Author Topic: About negativity  (Read 1264 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: About negativity
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2014, 10:14:37 PM »
 :aok post

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2014, 01:26:44 AM »
Positivity breeds positivity...well played :aok
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2014, 12:11:07 PM »
Good post OP.

About a year ago I posted my first and only request in the wish list forum, asking if HTC would consider doing a weekly update on the progress of any new work they're up to.

It seems that this has come to fruition, Hitech and Skuzzy have been posting very regular updates, giving both information and videos on the new graphics and such.

IMO though it's had the opposite effect of what I was hoping for - even MORE complaining.  If I had a dollar for every "well I'm out, my machine will never run that" or other similar comments both here and on ch200, I would....have a lot of dollars.  I often wonder what would happen if Hitech won the 300 million dollar lottery they have in the USA.  I wouldn't blame him in the slightest if he posted a big picture of him giving everyone the finger on the front page, and just walked away from all of this. 

It must be hard to put in so much work over the years, and have customers constantly criticize every little detail and aspect of that effort.  It's the worst catch 22 out there, use whatever catch phrase you like - dog chasing its tail, damned if you do, damned if you don't, rock and a hard place - HTC is living proof they're all true.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not about writing a puff piece, and I have my own personal complaints, beliefs, and issues surrounding the entire product, but to participate in regular complaint threads that have statements like "this game is doomed", or "the numbers declining proves me right", is pretty ridiculous when you consider that this game has been around 15 years now.  It's doubly so when most of the usual suspect complaining still subscribe and play. 

To survive such a long period of time, and weather the storms that have come and gone both in the internet business world and beyond, says pretty much all anyone should need to hear.  It must feel like a long road traveled though, looking back those 15 years, and however more the core team was at Warbirds/etc, and constantly have to deal with all the negative waves. 

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2014, 12:23:19 PM »
So I've been sitting here reading post about the negatives of this game, Aces High.  So far the only negative experience I've encountered is putting on about 20 pounds since I began playing, around February 1st.  With the summer fast approaching and a small farm to weed eat and mow my weight will shed so I'm not to upset.  I said all that to say this;

At one time in my life I was a hot headed, Ill tempered, bullet proof, junk talking idiot whose own worst enemy was himself. Not in the game but in real life. I played aces high back then for about three months and my personal attitude carried right over into the game. I then monitored 200 and would quickly jump at the first opportunity to mouth and be a punk.  I'd get mad over any little thing and I let it ruin the game for me.

Present day I've learned that bitterness and hatred will get you no where in life. I changed careers and a couple of life lessons have taught me the value of "being the bigger man!"  Henceforth my game play has become much more enjoyable my second time around.  I have learned so much more this time by just being polite and following advice given, studying and reading the forum and that the dot squelch command works wonders.   I've found that the guy with the cool call sign, who consistently shoots you down, in most cases, is always willing to help and share his knowledge to make said a better player.

The game is what you make of it and I'm proud to be a part of it. This go around I'm in it for the long haul and look forward to each encounter.

Is this post for midway....   or by midway?
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 05:09:27 PM »
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 06:03:03 PM »
Don't be a Debbie Downer or a Negative Nancy.......... that is all.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline maxy

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2014, 06:40:12 PM »
right on  :salute