Author Topic: Weak peeps..  (Read 9035 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Weak peeps..
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2014, 11:23:59 AM »
Agreed that there are many things that other peeps do that is frustrating to others  :furious however, it is their $14.95  :devil to do as they wish within the parameters of the game :headscratch: . I think that it should be put in that if you bail and are within icon range period and not just within 2k, a proxy should be awarded :banana: .

why should someone be awarded a proxy kill, I mean who would want a cowards bail to count as a kill.
 now I can see if you put a bunch of lead in him and then he bails that's just considered a kill, but seriously who really wants a proxy kill  :uhoh I mean if you need a kill that bad. :D
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2014, 11:30:29 AM »
I cant help but bail... the thought of fighting it out with a bad guy makes me pee myself. :frown:

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2014, 12:00:37 PM »
Lately I have been flying my fighter up to bombers and bailing.  HA HA, beat you to the punch!  :x
:rofl

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2014, 12:09:09 PM »
I cant help but bail... the thought of fighting it out with a bad guy makes me pee myself. :frown:

Depends...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2014, 12:10:41 PM »
this upsets me only when people other than muppets bail out.

why didnt you ask for it to be fixed when your own glorious muppet squadie choose to bail out a billion times in a row.  where was your indignation then?  :bolt:

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2014, 04:19:33 PM »
why didnt you ask for it to be fixed when your own glorious muppet squadie choose to bail out a billion times in a row.  where was your indignation then?  :bolt:

semp

In my PM to him announcing what a tool I thought he was for doing it.  Thanks.  What else you got?  My guess?  not much
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2014, 10:38:28 PM »
Lately I have been flying my fighter up to bombers and bailing.  HA HA, beat you to the punch!  :x

:rofl
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2014, 12:51:33 AM »
Is that a new squad SOP? I must have missed the memo will commence bail first operations henceforth.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2014, 11:29:24 AM »
Don't see it much... Last night, I killed a fairly brave and skilled dude who upped twice to (get this) dogfight my easy mode Spit XVI (with scowls cast at those who fly nothing else) with his Pony. I almost didn't want to kill him. Salute goes to Taters... he flies the Pony well. Next tour, if I see him, I'll be back in a tougher ride. Still, I call that balls.

Generally, lately, I'm seeing good fights. THe furballs get a little annoying but I haven't seen a bail in quite a while.

BTW, Schen can kill the Spixteen from his KI and make me look foolish... but generally, the former deserves a perk.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2014, 02:21:35 PM »
Is that a new squad SOP? I must have missed the memo will commence bail first operations henceforth.
As soon as you get icon on those buffs BAIL OUT!  Then tell them they were pawnt on channel 200. :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2014, 10:09:14 AM »
As soon as you get icon on those buffs BAIL OUT!  Then tell them they were pawnt on channel 200. :D
WHO SAYS pawt its pwned as in this awesome old video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVCylMVMTiI&feature=kp

nsfw AND IS LOUD
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:11:43 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2014, 10:26:06 AM »
WHO SAYS pawt its pwned as in this awesome old video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVCylMVMTiI&feature=kp

nsfw AND IS LOUD

Past tense silly. ;)
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2014, 11:03:53 PM »
why should someone be awarded a proxy kill, I mean who would want a cowards bail to count as a kill.
 now I can see if you put a bunch of lead in him and then he bails that's just considered a kill, but seriously who really wants a proxy kill  :uhoh I mean if you need a kill that bad. :D

last week, I climbed up to Rook bombers at 25k on 5 separate occasions, only to have them bail as soon as I got within 2k. I was pretty disappointed after reviewing film to learn that 3 of those 5 were veteran players.  WHY should I be awarded proxy kills ?  because I spent my time climbing up to them, and interrupting their objective. and I deserve to get my name in lights and proceed to call them out on 200 for being dweebs.

The "bomb & bail" thing is probably generational. These are most likely the same instant gratification kids who play combat FPS's where you res, run back into the fight to kill the guy who last killed you, and then get killed yourself. 15 seconds max, then lather, rinse, repeat. These are the same guys who die at a camped spawn 30 times in a row. It pretty much describes their mind set,  but they're also the age demographic that HTC needs to court to stay in business.

I disagree.  This demographic comes and goes. they find a new game every month.  The demographic HTC needs to court is the more mature crowd. The ones who want to immerse themselves in the game, Learn the planes, Learn ACM, THESE are the folks that have been around, and will stay around. it's their  $15 a month that has kept HTC in business year after year.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2014, 10:19:23 AM »

I disagree.  This demographic comes and goes. they find a new game every month.  The demographic HTC needs to court is the more mature crowd. The ones who want to immerse themselves in the game, Learn the planes, Learn ACM, THESE are the folks that have been around, and will stay around. it's their  $15 a month that has kept HTC in business year after year.

In essence I agree with you, but unfortunately the "instant gratification" crowd is growing daily, while the number of us who actually appreciate the time consuming challenge of learning ACM, not to mention the historical context of the game, is shrinking. Many of us loved these old planes long before AH came along. That's why we were instantly hooked. But we're getting a little "long in the tooth", and newer potential players don't share our enthusiasm.  It's not our fault, it's not HTC's fault, it's nature's fault.  HTC has to go where the money is to stay afloat. I just hope the game doesn't lose it's soul in the process.  
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2014, 10:44:21 AM »
In essence I agree with you, but unfortunately the "instant gratification" crowd is growing daily, while the number of us who actually appreciate the time consuming challenge of learning ACM, not to mention the historical context of the game, is shrinking. Many of us loved these old planes long before AH came along. That's why we were instantly hooked. But we're getting a little "long in the tooth", and newer potential players don't share our enthusiasm.  It's not our fault, it's not HTC's fault, it's nature's fault.  HTC has to go where the money is to stay afloat. I just hope the game doesn't lose it's soul in the process.  

QFT
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.