Author Topic: Im beyond sick of the abuse by moderators  (Read 6078 times)

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Im beyond sick of the abuse by moderators
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2014, 05:15:18 PM »
not good my apologizes

It was not learned from you so no apologies needed. But ty sir for the gesture.  :salute

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2014, 05:16:38 PM »
 :salute
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2014, 05:32:58 PM »
So is the auto text filter as sensitive as it was about 5 years ago?

I spelled wasabi {wassabi} once on range and got a naughty word warning.

I respect the AH moderators for their ability to use judgment. Otherwise, every time CraterMA comes up, TT would be dead silent on text and VOX. That may be anecdotally why I hear very few voices in TT on range younger than their 30's.

Gents I doubt the OP will endeavor to change his impulse control nor do I think any of us will either.

This event makes us all look silly including myself for posting in it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2014, 05:40:59 PM »
Seriously? Posts such as the above exhibit the reason this game is dying. While I do not approve of Mendo's post or his method of handling himself, he obviously cared enough about the game to go out guns blazing. Players with passion for the game, such as Mendo, are the last type of player you should be trying to push out the door, even if they slip up and act unbecoming. Make them pay the price for their actions? Yes, but mock them for the sake of doing so? Seriously - grow up. Those players are the ones that stick around for any length of time. Instead, you want to kick him while he's down and jeer him publicly, ensuring that if there is a chance he could come back, he probably won't.

Yeah, nice job guys. Celebrate another lost player, all the while leaving your posts for prospective players to see and judge the game by.
Players like him, Skyrr are NOT needed in AH2
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2014, 05:43:27 PM »
Please point out ONCE where I defended his posts. I specifically quoted that I was referring to the requests to make the phone public call after the fact (by an AH Trainer no less), where it would do nothing but serve to use him as a punching bag.
Sounds to me like you'd like to take his place....
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2014, 06:14:36 PM »
Uh oh - I have been very lucky!  

Mod's dont fly on Knights if they did I would have gotten muted for my potty mouth a long time ago, and to those who have heard my slip ups......I am sorry  :salute

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2014, 06:17:48 PM »
Knights don't need mods, we're gentlemen motherdiddlyer!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:22:48 PM by FLOOB »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2014, 08:27:40 PM »
I specifically quoted that I was referring to the requests to make the phone public call after the fact (by an AH Trainer no less), where it would do nothing but serve to use him as a punching bag.

If you haven't already put the pieces together, this    :devil     is supposed to be referred to as a joke. Yes, a joke. Besides, you and I both know Skuzzy would never release the phone call message.

I guess Trainers or any other AH staff are unable to make jokes anymore.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2014, 08:28:39 PM »
I looked at all the film, in the last 6 minutes of it I kill 2 of DaddyO's b24s and another bish kills his third. I then call a check to the other bish as a 190 is in on him and I use the fbomb in calling the check once, the 190 collides with him a short while later, in between these instances many expletives are heard on range chat from a variety of players as is the norm, and the bish who was rammed cussed the 190 player and I commented on the lack of skill of the 190 pilot with a 2nd fbomb in my sentence. At this point my squaddie logs on and I am only talking to him on squad vox, roughly 5 minutes after killing the buffs and 4 minutes from my use of the f word twice amidst the norman constant profanity on range my squaddie and I start discussing our low opionion of another player on another team in none too kind words ( this is on squad vox mind you ) and within a minute of our none to kind assessment of said player I am banned...I really see zero grounds for my getting muted other than the 2 swear words I said over range chat which had at least 50 other cusswords over it by players in range and is normal banter, or as I suspect the moderator was listening in to my squad vox discussion of a prominent opponent I had not a kind word for. Regardless, no warning, no reason for the ban given, just switched off by the mod.

INteresting... I hear lots of profanity, yet have only rarely heard of anyone receivINg a sIN bIN assIgNment. Perhaps somethINg is INdeed amiss...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2014, 08:36:29 PM »

INteresting... I hear lots of profanity, yet have only rarely heard of anyone receivINg a sIN bIN assIgNment. Perhaps somethINg is INdeed amiss...
You're posting an IBTL on the 11th page of the thread. Really?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »
You're posting an IBTL on the 11th page of the thread. Really?

Are you surprised? That's all this one rates. For the record, I've seen a few of em go longer. This one is clearly terminal but I only just became aware of it.

I did ask a legitimate question in there, if you'd care to answer it... Until now, I have never heard of anyone being forcibly muted online -and I regularly hear plenty of profanity. Indeed, I question the verity of this account -enough to chuck a dismissive ibtl at it.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2014, 09:18:27 PM »
If you want to contact HTC about this type of issue, you may want to refrain from calling us a bunch of derogatory names during the call.  Just FYI.

I would have thought that to be something along the lines of common sense, but apparently, I was wrong.

:rofl OH, SNAP! :rofl
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2014, 09:25:27 PM »
If you haven't already put the pieces together, this    :devil     is supposed to be referred to as a joke. Yes, a joke. Besides, you and I both know Skuzzy would never release the phone call message.

I guess Trainers or any other AH staff are unable to make jokes anymore.

I thought it was funny.  :neener:
Wag more, bark less.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2014, 09:26:27 PM »
Are you surprised? That's all this one rates. For the record, I've seen a few of em go longer. This one is clearly terminal but I only just became aware of it.

I did ask a legitimate question in there, if you'd care to answer it... Until now, I have never heard of anyone being forcibly muted online -and I regularly hear plenty of profanity. Indeed, I question the verity of this account -enough to chuck a dismissive ibtl at it.

I used the name "Dick", unfortunately it wasn't the name of the guy/guys I was talking to.  :P I served my time and that is that. I thought I was close but I guess that wasn't allowed. I know it was on the edge and that mod decided I had crossed it. I'm ok with it as I knew I was flirting with it.

I have known others that have had mutes as well. Some mutes are automatic and programmed into the game, others a mod has to be on-line AND paying attention. So it IS possible to "get away with it" but it's the chance you take.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2014, 10:40:02 PM »
For most every man in the game............ A simple warning would quickly remind us of our place. Chances are very high a short apology might follow if your dealing with someone decent.....as I expect most here are.

No one likes idiots on power trips. Respect is always given to those who judge wisely. The rest you wonder how they got their jobs and normally reflects directly on the ones who hired them. Training in how to approach customers in good judgement is needed here IMO.