Author Topic: Fester Map  (Read 6628 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Fester Map
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2014, 02:57:16 PM »
Should be interesting.  looking forward to the map.

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 08:39:35 PM »
It is in the rotation. 

Comes up after 'smpizza', which is after 'tagma'.

Great news, Skuzzy :aok

Offline Mitchell

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2014, 08:55:29 PM »
 :banana:

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2014, 10:29:40 PM »
Isn't tagma the map that was up today?
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Hetzer7

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2014, 01:13:58 PM »
It is in the rotation. 

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2014, 03:32:25 PM »
It is in the rotation. 

I always like new stuff.  Thank you HTC!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2014, 05:34:18 PM »
Thanks HTC.

At least there are no canyons for Waystin to lead the whole squad into the wall of DOOOMMMMM........ :D
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2014, 11:46:57 PM »
IT's UP !!!!!

Having a ball right now!!  gotta go  :bolt:

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2014, 12:05:57 AM »
OMG, play it 24/7!!!
See Rule #4

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2014, 01:52:41 AM »
It's very dangerous to form an opinion of a map, or any change in the game for that matter, until one has used it for a couple of weeks.  However, I am at a bit of a loss re understanding the philosophy of the "tank town" in the center.  I really can't see what tanks are supposed to do there.  There is no town.. just a lake to sink in.  There are no vehicle bases to capture (they are all uncapturable) and they are a long drive around the central lake.  And the single (in this evenings case enemy to me) airfield in the center leads me to believe this isn't really a tank "town" per se, but actually a bomb-griefer "town".  And that is what happened- a bunch of planes bombing tanks with the tanks having pretty much nothing to do except get bombed.  If the goal is to try to capture the central airfield the defenders in tanks can just sit with perk tanks on the rearm pads and pick enemy off at long range with impunity, while players in planes can bomb enemy tanks (also pretty much with impunity as there is no air cover present because there is only a single airfield).  It seems extremely asymmetrical.

Clearly I am missing something.  Can somebody instruct me on how this is supposed to work please?

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2014, 02:13:56 AM »
Sorry 715,

I won't form an opinion about your post either, bro  :salute

It does seem that you have missed the point, though.  Some of us have been playing the same game for a decade.  Time to throw off those shackles and try something new. 

Isn't it awesome when something new is mixed with something old?  :rock

:old:  <-- me

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2014, 04:05:39 AM »
It's very dangerous to form an opinion of a map, or any change in the game for that matter, until one has used it for a couple of weeks.  However, I am at a bit of a loss re understanding the philosophy of the "tank town" in the center.  I really can't see what tanks are supposed to do there.  There is no town.. just a lake to sink in.  There are no vehicle bases to capture (they are all uncapturable) and they are a long drive around the central lake.  And the single (in this evenings case enemy to me) airfield in the center leads me to believe this isn't really a tank "town" per se, but actually a bomb-griefer "town".  And that is what happened- a bunch of planes bombing tanks with the tanks having pretty much nothing to do except get bombed.  If the goal is to try to capture the central airfield the defenders in tanks can just sit with perk tanks on the rearm pads and pick enemy off at long range with impunity, while players in planes can bomb enemy tanks (also pretty much with impunity as there is no air cover present because there is only a single airfield).  It seems extremely asymmetrical.

Clearly I am missing something.  Can somebody instruct me on how this is supposed to work please?
we fixed that 715..we (bish)took 21 ..for now..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:13:34 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2014, 12:30:30 PM »
scott don't you bish and rooks win the fester map yet--i haven't seen it yet---not until i get home for lunch--01:15--1:30 pm--cdt-7-30-14---pleaseeeeese
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2014, 01:31:57 PM »
scott don't you bish and rooks win the fester map yet--i haven't seen it yet---not until i get home for lunch--01:15--1:30 pm--cdt-7-30-14---pleaseeeeese
NOBODY BETTER WIN THIS MAP ANYTIME SOON!!  :devil

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:36:08 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2014, 03:28:09 PM »
It's a neat new map!! I would only suggest another object in TT than a field and town , maybe an old strat of some type, even make it capturable if you want but it must be open more for GV play and it needs spawns into it!
as it is, it will set empty I imagine!   
 I do like the rest of it very much tho!
 we;ve needed some new maps for a while in my opinion, something to do besides roll the same old stuff over and over!

Thanks Fester!!! Thumbs UP!
Flying since tour 71.