Author Topic: Complaints  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: Complaints
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2014, 07:23:12 AM »
Is it possible to get a character limit for non paying commenters? That way those interested in having polite dialog can come say hi and the non paying trolls can't spam the rest of us with their rubbish.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:37:51 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2014, 07:32:26 AM »
That way those interested in having polite dialog can come say hi and the non paying trolls can't spam the rest of us with their rubbish.
:aok :aok

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2014, 07:37:44 AM »
Good riddance to bad rubbish  :rock

for all you egotistical prima donna cry babies:

Just because you can't find enough moles to whack to stroke your huge egos doesn't mean you have a right to wag the dog of this player base.

CYA in the MA.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2014, 07:40:23 AM »
As has been metioned before there is ALWAYS a fight to be found.  Up a fighter, throttle down fly to a base your dot dar flving slowly across the dar ring will usually elicit a buff hunter to up thinking you are a buff. Isnt a 1v1 good enough to give this a try? If nobody does up take a bomb or 2 along with you next time and start smashing things til somebody ups. Don't just pick them as they are low and slow give em a chance to get some alt and some E. If you are truely the hotshot you think you are what does a few thousand feet of air and some airspeed matter?
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2014, 11:06:11 AM »
I still don't think anyone ever reads what I write  :furious (sigh)
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 11:10:57 AM »
I still don't think anyone ever reads what I write  :furious (sigh)
I read it, you left a period off the end of your sentence.  :P
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2014, 04:17:09 PM »
I read it too. After I was done, I was unsure as to whether I'll do so again.

kidding...

It's like I say, though. Isn't anyone the least bit tickled that we've got here a thread chock full o' complaints about complainers and their complaints?
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2014, 04:29:02 PM »
As has been metioned before there is ALWAYS a fight to be found.  

As has been mentioned before that is often incorrect after about 2-3 am Eastern time.

Offline Gray

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2014, 04:54:54 PM »
Is it possible to get a character limit for non paying commenters? That way those interested in having polite dialog can come say hi and the non paying trolls can't spam the rest of us with their rubbish.

The number zero comes to mind....

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2014, 05:24:11 PM »
While I agree that the side change rule should be around 2-3 hours max, I also agree that there has been a substantial amount of complaining on the BBs. This game is ran a lot like the USA, because there are so many people who want one thing or a other, it makes it difficult to make major changes without disrupting another group of players view points. Change one thing and one group complains, change it again and another group complains. It's almost impossible to make a huge group of people who play the game differently all happy at once.

This game is not for everyone. And at a 15$ per month fee, that scares a lot of people away from the get go. But say there were 20,000 people who played this game. There would be a tremendous amount of complaints about hoarding and blah blah.

I think what people have a hard time grasping is that there are so many different ways and styles to to play this game that it tends to make others unhappy. For me it is when bombers kill FHrs at a furball and there is no attempt to take the base. However, this is a war simulator and bombing is part of the game. Taking bases is part of the game. Shutting down the enemy HQ is part of the game and strategy.

Personally I think the way this game is made is great. I've been playing for over 8-9 years and even though I think I'm pretty good, I always have a challenge when I jump into a furball. Sometimes you get ganged, sometimes you get 8 kills. Its always a challenge.

Personally, and I'm sorry if this offends some of you, but I don't think you are good enough to complain. I think most of you still need a couple of years before you can really grasp how to play right in this game and get kills every sortie. If you are complaining about HOing or running or F3 mode or the way people fly then you still have much to learn.Having said that, I still get mad when I put 60 bullets in a plane and they don't die.

When I first started they had H2H and it was free. That's what really attracted me to learn this game and meet some new players. I'd give anything for HTC to bring H2H back.

My biggest issue has been that 2 free weeks just isn't long enough for people to figure out this huge and complicated game. That is why only maybe 3 in 10 Will stick to the game after the trial is over.

I think there has been an over whelming amount of complaints. But when people cannot learn how to do something they complain. Instead of trying to be better they complain. You try one thing and another group complains.

Here's some advice. Ask players who are better than you to fly In their planes. Go to the DA and get your prettythang kicked 1v1. Ask good players to help you with ACM tricks. Or better yet, just wallow in the fact that you probably won't live every sortie and like I always do, go for as many kills as you can every single time. I had a 4 k\d last tour ranked 6th fighter and died 75% -80% of my sorties. Now I hate dying, but damn if I didn't have 4 or 5 kills to go down with.

I do.  :rofl

Well spoken!

Yet as long as hurt buttocks after a sortie need ventilation in written or spoken language all the good points above become meaningless.

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2014, 05:30:51 PM »
As has been mentioned before that is often incorrect after about 2-3 am Eastern time.
In my personal experiences it is correct, then again I don't mind having to fly more than 5 minutes to get into a fight.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2014, 05:33:16 PM »
In my personal experiences it is correct

So you fly at 3 am Eastern time enough time to gather some statistics and always find a fight?

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2014, 05:38:46 PM »
So you fly at 3 am Eastern time enough time to gather some statistics and always find a fight?
honestly not in a while, yet a few short months ago I could find a fight, yes sometimes I had to make that fight, but with a little effort it can be done. Look all I am saying is that yes people are entitled to ask questions, but spamming the boards and being obnoxious about it at this point in time is probably not the best way to handle it.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2014, 07:02:27 PM »
honestly not in a while, yet a few short months ago I could find a fight, yes sometimes I had to make that fight, but with a little effort it can be done. Look all I am saying is that yes people are entitled to ask questions, but spamming the boards and being obnoxious about it at this point in time is probably not the best way to handle it.

I don't think that being obnoxious about it is valuable either.  I wasn't arguing any issue at all of obnoxiousness -- that wasn't part of the post I was replying to or part of my reply.

What I'm discussing is that there are people dismissing discussion of far-off-peak characteristics, saying "you can always find a fight" when that statement is wrong if you include times after 2-3 am Eastern.  Maybe you can sometimes, but not always.  Maybe you did in the small number of times it happened to you, but you don't fly those times frequently enough to gather good statistics on it.  Or you flew from 2 am to 2:30 am but not at 3 am, or 4, or 5, when it would happen to you, too.  Far-off-peak flying just is very, very sparse compared to, say, 6 pm to 1 am Eastern.  There might be some ways to liven it up, though, if we don't dismiss it wrongly as being a nonexistent issue.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2014, 07:25:54 PM »
I don't think that being obnoxious about it is valuable either.  I wasn't arguing any issue at all of obnoxiousness -- that wasn't part of the post I was replying to or part of my reply.

What I'm discussing is that there are people dismissing discussion of far-off-peak characteristics, saying "you can always find a fight" when that statement is wrong if you include times after 2-3 am Eastern.  Maybe you can sometimes, but not always.  Maybe you did in the small number of times it happened to you, but you don't fly those times frequently enough to gather good statistics on it.  Or you flew from 2 am to 2:30 am but not at 3 am, or 4, or 5, when it would happen to you, too.  Far-off-peak flying just is very, very sparse compared to, say, 6 pm to 1 am Eastern.  There might be some ways to liven it up, though, if we don't dismiss it wrongly as being a nonexistent issue.
I said not in a while I have spent many a nights on past 4 am est, even been on when the early morning crew came on and things picked back up aain. Maybe I was lucky tho.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep