Author Topic: Competition  (Read 522 times)

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
Re: Competition
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 08:59:35 AM »
War Thunder, on Simulation mode, isn't cheesy.  It's actually excellent... except for one little thing... the one MASSIVE thing Aces High does well: Puts a TON of planes and tanks into one big arena.  No other game does this to any degree even close to Aces High.

What you are getting with Aces High that you don't get with other Sims:

1.  Every plane and vehicle in the set, right now.  (Sure some are perked online, in the MA, but you don't have to purchase them or spend months grinding to get to them)

2.  Active Customer Management.  You think channel 200 is bad?  F2P sims are orders of magnitude worse.

3.  No queuing.  Just get in and fly.

4.  Ranged communications.  Flew some WT last night, couldn't even give a team mate a check-six let alone speak with him based on proximity.  Just had to watch him die.

5.  Painstakingly high attention to detail with flight models/aircraft characteristics (ignore the B-239).  WT and WoW may look great, and they are getting there with the flight models, but nothing is even close to the FEEL that you get from Aces High.  This goes for both how planes fly as well as ballistics and damage modeling.  

6.  Damage Modeling.  Though I mentioned it above, it warrants its own little snippet... Aces High damage modeling is awesome compared to the competition (IL2 not withstanding).  In WT, a 7.7mm gun will put a hole in your wing the size of a Boston Bull Terrier with a single ping.  

7.  Aces High is an actual MMO.  No other flight sim since Warbirds/Air Warrior can even make that claim.  No other game is a persistent entity.  Regardless as to whether base taking is your thing or not, at least you can do it.

8.  While both communities contain their fair share of cesspool refuse, Aces High actually has people willing to help you.  This may be difficult for you to believe, but I promise you I am not lying when I say that War Thunders forums make the Aces High BBS look absolutely STELLAR by comparison.

9. Hand-built and managed Special Events and Scenarios.  If you've never experienced one of these, you're leaving the best part of your massive $15/mo investment on the table.

10.  Comprehensive statistics.  You can say stats don't matter, but live without them for awhile and you'll find yourself missing them.

11.  HTC -> Love them or hate them, you pick up a phone and dial and Skuzzy will answer and listen to whatever inane b/s or self-inflicted malware issue that prevents your 12 year old XP machine from running Aces.  Carrie Brooks will preemptively contact you regarding credit card issues, as well as immediately answer any questions or concerns you have.  HiTech himself will come down from Olympus and put you on notice for being a toejam disturber.  ENJOY this level of customer service, for you simply shall not find its like in this day and age.

12.  A damned fine balance between realism and fun that ANYONE can pick up but even after a decade and a half no-one has mastered.

I agree...I've been on aces high since 2008 and flying sims since 2001. I just posted because my friends are being tulips about it. I love the game and hate wt...I just thought of getting everyone else's opinion...that list ends all arguments
The M1 Garand is the greatest battle implement ever divised.
-General George S Patton JR