Author Topic: A strange perception of the DA  (Read 8446 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: A strange perception of the DA
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2014, 07:10:29 PM »
Separate the Lake from the fields. Make a small arena where planes start in the Air and call it the Free For All room, where everyone is red. Players start in the air and there is only 1 field in on the ground in the center.  The Dueling Arena is for DUELS. Make an arena where you can get REALLY quick action.

Also, enable names in MA :x Its stupid that people have to resort to 'HEY YOU 190 at A74, YOU KEEP ON RUNNING BUDDY!' Just enable player names already, it will bring a whole new dynamic to this stagnant community. But thats for another discussion.

Awesome.  This is a great idea!
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2014, 07:47:54 PM »
Separate the Lake from the fields. Make a small arena where planes start in the Air and call it the Free For All room, where everyone is red. Players start in the air and there is only 1 field in on the ground in the center.  The Dueling Arena is for DUELS. Make an arena where you can get REALLY quick action.

Also, enable names in MA :x Its stupid that people have to resort to 'HEY YOU 190 at A74, YOU KEEP ON RUNNING BUDDY!' Just enable player names already, it will bring a whole new dynamic to this stagnant community. But thats for another discussion.

Wonder where those ideas came from. ;)  :aok
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2014, 08:06:29 PM »
The most DA fun?

1.  Canyon fights?
2.  1 v 1 groups?
3.  1 v 1 hate-fights?

I think the Canyon fights are awesome, where you pick the plane and everyone flies it, or you pick an ENY or whatever... especially when EVERYONE follows the rules.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2014, 08:16:21 PM »

You go Kruel!   I've been debating suggesting the FFA idea for a while now....   We all know how popular that room remained up until the day they chained the doors shut. 

:salute. Nishizawa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2014, 08:36:07 PM »
F-3 mode is used in the DA by most who come there no matter how much the say they don't. That is how they make those fantastic deflection shots in there you never see in the MA or move at just the right time to avoid your fire.

I NEVER fly F3 in DA, and most of the vets in the game wouldn't do it either. The only ones you will find doing it are the hardcore, lake regulars that you never see in the MA. They don't go to the MA because they do fly F3 and can't or wont adapt.

The once or twice I tried it out of curiousity, I couldn't aim to save my life.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2014, 08:47:23 PM »

I NEVER fly F3 in DA, and most of the vets in the game wouldn't do it either. The only ones you will find doing it are the hardcore, lake regulars that you never see in the MA. They don't go to the MA because they do fly F3 and can't or wont adapt.

+1

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2014, 08:59:01 PM »

QFT

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2014, 10:09:44 PM »
Wonder where those ideas came from. ;)  :aok

They came from FA! But I really never flew in the FFA Room but since this is what the discussion is about figured I'd throw it in, I would love for a room with smaller maps and NO STUPID TANKS/BOATS (field guns are OK, maybe the wirbs too). This is Aces HIGH not MudMovers LOW. :airplane:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: April 23, 2014, 03:34:13 AM »
F3 Mode sux. Anyone who can do that is on some other plane of thinking.   I guess that's why my daughter can whip my butt in Black Ops: Zombie Mode.   She is a natural.   My son, too.   I just don't have their perspective--but I did get to level 45 in Zombies on Der Riese....
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #234 on: April 23, 2014, 09:19:39 AM »
yeah we do, the DA after FSO was a lot of fun.

Next Friday no FSO ... Straight for the DA ?  :D
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #235 on: April 23, 2014, 10:36:08 AM »
Why is F3 mode even allowed in the DA and not just the TA?

Or am I necromancing some horse corpse and going to get banned for asking?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #236 on: April 23, 2014, 10:57:30 AM »
Why is F3 mode even allowed in the DA and not just the TA?

Or am I necromancing some horse corpse and going to get banned for asking?

There has never been an answer for this.   There probably never will be.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #237 on: April 23, 2014, 11:00:14 AM »
There has never been an answer for this.   There probably never will be.

If they took the pick and run HO planes out of the DA, and got rid of F3 mode, maybe the 12 hour rule thing would become moot?

Hahaha

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #238 on: April 23, 2014, 11:02:59 AM »
If they took the pick and run HO planes out of the DA, and got rid of F3 mode, maybe the 12 hour rule thing would become moot?

Hahaha

I understand that rational but the truth is the problem isn't the plane set in the DA.  Just up the same and hammer them.  The issue is the stigma of F3

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #239 on: April 23, 2014, 11:09:43 AM »
I think I remember "they" saying it was some concession to Fighter Ace guys coming over to AH.  That might be a figment of my imagination though.   :headscratch:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-