Author Topic: I've never been muted before last night 7/23  (Read 2260 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
I've never been muted before last night 7/23
« on: July 24, 2014, 10:30:05 PM »
Not going to say it was for no reason but minor infringement that could have been easily corrected and even apologized for by giving a warning.

This is no XBox game..I know what goes on there. The majority of the Customers, friends and countrymen on each side are not children to be toyed with by over bearing PTA member moderator's.

We understand the rules and the reasons and act accordingly. Belligerent repeat offenders should get the boot.

My offense... a chopped up and missing most letter- finish the sentence type word I used to describing the power of a cookie dropped on a CV.

Was put on a 10 minute time out and on return voiced my displeasure with the PTA comment above and received another 10 minutes.

It's not the way to keep good customers.

I'm a man not a child and a simple warning would have quickly rectified the situation...... and been Appreciated. Now I feel differently about that moderator and the negative thoughts provoked in me by his actions. It reflects directly on the enjoyment of the game not to be treated like a decent paying customer and a man.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: I've never been muted before last night 7/23
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 10:38:01 PM »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 10:53:28 PM »
These guys who can't deal with being muted seem like disgruntled ex-employee/stalks his ex girlfriend types. Creepy.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 11:48:07 PM »
How are all you babies crying about 10 minute mutes.... I get muted for a week and you don't see me making threads about it...
See Rule #4

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 11:52:20 PM »
Isn't this the 3rd in game mute thread this week?

Yeesh guys, chill out.

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 12:26:59 AM »
ACES HIGH WORKS LIKE THIS. DON'T USE THE WORDS, DON'T GET MUTED. HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHER'S, AND BE RESPECTED.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:31:17 AM by XxDaSTaRxx »
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 01:06:08 AM »
I know one player who lets his 10 year old son use his account...I can never tell who's on until I hear his voice or his squeeker's voice on range...lol

And another player who often has his 6 year old son sitting on his knee when he is flying.  These are good things.

I am not offended by profanity and I can go into a profanity laced tirade that my wife hears in the next room when I'm shot down, but I do it with my mic off or on a private vox like TeamSpeak.

Future generations of AH players will come from the PG rated crowd.  In fact, they're already here.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 02:58:12 AM »
Be nice to each other really. Worse things can happen
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 04:29:22 AM »
How are all you babies crying about 10 minute mutes.... I get muted for a week and you don't see me making threads about it...
You probably got muted on the BBS as well...
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 04:48:13 AM »
Cry babies gonna cry.....grow up. You said you're a man, take the well published result of your stupidity like one then.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 05:16:04 AM »
This spate of threads about moderators gives me hope.  AH is too coarse as it is.  Well done Mods <S>

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 07:33:29 AM »
You DID have that one coming if it was on one from the DA a few months ago...  :rofl

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 08:18:26 AM »

My offense... a chopped up and missing most letter- finish the sentence type word I used to describing the power of a cookie dropped on a CV.

[/size]

In other words, an attempt at masked vulgarity?

Given the fact you posted in Mendo's thread did you not read the numerous suggestions that complaints such as yours should be directed to HTC?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 08:26:59 AM »
So you got a 10-minute mute, then immediately got another 10-minute mute because you didn't learn your lesson and "didn't get a warning". Seems to me the first 10-minute mute was a pretty good warning to behave yourself.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 09:05:23 AM »
I see Kodiac and I do the same thing.  I too have my moments but I keep it to myself just by not hitting the mike button and not typing while I'm mad.

I would be willing to bet that less than one in a thousand mutes are undeserved.

Most of those mutes go unnoticed because the "Mutee" has the good sense to not come here and post about it.  Frankly I think we all know that whatever the Mutee posts won't be the whole truth and it will end badly.

Squads and squadmates.  Take some responsibility and help your squad mates out when they are out of control by calming them down and diffusing the situation.  You owe it to each other and you owe it to the game which is a privilege to play.
Wag more, bark less.