Author Topic: 2.2 CENTS PER HOUR  (Read 7178 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: 2.2 CENTS PER HOUR
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2014, 03:13:28 PM »
No one debates the cycle happens.

Why subject us, the customer base to suffer through a bad forum experience?   New customer work around is simple.

It does not matter the source, the cycles happen.  Every board I have ever been apart of goes through it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »
It does not matter the source, the cycles happen.  Every board I have ever been apart of goes through it.

At some point - and the longer the more painful waiting becomes...and even though the weeds will surely come back, turning the soil produces a more vibrant and productive crop...for a time at least.  A time that can be prolonged through care.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2014, 03:19:51 PM »
Oh damn, I do not own a tiller.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: April 23, 2014, 03:20:57 PM »

:)

They are easy to use.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #124 on: April 23, 2014, 03:21:23 PM »
Those cycles would happen, regardless of who or who was not on the board.  It is just the nature of an online community.  People come and go.  The cycles follow.

Hang around long enough and you will see it happen.

I don't believe you could truly close out trolls.

But because you know or expect that things keep repeating themselves does not mean you have to accept them.
That is contrary to any free spirit and actually would insult any ability to compromise.

Yet again, looking at it rationally, what is more efficient?
Bust some caps and clean up the board from unwanted members or actually invest time and effort to try a different approach?
As the cycle keeps repeating itself endlessly I tend to say, the cleaning up costs more in the end.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: April 23, 2014, 03:22:34 PM »

^

Must own a tiller  :D

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2014, 03:23:58 PM »
Translated to Texas speak for Skuzzy

Just don't give them as much rope.  :devil
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2014, 03:25:01 PM »
^

Must own a tiller  :D

Don't even have a garden  :D
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »

< lives in an apartment.  :D

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2014, 03:50:40 PM »
Those cycles would happen, regardless of who or who was not on the board.  It is just the nature of an online community.  People come and go.  The cycles follow.

Hang around long enough and you will see it happen.

It is, maybe. I have been with AH since 2001. Yet I did stick with reading the BBS for years.

Accepting the cycle would mean I would accept my neighbours dog doing it's business on my lawn over and over again.
I don't and I put means in place to prevent it as far as possible. If necessary I shoot the dog. Harsh example but it makes the point.

Example: On another board they have contributing members ( Squad leaders for example ) as moderators. Equipped with the full load of possibilities from warning to PNG.
I don't say you have to do this. But pick up the end of the cycle to find a solution. Waiting and hoping for things to turn to the better does not improve anything.
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2014, 03:56:14 PM »
We do not wait and hope things turn better.  What do you think we have been doing the last few days?  There are times when the community will not correct itself and someone has to step in.

There is no stopping the cycles, short of shutting down all non-support forums.  If you know a way, then please elaborate.  Might want to email or PM me with the answer.

We tried allowing players to be board moderators and it did not work.

Blocking non-players is not an option.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2014, 03:58:41 PM »
Roy, What the hell. A tiller? You're supposed to be from the south. Get a pickaxe and hoe. Thats how us southern boys do it.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline ExecutiveErnst

• Copper Member
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2014, 04:01:05 PM »
This thread made me think of my first CO Dogit.  Dude complained every 5 minutes bout this game being rigged for the rooks.  i can still hear that thick Boston accent in my head whining bout Skuzzy.  :huh

I think we have so many hardcore regulars that we can keep playing this game for a long time if we just help accept the new players in a little better, as posted already on another thread.  some new advertising and i bet we could keep a nice base of 300 350 players a night at peak maybe more on weekends for a long time.  

Been playing the game for 5, 6 years but only started flying FSO a couple years ago.  might not be flying still if i hadn't joined in on the Friday Night fun.  

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2014, 04:06:10 PM »
Roy, What the hell. A tiller? You're supposed to be from the south. Get a pickaxe and hoe. Thats how us southern boys do it.

ROFL!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2014, 04:34:51 PM »
We do not wait and hope things turn better.  What do you think we have been doing the last few days?  There are times when the community will not correct itself and someone has to step in.

There is no stopping the cycles, short of shutting down all non-support forums.  If you know a way, then please elaborate.  Might want to email or PM me with the answer.

We tried allowing players to be board moderators and it did not work.

Blocking non-players is not an option.

I do like a sensable, public discussion. Will pm you on the other matter.

As I am not from the south  :D I rather leave the pickaxe in the shed... Shootin the neighbours dog was harsh enough I thought?

Your statement above puzzles me. You say, board members as moderators did not work yet you expect the community to self correct?
It's a bit like a dogfight in Mossie XVI, isn't it? And even if it did not work in the past, why not try again? How can I stop a troll without the means?
Yes, we can report things.Reporting a thread means to me the hammer comes down and someone flies off the board. I do not like the idea so I rather not report anything. My choice.

Not knowing about the technical issues involved but I give it a try:

Open a "troll" forum. Sounds weird? You have the power to MOVE threads, right? Open a forum for flying members only where you dump all the debauchery, locked threads and so on you do not want to see in the public section.
Anyone who gives reason to have a thread moved too often is removed from game and bbs. Give the power to MOVE to selected, subscribed and active members off the GAME<<< edit
Keeps the public part clean and tidy and can be placed with the necessary explicit! warnings for new customers when they become paying subscribers.

I did not yet think of the part of keeping the thread active or lock it once it is moved.

Your turn.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:40:44 PM by McShark »
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn