Author Topic: What.....  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
What.....
« on: July 14, 2014, 10:07:07 PM »
Kind of laptop would you guys recommend that would run this game very well, for a cost under $600? :headscratch:

And by running well I mean able to use higher graphics setting and run at least 40 FPS all, if not, most of the time.

If you know of one really well, but it is over $600 please mention it.... under $600 is just my preference. :old:

P.S

Do not bring up anything about desktops please. I know they're best to use but I'm not able to look into one of those. :old:

:salute
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: What.....
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:22:34 PM »
Kind of laptop would you guys recommend that would run this game very well, for a cost under $600? :headscratch:

And by running well I mean able to use higher graphics setting and run at least 40 FPS all, if not, most of the time.

If you know of one really well, but it is over $600 please mention it.... under $600 is just my preference. :old:

P.S

Do not bring up anything about desktops please. I know they're best to use but I'm not able to look into one of those. :old:

:salute

Granted it doesn't run high-end graphics... And to most it looks shoddy... But I like my Toshiba Satellite L875D-S7332... It can run detailed terrain and water, but I don't use either of them just to ensure my frame rate stays at 60...

Got mine for $410
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 11:29:11 PM »
My Dell laptop runs the game 50 FPS with Max Graphics.

It is a Dell Vostro, not sure how much it cost but it is the cheapest of all three of my laptops.
Top Gun

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 11:45:10 PM »
What's sad, my desktop can't do even 30 at max graphics.  Running 8 Gigs of Patriot with 2 5770's I might add.  AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 at 3.40 GHz.

Turn on ANY AA, I'm lucky to get 10 regardless of graphic settings. :cry

Aces High HATES ATI. :cry
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 12:09:53 AM »
I had an Acer that ran this game well, I put 8Gigs of ram in it and it had a quad core AMD processor, and a pretty decent Video card for a laptop all for around 650$. Unfortunaely after an incident involving the Dog I'm now stuck with a Toshiba similar to Krabby's.

When you go an buy a new PC, try not to get suckered into Protection plans and BS software. Get the Machine only and load Microsoft security essentials a free anti virus. If you need a word processing program like Microsoft Office, Google actually has a free Program that is identical.

STAY AWAY FROM HP! get a dell or Acer/Emachine/Gateway.
if you want, you could cough up some more cash for a good ASUS.

I just remembered you PMed me. I'll get back to you in an email.
See Rule #4

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 12:25:55 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys! :aok
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline f35raptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 03:03:58 AM »
Just saying I picked up my pc for right around 600. I know I've got to upgrade video card. Came with 1 tb hard and I think 6 or 7 gigs of ram. It's an asus just sayin. Also I've tried lab tops never had any luck. 

Tiger direct normally has some pretty good deals on lab tops and pcs.

Good luck.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 06:45:02 AM »
Lenovo has some interesting models for a decent price. Worth checking those!
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 06:50:00 AM »

I'd strongly suggest you look for a laptop with a dedicated video card. That might push the cost over $600 but you'll get much better range of performance. Also, onboard cooling fans are recommended though a cooling pad might suffice. ASUS makes high end laptops that while more than you want to spend, will be money well spent. Mine is a G73J --- a Best Buy proprietary model that was just under $1K

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 08:15:58 AM »
  --- a Best Buy proprietary model that was just under $1K

Good choice Max......
<--- Best Buy sales guy

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 08:57:57 AM »

<--- Best Buy sales guy

Blue's a nice color on you  :neener:

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 11:18:35 AM »
I run the game on a Lenovo Ideapad (s400 touch).  I use it with wifi and detailed terrain/water, and routinely get 60fps about 85% of the time.  If it's a giant furball, it sometimes fluctuates between 45ish and 61 fps.  I also have it "optimized" for gaming, which anyone can do by fiddling with the settings.

I got my laptop for about 450, at best buy.

<S>
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:21:25 AM by Rogue9Volt »
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 11:27:07 AM »
 :rofl I'm a desktop guy.

I have been building for years and may have one I can rework down to a $600.00 pricetag if you are interested in that. PM if you would like me to start a spec sheet on the build.
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 10:07:44 AM »
Are you people saying that laptops are going to work with ah?
I am quite ignorant in computer specs... but all i have ever read here was that laptops wouldn't be able to handle the graphics.

I need to get a new laptop within the next few months for a new venture I am involved in.
Buying one that would allow me to once again become fodder for the AH community would be an added benefit... sadly I think like that with my formerly once unbelievably good at ah skill set...funny how memories are better every day ... As I recall, i was quite dominant...
anyway

xbrit - (by the way - your area underwater from all this rain? We have had our neighborhoods here in the South burbs of Chicago flooded several times this year )
I am looking at best buy products - less than 700.00   to 1000.00
- what laptops will I be able to play ah with for say 2 years? without needing an upgrade - best guestimate here I know.

Appreciate the help

NwBie

Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."