Author Topic: Any updates for the 30mm gun bug, HTC ?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
Any updates for the 30mm gun bug, HTC ?
« on: May 02, 2014, 06:21:00 AM »
Since last patch, the Mk108 has a bug, which makes it render visually hits, but game system doesnt
render the dmg inflicted. :uhoh

Many threads were created (for the 109K4, the Ta152 and the 262).

Any news about a fix ?  :)

Ty.

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
Re: Any updates for the 30mm gun bug, HTC ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 05:54:25 PM »
Today...200 out from B17s, EMPTIED  into one...plenty of cheesy puffs, not one iota of damage...no parts off. NADA. Something HAS to be done, very discouraging.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 12:21:05 PM »
We still have no films of these sorties.  Without films, there is little we can do about reviewing anything.

All our tests have not been able to show any issue.

Lucifer, you said you sent films, but we never got them.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 07:20:27 AM »
Right, as u know, i had an appartment robbery... Films were stolen too... :furious

Im gonna do new films today, especially for YOU !  :D

We still have no films of these sorties.  Without films, there is little we can do about reviewing anything.

All our tests have not been able to show any issue.

Lucifer, you said you sent films, but we never got them.

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 09:25:49 AM »
Appreciate it.

Sorry to hear about the robbery.  Glad you are okay.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 05:15:14 PM »
I have experienced the 30mm problems. Below is from my first flight this tour and the hit % is 0? Now I know I am a bad shot but not his bad!  :D There were definitely 30mm hits and MG hits (I fire all guns at once) on these 3 kills and they were not proxys. There was 1 rearm for this sortie.

Thought it might give HT a clue to what is happening. Could just be a scoring issue but have never seen this one before. I will try and stay in attack mode tonight and leave this on the score pages.   :cheers:

Forgot to say no film of this sortie.  :frown:

Fighter Scores
   Score      Rank  
Kills per Death + 1    3.00    145
Kills per Sortie    3.00    20
Kills per Hour of Flight    3.71    521
Kills Hit Percentage    0.00    1824
Kill Points    396.45    944

Late War Tour 172
Kills by Frodo in a
Bf 109K-4 by model type
Model Type    Kills    Percent
P-38J    1    33.333
Spitfire Mk VIII    1    33.333
Yak-3    1    33.333
     3 Kills    

Late War Tour 172
Kills by Frodo in a
Bf 109K-4 by player name
Player Name    Killed    Percent
xxxx     2    66.667
xxxx     1    33.333

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 11:22:36 PM »
I took a look into my films folder today and I still have this bug on film. Where do you want me to send it to Skuzzy? I have two films that I would like HTC to take a look at. One is the bug everyone is talking about where I hit a 109K4 with a 30mm, the explosion from the shell is very visable, and yet he flies off with no damage. The second film is where I hit a P-51 in the nose with a 30mm on a head on pass and I somehow knock off 1 of his horizontal stabilizer.

Where do you want me to send these to Skuzzy?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 06:47:31 AM »

Zip them if they are over 5MBytes in size.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 07:45:05 AM »
email sent.  :aok :salute

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 03:28:14 AM »
Film sent.

On a different note, if 2 ppl attack a b17, and the first spray 20x 0.303 bullets on airframe with no dmg on tgt, then someone aim well and shoot the same b17 30sec after with 3x30mm shells, he only got an assist (pita kill system flaw!), the "only render vidual" bug is really the "cherry on the cake" for 6 months+ now for the MK108 users...  :bhead

S!

Zip them if they are over 5MBytes in size.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:02:14 AM by Lucifer »

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 06:26:33 AM »
Film sent.

On a different note, if 2 ppl attack a b17, and the first spray 20x 0.303 bullets on airframe with no dmg on tgt, then someone aim well and shoot the same b17 30sec after with 3x30mm shells, he only got an assist (pita kill system flaw!), the "only render vidual" bug is really the "cherry on the cake" for 6 months+ now for the MK108 users...  :bhead

S!

Just because you do not see the damage does not mean the other player did not do the most damage, which is what causes an assist, instead of a kill.

Also, if you are only witnessing others, then you are not seeing everything, especially in the films.  As only a witness, there is no way for you to know who did the most damage to the plane.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 10:01:09 AM »
Agree, what i meant is that imho a good idea would be to award the kill to the guy who did a critical damage, like in other sims : if u make a plane smoke, if u neutralize an aileron, etc... but his engine is still working, it should be considered as -lightly/superficial-dmg, as the enemy plane still flies/his engine still works and can/could rtb, then when another pilot comes right after and do a critical dmg, ie wing off, engine blown, pilot killed, then the kill should be granted to the pilot who did the critical dmg... Just my 2 cts.  ;)

Just because you do not see the damage does not mean the other player did not do the most damage, which is what causes an assist, instead of a kill.

Also, if you are only witnessing others, then you are not seeing everything, especially in the films.  As only a witness, there is no way for you to know who did the most damage to the plane.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:04:19 AM by Lucifer »

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 10:15:39 AM »
The player awarded the kill is done so based on the amount of damage.  Whoever did the most damage is awarded the kill.  It is not a bug, but by design.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 06:41:11 AM »
OK, then it's like a dmg "gauge" on enemy plane i guess : if someone spray 150 0.303 and deal lets say 1000 dmg on airframe, and the b17 isnt pouring smoke, is flyin fine, then someone come with one 30mm hit on wing, blows it off, the plane falls, then the kill is awarded to the 0.303 guy : here is the problem and what i mean.

One dmg the plane, who still flies fine, the second comes and shoot it down, but has no kill.

The player awarded the kill is done so based on the amount of damage.  Whoever did the most damage is awarded the kill.  It is not a bug, but by design.

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 08:52:18 AM »
OK, then it's like a dmg "gauge" on enemy plane i guess : if someone spray 150 0.303 and deal lets say 1000 dmg on airframe, and the b17 isnt pouring smoke, is flyin fine, then someone come with one 30mm hit on wing, blows it off, the plane falls, then the kill is awarded to the 0.303 guy : here is the problem and what i mean.

One dmg the plane, who still flies fine, the second comes and shoot it down, but has no kill.

what if it were opposite? you put a bunch of 30mm into it and it still flew, and a guy came by and pinged it with 1 x 303 and set it on fire? you want the 303 guy to get the kill?
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.