Author Topic: New to Windows 8 and would like to streamline processes  (Read 451 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
New to Windows 8 and would like to streamline processes
« on: June 03, 2014, 06:42:44 PM »
There are real nice tools for keeping my system running nicely in Windows 8.  However, without knowing what it might do, I prefer to ask if anyone sees anything that I should pay attention to in my image from process explorer. 

Thank you for viewing and any comment that you feel will be helpful.   :salute ChiLLi

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: New to Windows 8 and would like to streamline processes
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 09:26:45 PM »
First choice would be to go back to Win7   :D

If thats not an option, Black Viper did a work up on Win8 too.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 12:19:46 PM »
BlackViper.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 01:00:01 PM »
There are real nice tools for keeping my system running nicely in Windows 8.  However, without knowing what it might do, I prefer to ask if anyone sees anything that I should pay attention to in my image from process explorer. 

Thank you for viewing and any comment that you feel will be helpful.   :salute ChiLLi

My advice is do not mess with it. It's more than likely you'll do more damage than anything else. Windows 7 and 8 have several services which are inter tied together. For example if you disable the 'power' service which seemingly you don't need in a desktop computer that's running games - you'll lose networking as an added bonus.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 05:02:09 PM »
Definitely not trying to harm anything and I did bookmark the Black Viper link, thank you all much.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 09:52:27 PM »
chilli there's some processes that you can kill like the fax.  blackviper pretty much gives you a lot of info.  just dont get stuck on lowering the number of processes to like 1 like some guys do.  I believe win7 runs pretty smooth with around 40 or so processes.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.