Author Topic: Bombardier issue  (Read 943 times)

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
Re: Bombardier issue
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 04:48:16 PM »
"a bomber should never have to simulate having all 10 positions manned at the same time.  remember there's only 1 guy flying it.  and you already have an option of defending yourself while having the bombs fall.  bring a gunner."

When one is flying a bomber one is simulating a crew of ten.  If I jump to gunner, the auto pilot keeps working.  Same if I go from pilot to bombardier.

My point is that I do a salvo 12, delay .56 and press the bomb release.  Bombs start dropping.  Now I need to jump to gunner for defense.  Bombs stop dropping.  Auto pilot is still working.  I think the bombs should keep dropping per my salvo and delay setting.  I am trying to simulate carpet bombing, like in the real deal.

2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 09:30:29 PM »
"a bomber should never have to simulate having all 10 positions manned at the same time.  remember there's only 1 guy flying it.  and you already have an option of defending yourself while having the bombs fall.  bring a gunner."

When one is flying a bomber one is simulating a crew of ten.  If I jump to gunner, the auto pilot keeps working.  Same if I go from pilot to bombardier.

My point is that I do a salvo 12, delay .56 and press the bomb release.  Bombs start dropping.  Now I need to jump to gunner for defense.  Bombs stop dropping.  Auto pilot is still working.  I think the bombs should keep dropping per my salvo and delay setting.  I am trying to simulate carpet bombing, like in the real deal.

the auto pilot doesnt need a pilot sitting there looking out the window.  and we arent simulating war in here.  it's a game.  that's why you can drop bombs while upside down in a bomber or basically pointing your nose straight down.  in the real war they couldnt do that.

also in in real life targets that were heavily defended by ack, like out strats, fighters would not follow you into it as they would risk getting killed.  so basically the gunners would be sitting praying that ack wouldnt hit them instead of being worried about enemy fighters.

and it would be a rainy day in hell if you took 3 bombers of any kind over a german city and expect to make it to the target and back.  I dont think you would even make it feet dry.  unless of course you are talking about the last months of the war.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 12:54:36 PM »
"and we arent simulating war in here.  it's a game. "

Hmmmmm...

"Aces High takes the art and science of vintage WW1 and WW2 air combat and sets it in a high intensity online multiplayer environment.  Hundreds of players simultaneously battle it out against each other in massive aerial dogfights and bomber raids. 

High fidelity flight simulation is the heart of Aces High but it doesn't end there.  A war rages on the ground and at sea."

Not according to the Aces High home page.  My main point is that I am simulating a crew of ten, when I release bombs with a salvo of all with a delay and then jump to gunner for defense the bombs should keep falling.

Nuff said.
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 06:55:07 PM »
I guess we can both agree we disagree. we both said all we have to say :salute.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.