Author Topic: A strange perception of the DA  (Read 8476 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
A strange perception of the DA
« on: April 21, 2014, 08:46:37 PM »
With all the talk of fights, no fights, some fights, few fights I've wondered why the DA is so avoidable for some folks when fights are so available there.  3 v 3, 1 v 1 etc etc.  You can get all you want from anyone you'd like to fight, friendly or not, challenged, or just some practice with a friend.

As a squad we spend a lot of time there and unlike some people suggest, we don't do it to practice our "tricks" or use F3 or whatever other BS some avoiders use.  This is not just the Muppets...its the BK's, the 80th, some AK's and even Skyrr has been known to come play.  We all do it because its the only place to get an unadulterated, even fight.   The only advantage the people that actually go there have is that they learn to fight and when the need arises, don't run from a fight by making laughable excuses to protect their fragile egos in the MA or the DA.  They find no need to rationalize an excuse like tricks, F3, E fighting advantage, etc etc etc.

In the end, most players accept DA invitations and prove they are willing to fight or at least attempt to learn, actually end up earning some respect for fighting instead of working just as hard to come up with new and poignant excuses for their panzyness.  More importantly, they make a few friends.

So, what's your excuse?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 08:48:57 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
Re: A strange perception of the DA
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 08:51:15 PM »
In my experience the DA lake has been nothing but kids flying around in Temps, Spixteens and Hog 4's hoing everything and anything that gets in front of them.   Nearly impossible to have a good fight unless you go to a different field and then get gate crashers who do the same even when asked to butt out.     
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 08:54:52 PM »
In my experience the DA lake has been nothing but kids flying around in Temps, Spixteens and Hog 4's hoing everything and anything that gets in front of them.   Nearly impossible to have a good fight unless you go to a different field and then get gate crashers who do the same even when asked to butt out.     

But for the most part, the single fields have been a good experience for you haven't they?

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 08:55:38 PM »

Show respect. Change was in a DA squadron for a couple years or so .... or so I've been told.  ;)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 08:58:37 PM »
 :lol Changeup

I actually went to the DA the other day with a couple of gentlemen, one of which I do not have much respect for his MA flying style, however he did fight bravely, honorably, and skillfully so I commend him for that.  There were nothing but salutes at the end of the session and I will be a little more reserved in my outspokenness and judgement of him in the MA next time.  

And for the record to those that are unfamiliar, whenever a Muppet calls out "DA", it signifies a 1v1 deck fight at a side base, which will usually turn into multiple people joining, all of which who know the rules of engagement.  F3 mode is not used, so do not be afraid that we are gaming you.  All in good fun and to spice things up a bit.  Next time you get called to the DA, you go, or forever lose your podium to talk a big game!  :aok
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:00:10 PM by grizz441 »

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 09:05:36 PM »
"But for the most part, the single fields have been a good experience for you haven't they?"
Yes of course
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:07:31 PM by NikonGuy »
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »
The 242nd spends a lot of time in the DA. Furball lake is usually a cesspool but it can be fun dodging the handful of super planes.

I actually love getting challenged to the DA, even though I usually get man handled.
See Rule #4

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 09:07:44 PM »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 09:08:16 PM »
The 242nd spends a lot of time in the DA. Furball lake is usually a cesspool but it can be fun dodging the handful of super planes.

I actually love getting challenged to the DA, even though I usually get man handled.

:aok

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 09:14:31 PM »
The 125th has been doing our own series of bracket fights in Death Canyon on fridays and saturdays...  It usually turns into a big furball, and lately we've been getting folks asking if they can come join us.  We love the DA and use it often.  So if you see myself, or any other Spartan (SWcallsign) hit us up.  We're always down to fight.
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 09:17:53 PM »
The 125th has been doing our own series of bracket fights in Death Canyon on fridays and saturdays...  It usually turns into a big furball, and lately we've been getting folks asking if they can come join us.  We love the DA and use it often.  So if you see myself, or any other Spartan (SWcallsign) hit us up.  We're always down to fight.

IN.

Do you see lots of trickery and F3 moders or reasons to avoid it?  Do you hear those comments when you guys get back to the MA after your sessions?

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 09:20:04 PM »
I like to take an FM2 or F4F to the lake floor and rack up some super plane kills!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 09:26:53 PM »
Show respect. Change was in a DA squadron for a couple years or so .... or so I've been told.  ;)

lol, good one.  snortsnort That's about as classy as you've been wearing dresses for the last 13 years.  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:29:07 PM by muzik »
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 09:27:05 PM »
I always felt out of place and wondered what the hell I'm trying to prove embarrassing myself this way.  :noid
Charlie don't surf!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 09:32:14 PM »
I always felt out of place and wondered what the hell I'm trying to prove embarrassing myself this way.  :noid

Ha!!!  That's a lie!!  You've beat me to death there...but you were using F3, lol