Author Topic: 30mm is buggy  (Read 12891 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
30mm is buggy
« on: May 31, 2014, 06:20:15 PM »
Hits doing no damage.
Hits not even registering.

I have attached a film in which I know I scored a hit on the right wing late on in the film.
I also had the bandit run through what I would say were 2 definate bullet hit paths.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: 30mm is buggy
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 07:28:10 PM »
How did none of those hit! He flew through your stream 6 or 7 times! I've seen buggy things with the 30mm before but nothing like this!  :O :bolt:

I remember the damage bug with the 30mm where it hits and does no damage. I sent a film of it into Skuzzy but I have never heard back if they go the film or are looking into it. Never seen a hit detention bug quite on the level of this film though!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 07:33:33 PM »
I've been saying it has been broken for ages. Watching it happen like that isn't a first or second time, it's been reasonably regular for me Vs fighters.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 06:16:25 AM »

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 09:41:54 AM »
I have had these problems even offline too.. hitting the circle drones and while doing staged missions. 

Will look in my library to see if I have any films of it happening while online, while I know for a fact I've experienced it while being online, I don't know if I was recording at the time.  :D
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 10:00:48 AM »
happens to me all the time... just because of this I dont use 30mm on my g14 any more...
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 03:25:29 PM »
I guess the question of the day is...WHY ISN'T HITECH ADDRESSING THIS? It frustrates the heck out of me, too.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 07:02:19 PM »
They are working on it.

I guess the question of the day is...WHY ISN'T HITECH ADDRESSING THIS? It frustrates the heck out of me, too.

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 01:21:00 AM »
our squad went thru fso a couple of months ago and we went thru a bunch of Lancaster with 30mm like if they were tin cans.  check the logs we ended up with top kills.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 01:59:54 PM »
Oh ok : then problem solved...  :rolleyes:

There IS a bug oviously (tons of films that prove it), and obviously the bug doesnt show up for EVERY shell fired...

our squad went thru fso a couple of months ago and we went thru a bunch of Lancaster with 30mm like if they were tin cans.  check the logs we ended up with top kills.

semp

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline TheCrazyOrange

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 02:20:48 PM »
Doesn't even seem to show up for everyone, yet alone every shell.

I haven't noticed a thing, although I admit I'm  not a super heavy user of the 30mm. But then there's people that claim it's unusable.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 08:33:56 PM »
I slammed a B17 and did no damage to him despite 7-10 30mm hits along the same part of the wing.

My route changed recently so that could be it but still there has been no fix for the film I posted.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 09:37:28 PM »
Oh ok : then problem solved...  :rolleyes:

There IS a bug oviously (tons of films that prove it), and obviously the bug doesnt show up for EVERY shell fired...

tons of film but not many sent to support.  this "bug" and I dont doubt what you are saying, is been around since I joined several years ago.  I dont doubt what you  are saying however every time I have used the 30mm and hit it causes damage.  and every time I get hit by it dang plane falls apart.

semp

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 07:31:27 AM »
HTC got many films from different players. I, for my part, sent em several.

Others sent em also several films.
I got 10+ more films with bug inside to send HTC if they need more (atm they seem to have enough, which means the bug is confirmed and HTC support doesnt need more proofs :rock).

tons of film but not many sent to support.  this "bug" and I dont doubt what you are saying, is been around since I joined several years ago.  I dont doubt what you  are saying however every time I have used the 30mm and hit it causes damage.  and every time I get hit by it dang plane falls apart.

semp

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 06:08:58 PM »
HTC got many films from different players. I, for my part, sent em several.

Others sent em also several films.
I got 10+ more films with bug inside to send HTC if they need more (atm they seem to have enough, which means the bug is confirmed and HTC support doesnt need more proofs :rock).

last I played a 30 took out right landing gear on my pony from 1k out.   The saw on 200 about a clear hit with no damage.  Go figure.

semp