Author Topic: M3 perk reward max  (Read 494 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
M3 perk reward max
« on: May 21, 2014, 10:53:10 AM »
As the title says, there is a maximum that an M3 can give you perk wise when resupping or capturing. Why is that, when a goon it's tied to the perk modifier like everything else?

Coalcat's recent thread reminded I wanted to ask this a long time ago...Would have asked there, but the rules...

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: M3 perk reward max
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 11:02:33 AM »
When the whole town supply thing started people were making dozens of perks just from supplying towns. They decided to limit it to something like 3 perks maximum. I honestly don't know why. When you take the time to resupply 100 objects at a field then I think you should be equally rewarded for it. If we're going to limit the number of perks you can make on a resupply why not balance it out by having a maximum limit on how many objects 1 supply box can fix? If there are 120 objects dead in a town, instead of being rewarded a messily 3 perks for supplying 120 objects why not make it so supply boxes can only supply a maximum of 30 objects at once? I'm not a gver or resupplyer guy so I don't know all the mechanics going in on this kind of stuff, I'm just throwing out my opinion.  :)

Also why is the Jeep eny only 40? It's only got 1 50 cal with very limited ammunition and 0 armor. Shouldn't we think about raising the eny back up to 60 again or make a few "special" rides have a higher eny than 40?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 11:12:09 AM »
M3 and C-47 are subject to the same restrictions. You get perks for each supplied object till the max number of objects has been reached (I don't have that number at hand at the moment). Which effectively caps your perk gain to 3.0 perks (+25% bonus for 'landing' your sortie).

It was indeed installed because the balance was way off. It's not good for a game revolving around combat if you can get much more perks for non combat (and for the most part no 'risk') activities than for engaging the enemy.

3.75 perks for a landed town resupply run still means an effective colossal 40+ perks per hour (most towns are only just 5 driving minutes away). A "ditched" strat supply run took me on average 8 minutes in the C-47 in the past 2 years (I keep flight logs), so that's still 22.5 perks/h without ANY risk (never lost a single goon that way).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 11:15:32 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 11:17:39 AM »
Ok, I guess I never paid attention the few times I've resupped a town, so good pointing that out.

So it's the captures that are significantly different, I've seen a goon capture show me ~13 perks once...
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 11:22:33 AM »
So it's the captures that are significantly different, I've seen a goon capture show me ~13 perks once...

Yes, they are like any other 'combat mission' and subject to the same basic rules for perk gain.
After all, running goons to an enemy base is a risky business for the most part. You fly unarmed into enemy airspace and are the priority target #1 for everyone over there...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman