Author Topic: Advertising on SimHQ  (Read 5158 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Advertising on SimHQ
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 03:25:44 PM »
After looking around SimHQ's forums. It seems management there is a tad partisan about what games it covers. And the games it covers seem to have relationships with SimHQ. So is it we the community of AH are too insular, or is it Mr. Hitech didn't kiss the correct tushys at SimHQ to foster Industry solidarity amongst insular partisans?

Probably a little of both, I think both companies (HTC and SimHQ) don't have unlimited resources and must consider carefully where and how much of their limited resources they should invest into anything.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 03:29:51 PM »
After looking around SimHQ's forums. It seems management there is a tad partisan about what games it covers. And the games it covers seem to have relationships with SimHQ. So is it we the community of AH are too insular, or is it Mr. Hitech didn't kiss the correct tushys at SimHQ to foster Industry solidarity amongst insular partisans?

I can't comment on HiTech's relationship with SimHQ.  All I can comment on is what I stated:  Based on various conversations I've had with other forum members the consensus seemed to be what I stated, which I found odd.  I can say I've brought up AH a dozen or so times over the years to various members trying to get them to try the game with no real luck....which is a shame.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 04:16:28 PM »

It wasn't like that in the early days, there was a good relationship with SimHQ and AH. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 04:55:49 PM »
It wasn't like that in the early days, there was a good relationship with SimHQ and AH.  

ack-ack
you're right ack-ack,  at one time it was quite close but with the dot.bomb effects, the relationship has been quiet if anything.  Seems that SimHQ is a big fan base for DCS series and IL2 fans.  With the decline of combat flight simulation as a gaming genre we have little choice lately in the area of new simulators.  Especially the higher fidelity modelled sims.  And activity at SIMHQ is nowhere near what it was late 1999/early 2000.

But we still have each other. (For what it's worth)  :lol
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 04:59:10 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 05:08:32 PM »
When you are being passively ignored and your industry is not actively painting you to potential communities of new customers. It leaves room to suddenly throw a game changer and gain eyes on your offering. Aside from WT and IL2 player forums. The world is not actively creating any image good or bad of Aces High after a few years ago other than the recent bit at SimHQ.

I'm really looking forward to the new AH offering. I've worn out the 2 week button on my alarm clock... :)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 06:32:24 PM »
 A realistic combat flight sim is a niche within a niche. Games like these will never be popular to the masses, and chances are people who visit sim HQ already know about aces high.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 07:33:34 PM »
The game itself is not what I saw criticized at SimHQ. The moderation of bbs/200 is.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2014, 08:24:00 AM »
The moderation of 200 and the BBS did come up during the conversations I've had as well, more so in recent years than when I first started.  That said, there are members of the SimHQ community who criticized the game itself (e.g. not having a accurate flight model, etc). 

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 08:33:03 AM »
There will always be those who want to take a cheap shot at any given company.  

It is easy to talk behind the backs of others.  They do not have to prove anything as there will always be a following of those who want to believe all that nonsense.

People who believe they should be able to say anything, with impunity are never going to like posting here.  People who believe they are owed something will not be happy campers either.

It is the nature of being in the public eye for as long as we have been.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:39:00 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 11:03:02 AM »
Oh I just had a laugh. Here's why.

Sometimes I joke that the average AH player buys his clothes from Cabelas, does not have a facebook page, and probably wears a John Deere hat.

So I go to SimHQ forums, and what do I see at the top of the forum page? An add banner for John Deere.  :rofl
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »
I felt it necessary to challenge the DCS 51 pile it to a 1 v 1.  We need to teach them properly before they come over. :aok

We will see if they have shrinkage over there
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2014, 01:29:40 PM »
Ah yes.  That will certainly attract and encourage people to join the game.  :rolleyes:

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 01:48:36 PM »
Oh I just had a laugh. Here's why.

Sometimes I joke that the average AH player buys his clothes from Cabelas, does not have a facebook page, and probably wears a John Deere hat.

So I go to SimHQ forums, and what do I see at the top of the forum page? An add banner for John Deere.  :rofl

Probably because Googlebot saw your remark and profiled that ad there. Internet is mysterious...
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 05:10:11 PM »
Lot of new names in game :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 05:23:46 PM »

"SimHQ doesn't like exactly what I think they should like so clearly they are biased against Aces High."

You'll say anything to try and blame the problems with Aces High on anybody and anything but HTC.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:26:17 PM by ReVo »
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'