Author Topic: 2.2 CENTS PER HOUR  (Read 7139 times)

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Re: 2.2 CENTS PER HOUR
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2014, 04:36:06 PM »
First, Skuzzy, thanks for discussing this. While i understand not wanting to cut out new players, there are way too many non-players who tie up your time and wreck threads with their opinions. As a paying player, I feel that non-paying members of the board have little business tellin you or us how to play the game. It seems the longer they haven't played, the more self-important they are. How about a button that allows us to mute non-payers?
If you don't pay, you should be able to be ignored, without disrupting the reading of threads. At this point the only way to get away from them is stay away from the BBS and that isn't worth a tinker's damn. Hell, I just had to leave the game because I was being constantly PMed by a player who I really like, but supports those who've gotten the Ban Hammer and i got tired of hearing it...I know, I could have muted him, but I'm so tired of the 12 hour junk, I just gave up for the night.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:40:36 PM by Copprhed »
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2014, 04:40:18 PM »
I think that this message board is excellent.

It has its flare ups of argument once in a while, but they don't last, and some of the arguments are not even bad but just spirited.

A message board is a very useful advertising and marketing tool.  Prospective users can come in and poke around.  They might come across some flaming argument over a game aspect, but 99% of the stuff they can look at is not that and can help them see how much there is to the game.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2014, 04:40:55 PM »
Good Grief!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2014, 04:41:36 PM »
Back when we allowed the discussion of anything in the O'Club, we tried everything to keep from having to place a bunch of forum posting rules in place.

The problem was the postings there carried over to the game as well as the other forums and created a real mess anytime anything controversial came up.  We will not go there again.

So, opening a separate forum will not work.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2014, 04:45:26 PM »
Back when we allowed the discussion of anything in the O'Club, we tried everything to keep from having to place a bunch of forum posting rules in place.

The problem was the postings there carried over to the game as well as the other forums and created a real mess anytime anything controversial came up.  We will not go there again.

The OÇlub is still part of the public section. Anything public won't work and we will keep running in circles.

To clean up the public part you need to come up with something accessible yet not public.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2014, 08:46:20 PM »
Roy, What the hell. A tiller? You're supposed to be from the south. Get a pickaxe and hoe. Thats how us southern boys do it.

Might have expected Southerners to use a pickaxe and/or hoe to try to guide a sailboat.  Good thing someone invented life jackets.

- oldman

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2014, 10:24:48 PM »
Roy, What the hell. A tiller?

That's a tiller.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2014, 10:26:39 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

That's a tiller.
Well, excuse me for being ignorant lol.
I was thinking about farming lulz.
I guess my inbred side came out for a sec.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2014, 10:29:56 PM »
 :lol

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2014, 10:32:05 PM »
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2014, 10:40:03 PM »

Look what happens in a private forum for subscribers only.  Scenario Forums are locked to participants only, they have subscriptions. The last scenario had a very few people that were not interested in a discussion, but simply wanted to instigate.  That created a caustic environment for those who simply wanted to participate in the scenario.  Just going Private for paying customers will not solve that problem, so you simply take as much as you can take and at some point start chopping off heads.  Paying for a subscription does not automatically improve ones ability to play well with others.  In fact, sometimes it has the opposite affect of letting them think they now own a portion of the company and have the absolute right to do what ever they want no matter what the impact.

These are the problems, not the public or private board, not the discussions and debates, not things that normal, respectful people can manage to participate in without creating a cesspool out of every thing.  You cannot code away ignorance and griefers.  You just patiently hope they get better and eventually just rid yourself of the problem.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2014, 02:01:49 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:23:33 AM by Skuzzy »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2014, 06:26:34 AM »
Look what happens in a private forum for subscribers only.  Scenario Forums are locked to participants only, they have subscriptions. The last scenario had a very few people that were not interested in a discussion, but simply wanted to instigate.  That created a caustic environment for those who simply wanted to participate in the scenario.  Just going Private for paying customers will not solve that problem, so you simply take as much as you can take and at some point start chopping off heads.  Paying for a subscription does not automatically improve ones ability to play well with others.  In fact, sometimes it has the opposite affect of letting them think they now own a portion of the company and have the absolute right to do what ever they want no matter what the impact.

These are the problems, not the public or private board, not the discussions and debates, not things that normal, respectful people can manage to participate in without creating a cesspool out of every thing.  You cannot code away ignorance and griefers.  You just patiently hope they get better and eventually just rid yourself of the problem.

I would not open a troll forum to discuss any matter further than the reason it made it become a troll thread. I would open a subscriber only forum to MOVE the bad and the ugly away from the public section.

As stated earlier, I did not think about if I want to let any thread go any further after it has been moved to the "Troll section" for derogatory or any other reasons, that should be on HTC to decide.

I do not intend to justify any abusive behaviour nor threads against the rules, other than self agreed to. That's what private forums can be used for.

Trolls are trolls and will ever be around and return. You can't  keep em at bay in a public forum. So far so good.
But to enable me to ignore them or even better, to let myself decide if I still want to have a look at them or not you have to get them off the public section. This way you create a barrier which keeps you to your legal obligations as well as entiteling me to decide if I want to have a look at it or not. They should be sweeped off the public section for new customer protection and against bad advertising for HTC.

I even believe it would make maintenance a bit easier for HTC as well, as you could automate the process of how a thread gets moved and set parameters to lock it or even ban the author causing trouble.
That would take away the personal vendettas some think are necessary to have with HTC staff as well as the necessity to monitor this part of the web even through the weekends.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 06:32:37 AM by McShark »
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2014, 02:36:50 PM »
2.2 cents hour?

What is that in non colonial coinage?

:)

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC