Author Topic: Im beyond sick of the abuse by moderators  (Read 6051 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: Im beyond sick of the abuse by moderators
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2014, 10:43:10 PM »
This hasn't been locked, I'm surprised.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2014, 10:47:14 PM »
This hasn't been locked, I'm surprised.

No personal attacks, etc.   Skuzzy already explained everything.   Why should it be locked?   This thread should be stickied so folks will stop coming in here from the game whining about being muted, etc.   Even though most of us know "the key piece is being withheld and know how the thread will end." 

Because most rational players, know that this is NOT the place for the questions.   Emailing/calling HTC has always been the preferred method.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2014, 11:51:14 PM »
I read your subsequent posts but still feel the need to comment.

While I do not approve of Mendo's post or his method of handling himself, he obviously cared enough about the game to go out guns blazing.

He, by his own admission, dropped the F bomb twice on range channel then called the HT offices, evidently calling them names while complaining about being muted for his offenses.  How is that caring about the game?  A game, that I might point out, is played not only by adults but also by children.  My interpretation of his actions is that he only cares about himself.

Players with passion for the game, such as Mendo, are the last type of player you should be trying to push out the door, even if they slip up and act unbecoming. Make them pay the price for their actions? Yes, but mock them for the sake of doing so? Seriously - grow up.

Maybe he's passionate about the game but that's no excuse to create a caustic environment for other players who may decide to leave the game themselves or, at the very least, keep their kids (possibly the future of the game/genre) away.  In fact, the loss of such a player may be in the best interest of keeping a larger subscriber base.  I think it's clear to most of us that the OP is the one who should "grow up".  Obviously your view differs.

Those players are the ones that stick around for any length of time. Instead, you want to kick him while he's down and jeer him publicly, ensuring that if there is a chance he could come back, he probably won't.

I've been here 13 years and in AW for 5 years before that.  I may have been muted once in that time for ten minutes.  I know a LOT of the guys on these BBs and in the game that have been around as long as I have or longer.  The vast majority of us have had few to no incidents with moderators.  Just because a guy throws around vulgarities doesn't make him more likely to stay with the game than one who doesn't.

I disagree with your entire post.  If the guy's a problem get him the " " out of the game (see, I could do it too but I actually have something called self control).
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2014, 12:12:01 AM »
No personal attacks, etc.   Skuzzy already explained everything.   Why should it be locked?   This thread should be stickied so folks will stop coming in here from the game whining about being muted, etc.   Even though most of us know "the key piece is being withheld and know how the thread will end." 

Because most rational players, know that this is NOT the place for the questions.   Emailing/calling HTC has always been the preferred method.

Exactly, usually this type of thread has been locked since this type of complaint is preferred to not be brought here on the boards. I understand Skuzzy's explanations but this thread is not much different than others that revolve around a complaint, therefore I'm surprised it hasn't been locked.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Online scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2014, 01:00:04 AM »
Perhaps the dust has settled
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2014, 02:17:44 AM »
Perhaps the dust has settled

Grr mute grrrrrr bad players

Why don't the bish get muted when they call me a spy and not so nice words over range? From now on muting should be country wide!
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2014, 09:03:06 AM »
This one has run its course.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese