me than enough about flying about also the quality of our squad. I love my mfers that's my home.

I'd also like to give a special shoutout to the Roc for hooking me on scenarios, and the whole Special Events crew, you guys help make my Aces High experience even better.  :salute
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2014, 02:49:41 PM »
Actually Ive been having my best time ever since coming back to AH. Sure the huge crowds were great but we didnt also have the TU2S. :D

Its BF4 Im unabashedly negative about. Not AH. Boy the poked the pooch with that game.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »
Present day I've learned that bitterness and hatred will get you no where in life. I changed careers and a couple of life lessons have taught me the value of "being the bigger man!" 

Well done! <S>  It also helps you have a happier, more-enjoyable life.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2014, 03:59:42 PM »
The game is what you make of it

I've been playing AH off and on, mostly on, since 2002.  I've seen changes over the years in many ways.  I still enjoy the camaraderie the best.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2014, 07:34:37 PM »

Great post.  

You get a few goofballs from time to time, but this community as a whole is pretty frikkin awesome... 

<---Former goofball

Hey, we all grow up right?

« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:39:02 PM by AAJagerX »
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2014, 07:57:00 PM »
Sounds pretty much like every Rugby game I ever played, less the turkey, beer was in evidence though :old: :cheers:

Yep Danny, one of the greatest things I loved about Rugby was after the match. All bloodied all bruised and all drinking beer together.
Great times.  :cheers:

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2014, 08:18:10 PM »

Great post.  

You get a few goofballs from time to time, but this community as a whole is pretty frikkin awesome... 

<---Former goofball

Hey, we all grow up right?

Some do, others choose not to.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend