Author Topic: Just Upgraded to Win 7  (Read 613 times)

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
Just Upgraded to Win 7
« on: May 27, 2014, 09:34:48 PM »
Greetings All,

Just upgraded to Win 7 - my CH files took a dump.

I have: CH Pedals, Throttle, Stick and Panel.

Pedals, Throttle and Stick work fine (in fact, AH now recognizes the last 8 buttons on the throttle :)  )  Alas, I have lost the use of the last 12 buttons on the CH panel.

Is this because I haven't removed the buttons from the DX file, or something else? - I have tried making them Keyboard emulators (sp), but the system doesn't seem to recognize buttons 14-25.

Thanks,

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Just Upgraded to Win 7
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 09:45:06 PM »
how old is your ch set up?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »
Semp,

Thanks, but let me think -

Got this computer about 10 years ago - Thrustmaster stuff wouldn't work with it (keyboard plug versus USB plug as I recall).  So, I'll say 9-10 years ago.

And yes, I have gone to the CH site and downloaded the most recent drivers 4.55 I think.

Regards,

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 10:31:25 PM »
did you install the ch software and just open it before logging into aces high to see what happens?  I had to do that with my x-52 throttle so some buttons would work.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 11:16:02 PM »
Semp,

I just checked the panel in the CH Control Panel.

I'll log it tomorrow and see if there is a difference.

Thanks,

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 05:56:49 AM »
Isn't there a different sequence to install in W7 than XP?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 10:23:25 AM »

That last question interests me as I plan on reformatting my HD and installing Win7 today.  Have Win8.1 on a laptop at work and on my wife's laptop; no thank you.
Anything I need to know before I start this endeavor today?  I think I will have to repartition my C drive a bit to give it more room for the operation system, but beyond that I'm not sure what I might be missing.
Anyone?

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 10:33:16 AM »
That last question interests me as I plan on reformatting my HD and installing Win7 today.  Have Win8.1 on a laptop at work and on my wife's laptop; no thank you.
Anything I need to know before I start this endeavor today?  I think I will have to repartition my C drive a bit to give it more room for the operation system, but beyond that I'm not sure what I might be missing.
Anyone?

If its your only computer at home make sure that you have at least network drivers saved to USB or something before you reformat so that you're not stuck without internet after reinstalling. Once you have network running then you can download and install the latest device drivers.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2014, 01:32:57 PM »
Greetings,

I used a program from Microsoft that saved my old file - Microsoft Office, photos, and other misc files (it even saved the Civ V games I had).  Other than trying to figure out why my CH Multi Panel lost 1/2 of the keys, the transition was pretty easy.

Not being born yesterday, I had also saved my files and drivers to a USB memory stick  :devil

Good luck with the upgrade.  Just one silly question, you have run the 'Will my computer support Win 7' program?  If not, I recommend it.

Regards,

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 02:52:06 PM »
Hey all,

Okay, just finished re-loading the Aces High associated CH File.  It appears that when I manually turn off DX mode for each key another key on the MFP becomes available.  I vaguely remember reading about a limit of 32 DX Mode Keys somewhere and (obviously with a stick, throttle, pedals and an MFP (w/25 keys)) I maxed out the DX mode capability.

While I will need to script in each of the MFP keys now, I should be able to get them to work.  I do have a couple of keys that are non-responsive, but hey, the board has been around a while and I may need to re-seat them.

Thanks all for the help.

Regards,