Author Topic: July '14 Date  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
July '14 Date
« on: July 04, 2014, 04:52:05 AM »
Friday Koth will be held on July 11th at 5pm EST - 10pm BST - 11pm CET, in the Special Events II arena. 

Please ensure that you show up on time!

For more information about KOTH Click here.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: July '14 Date
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 06:31:36 PM »
Friday Koth will be held on July 11th at 5pm EST - 10pm BST - 11pm CET, in the Special Events II arena. 

Please ensure that you show up on time!

For more information about KOTH Click here.

Thank you very much, Bruv!

it is truly appreciated, Sir   :salute  &  :cheers:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 06:55:10 PM »
Very grateful to Bruv for picking up the KOTH effort, and bringing some new energy into the event.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 08:14:34 PM »
Do you need to register or can you just show up?
See Rule #4

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 09:55:31 PM »
Do you need to register or can you just show up?

The KOTH events are open to anyone

EuroKOTH ( aka FriKOTH @ 5PM EST ) is held during this time slot so that those who fly over in the European, Asian, Russian, etc areas of the world have a chance to qualify for the KOTH TOC by winning a monthly KOTH event.............. as well as have a time slot that is more fitting for them so they can attend this event and participate

The event normally gets underway right around the 5:00PM EST to 5:10PM EST time when the Hosting KOTH CM starts to go over the KOTH Event Rules...

People can show up early, say like 30 minutes or 20 minutes early and get some free for all practice in before the KOTH CM starts reading the rules.....

I strongly encourage and recommend that all new to this event, to read the Arena Message ( MOTD = Message Of The Day ): here you will find all the rules that the KOTH CM will be going over before the KOTH CM starts the event by announcing planes enabled/runways open, Roll-Roll-Roll!

Everything I typed above in regards as to how the Hosting KOTH CM goes about reading the rules and starting the opening round ( Round 1 ) of the Monthly KOTH event for this coming Friday's EuroKOTH ( FriKOTH ) for July 11th 5:00PM EST, Also applies exactly the same for the alternating months that the USKOTH ( SatKOTH ) events will be held, which are on Saturday Evenings at 8:00 PM EST.........

It does not matter where you live at in the world, if you live in the UK  but want to fly in the USKOTH ( SatKOTH ) you are allowed, if you live in the US and want to participate in the EuroKOTH ( FriKOTH ) you are allowed.....

Just be polite, do not chat / text on certain channels as required by the rules while the event is going on ( event meaning during a Round )

Be respectful and Polite to the Hosting KOTH CM, do not interrupt them while they are going over and explaining the rules! The KOTH CM will give anyone and everyone a chance to go over or ask questions regarding any KOTH related stuff that the participant might not fully understand.

I encourage for everyone that loves to participate in KOTH to try and bring at least one new or existing AH player to KOTH

I am pretty sure that Bruv and ROC as well as the CM Staff Team are working deligently to get "KOTH" back to where it is hosting 2 events a month, both the Euro / Fri KOTH &  the US  / Sat KOTH....... I have full faith in them to bring KOTH back to its regular schedule, as it has always been for the most part...

Thank you sincerely to fuzeman for carrying the torch of KOTH and keeping it lit for more than 10 years........ Thanks also to Betty for stepping up and helping the KOTH Event out as well as E1Diablo for stepping up and helping keep KOTH going......

<S> Everyone!

now come have an absolute blast Friday July 11th  5 PM EST............ and bring some friends.....  Some of the best fun and most intense fights I have had in all my years here in Aces High, have came from the KOTH event!

TC   ( Johnny )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 11:46:41 AM »
<snip>Thank you sincerely to fuzeman for carrying the torch of KOTH and keeping it lit for more than 10 years........ <snip>
TC   ( Johnny )

Thanks TC.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 11:29:14 AM »
Thanks TC.

Not a problem, fuzeman! Most of us know what all you have done from being a Trainer to taking over KOTH....... am surprised to see , well never mind.....

I did forget during that last post to Thank Stick of the 327th ( The creator of KOTH back in Air Warrior ) for giving AH permission to use it here, and to Thank Big Max and Gremlin, the first 2 original Hosts, Then WMLute and you, then AKDogg and you........

my apologies for leaving out the history , my bad!

edit: Sure do miss those days of KOTH when Skuzzy, SuperFly and Natedog would come and participate with us in the KOTH events, most times though they would come to the FriKOTH  Euro event....... what a blast those days were! sure would like to see them pop back in from time to time!

Cheers

TC ( Johnny )
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:35:37 AM by TequilaChaser »