Author Topic: How you do you guys normally fly..  (Read 1596 times)

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
Re: How you do you guys normally fly..
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2014, 04:09:16 PM »
well that was pleasant lol..  yea stay away from those situations..
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:12:31 PM by craz07 »
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2014, 04:11:28 PM »
This is a fairly normal run in the MA for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hipxYMAgYGQ

You would have a much higher K/S if it was so, no.  The last part of the film did look normal though.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2014, 04:14:59 PM »
You would have a much higher K/S if it was so, no.  The last part of the film did look normal though.

K/S doesn't measure how many kills you get per active sortie, it measures how many kills you get every time you bring your aircraft out on the runway. If you think a sortie is defined as jumping in a cockpit or simply getting onto the tarmac, you've never spent any time in or around actual military aircraft. Last night alone, I tabbed back and forth from the tower to the runway like 12 times while we changed aircraft and airfields... in the period of about 4 minutes. That alone reduced K/S significantly, but those are stupid metrics to weigh to begin with. I tab in and out all of time without regard to it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:19:14 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2014, 04:35:51 PM »
You currently boast an 7 to 1 k/d ratio, almost all of your kills being in the Fw-190D9 or Ta-152. OTOH, your kills per hour is 2.02. Two. Kills. Per. HOUR. Skyyr is walking around with a k/d of only 2.45, but he's averaging 8.53 kills per hour.

I dunno precisely what you are implying here, but if it is timidity on Skyyr's part, well statistics indicate that such a charge amounts to the pot calling the *silverware* black, if I may put an new spin on the old cliche.  Keep on surviving Zoney :salute
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:38:38 PM by Iamtheknight »
The Damned BAT in the AH Belfry

"You don't have any special powers"
"Oh I have one...I NEVER give up"-The Batman

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2014, 04:43:04 PM »
My advice would be lay-off the mud guys.. and when they eventually pop up to come back for you.. then you should engage.. hopefully, it all works out for you.. Just have fun doing what you do man, good luck..

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2014, 04:43:29 PM »
This is a fairly normal run in the MA for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hipxYMAgYGQ
It was actually a nice run and good teamwork until you got overwhelmed...and you didn't turn your engine off even once.... :old:
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 05:44:54 PM »
You currently boast an 7 to 1 k/d ratio, almost all of your kills being in the Fw-190D9 or Ta-152. OTOH, your kills per hour is 2.02. Two. Kills. Per. HOUR. Skyyr is walking around with a k/d of only 2.45, but he's averaging 8.53 kills per hour.

I dunno precisely what you are implying here, but if it is timidity on Skyyr's part, well statistics indicate that such a charge amounts to the pot calling the *silverware* black, if I may put an new spin on the old cliche.  Keep on surviving Zoney :salute

I'm not implying anything.  I'm stating flat out that the film is not a normal sortie because he gets no where near that many kills in a sortie, normally.  Luckily the explanation was forthcoming as to why his K/S is low, it's because he gets in and out of his plane several times before rolling down the runway.  I would never imply that was a prevarication, I would just flat out call that BS.

I'm also very aware of how I fly and how it is scored.  I am never in a hurry to get a kill, most of the time, I'm afk doing chores during climbout.  I have no illusions about how I fly, nor do I need a squaddy to defend how I fly.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 05:51:33 PM »
You know what, I've said too much.  I won't edit my last post because that would be disingenious but I do apologize for it as I believe I've reflected poorly upon the fine squad I am allowed to fly with and the standards of sportsmanship they all adhere to.  I shall endeavor to limit communications between myself and members of The Damned forward.

<S>
Wag more, bark less.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2014, 06:11:32 PM »
nice..wag more bark less  <S>
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2014, 07:03:21 PM »

Maybe Zoney's a sadist, getting off on the slow deaths of his victims (he does fly for the dark side after all) while Skyyr's a more humanitarian quick kill guy.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2014, 08:11:48 PM »
In full confidence, because in a combat scenario to have 100% confidence is to have a belief you will win, then when you lose you learn and believe you now know enough to win 100% of the time, rince and repeat :cheers:

Maybe next flight will be my 100% that perfect flight, re arm and a repeat those 6 and 7 kill sorties with no damage, you wanna go out again but ur like this is my flight and you land. That's how I play. There is no one I cant beat once I try enough.
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2014, 08:38:21 PM »
Maybe Zoney's a sadist, getting off on the slow deaths of his victims (he does fly for the dark side after all) while Skyyr's a more humanitarian quick kill guy.

Or it could be just really, really bad shooting.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Online LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2014, 10:47:24 PM »
I fly VFR. My 66 year old Cessna isn't set up for IFR work.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2014, 02:11:25 PM »
Want to know what irks me..? Why does this video made to show Aces High updates from 5 years ago appear better than the current state of AH.. boggles the mind.. 
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UR9MvyoBig

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2014, 03:14:33 PM »
En Masse.

Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"