Author Topic: Multiple Accounts Per Household/Credit Card  (Read 5525 times)

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
Multiple Accounts Per Household/Credit Card
« on: April 21, 2014, 11:13:04 PM »
Dear HTC folks.

Since many MA subscribers, including me, are asking who, what, why, when, how, and where about players who have more than one account and use that account to their advantage, please answer a simple question in the light of day in front of those like me who pay their $15 a month for a fair & square game....

Easy question HTC, since I am not the only one in-game asking this question every day...what is...officially, in front of the entire subscription paying community, what is the HTC company policy on people who have multiple accounts per household/multiple accounts per single credit card.  We want to know because it effects gameplay in all arenas every day.

Thanks.

ROX

PS.  Avoiding this issue, stomping this thread would speak VOLUMES.

Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Multiple Accounts Per Household/Credit Card
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:18:00 PM »
spies!

/thread

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 11:19:03 PM »
Ummm... if they're taking money for multiple accounts from the same credit card/household shouldn't you already know the answer?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 11:35:00 PM »
Dad wants to play against his son on two different computers from the same household, something I used to do with my son when he still lived at home (just a different game).  Two brothers playing against each other...

What's the problem?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:36:38 PM by shoresroad »
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 11:35:45 PM »
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 11:36:42 PM »
Anecdotal I know, but everyone I've known who "shades".... could give a rats rear end about winning the warz.     :noid

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 11:37:24 PM »
hey dude, dont forget that people have more than one credit cards and more than one bank account.  also their wife could have a different name and use a different credit card or bank account.  dont forget we have many husbands and wife's who play the game.  dont forget there's also paypal.

dont forget that some players sometimes visit other players and play on the same connection.  dont forget that there's also two brothers in the same household playing.  dont forget that there's also father's and sons playing. 

but mostly dont forget that when anything goes wrong it's always blamed on "spiez".  because there's no way somebody just made a mistake.  I remember the mission from last year noe to the strats we saw them on dar from 3 different bases and they still blamed the "spiez"

but first look at this link, it's the terms of service.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/company-info/support-policies/terms-of-service

then look at this other link, it's a list of rules for the forum.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,229014.0.html

semp

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:41:23 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 11:45:46 PM »
Dear HTC folks.

Since many MA subscribers, including me, are asking who, what, why, when, how, and where about players who have more than one account and use that account to their advantage, please answer a simple question in the light of day in front of those like me who pay their $15 a month for a fair & square game....

Easy question HTC, since I am not the only one in-game asking this question every day...what is...officially, in front of the entire subscription paying community, what is the HTC company policy on people who have multiple accounts per household/multiple accounts per single credit card.  We want to know because it effects gameplay in all arenas every day.

Thanks.

ROX

PS.  Avoiding this issue, stomping this thread would speak VOLUMES.

ROX, what is your specific complaint?  Do you feel that your missions are encountering unusual levels of human resistance?

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 12:08:33 AM »
I bet he was having an awesome time furballing and Tunes came through with all of his accounts and killed the hangars.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 12:10:06 AM »
 :headscratch:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 12:14:55 AM »
I don't understand the question. 

Yes, HTC knows about mult accts in homes and their policy is one of good business practice.  Its called "Take the money people want to pay us for the service we provide"

The end.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 12:24:23 AM »
Where even to begin on this one... Oh, it's Rox, makes sense... Never mind, it's not worth the text.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 12:24:33 AM »
I bet he was having an awesome time furballing and Tunes came through with all of his accounts and killed the hangars.

:lol probably.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 12:26:33 AM »
IMO this is really should be a non starter for numerous reasons.  

First of all, should it really matter if somebody gets some sort of advantage by having a 2nd account?  If it winds you up that much, perhaps you're taking your hobby a little too seriously.

Secondly, this is something that is truly unenforceable IMO.  Somebody could set up a secondary or even a tertiary account under the name of another household member who clicks the "ok" button, and use a VPN which now cost 5 dollars per month, and then use a prepaid credit card for payment.  With a completely random IP address, so long as the PC had never been used with HTC software before, they would be pretty much untraceable.  I believe HTC installs stuff to monitor your hardware, as well as unique information to keep people from abusing the 2 week trial again on a the same PC or IP address, at least that's what I've read here, but again, so long as it was a different PC and a VPN IP address, a person on theory could have shade accounts up the wazoo.

HTC has more than enough on their plate IMO than to go chasing after that sort of thing, and if somebody REALLY wants a secret shade account that badly to jump through all those hoops and pay the extra $ every month - hah, in my opinion they can knock themselves out.

I rarely use the one account I have now, but I will admit I've looked over at the TV I have mounted on a swivel mount in our office, which is run from a home theater PC, and thought that if I really, really took the game super seriously, and played more than the twice every 6 months I'm currently averaging, I COULD put another account on that computer, and have a huge 60" screen to watch events unfold from another country.  OHs Nos!  Teh Spiez!!

I will admit that the OP question could be clarified by HTC, as I said, I could care less either way, but obviously somebody cares about it enough to ask.  The language in HTC's terms of use is a bit vague IMO -
Subscribers are expressly prohibited from engaging in any activity that constitutes, in the sole opinion of HiTech Creations, system abuse

Ok, but what does "sole opinion" actually mean?  Does that mean that the "C" word - the word/action that must not be named here - is constituted by having a secondary account for the exact purpose I outlined a paragraph up?  Personally, like I said, my opinion is it would be time wasted chasing down that sort of stuff, and that with a tiny bit of effort it would be very, very tough to track in the first place.  Also, if there was to be a punishment for such a thing, that would involve losing not just one customer income stream, but at least 2, since a ban would be over 2 accounts being paid for by the same person essentially, right?

I'm with ChangeUp, the bottom line for any small business should be THE BOTTOM line.  Get it?

edit - Oh, and laugh out loud Tec.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:31:09 AM by Gman »

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 12:41:40 AM »
ROX, what is your specific complaint?  Do you feel that your missions are encountering unusual levels of human resistance?
:rofl
Charlie don't surf!