Author Topic: and we woulda gotten away with it, it it wasn't for you nosey kids !  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member

So im scanning the map, looking for a decent fight (away from the hordes) when I notice a sea side base flashing with radar down and what appears to be a single plane dar bar. not having any idea of what the con may be, I up my ole trusty spixteen (been in the Yak3 most of this tour, but it lacks ammo for buffs).  I keep climbing, circling the base area waiting for contact. finally at about 13k, I catch a glimpse of a pony heading further inland to our next base, which is also flashing, but showing no dar in that sector.

The Pony doesn't notice me, and doesn't seem to be full throttle, as im slowy gaining on him. The pony finally sees me at about 1.5k and dives hard to the deck. at the same time our radar pops, and I see 2 more cons heading toward town, so I break off the pony and head to them. as I near town at around 7k, I can see lancs overhead around 20k, and then a jug below deacking town. I dive on the jug, and after a few futile turns he's down. The lancs have dropped, and the middle of town is wiped out. then I see the pony coming in fast, I turn and climb, he over shoots, but turns back into me aggressively.  im thinking YES ! this guys is actually gonna fight and not run ?

The pony turns with me a few times, but then dives away before I can get a shot. I start to pursue and notice he is slowy climbing, and im gaining ground too fast. im thinking "something is wrong, he wants me to chase him".
 I pull up my map, and notice the dar is down again, but the dar bar is too large for just the lancs and pony. I break from the pony again, and head back for town, The pony also turns and begins to chase me down. he's closing fast, so I turn back into him. he turns with me a few times and once again dives away. this time I don't bite, I turn right for town. As I suspected.. theres another Jug deacking town.

I easily dispatch the jug. the lancs are now gone, no sign of the pony. and no dar bar in the sector. looking at the map there is no spawn into this field. so I put a call out on country channel that the feild is WF, and a goon is probably on the ground near.  A few Bish respond, and we start searching for the goon. after a little while they give up and RTB. I notice a dar bar in the next sector come over to the one im in, and climb to where I think it's coming from..  yup, that Jug is back ! he zooms by me and takes out the last town ack, then trys to climb, I catch him and kill him. same guy, 3 times now.  im really low on fuel, so head back to the feild to rearm.. and fly right over an M3  just a few hundred yards from town !!

Some NIT, has driven an M3 more than 1 1/2 sectors from the neighboring feild's spawn ! 2 straffing passes and he's dead.  you KNOW he's gotta be steaming mad LOL !!

And it's still not over !!!  I rearm, and head towards the water front base wich is now flashing, no darbar or con showing. im thinkin GV or NOE. the dar bar then goes north and that base flashes for a sec and I see a con on radar for just a sec. Busted ! NOE. I wep up and head on an interecept course and find a goon on the deck, attempting to land near the still WF town.  poof !  LOL   they finally gave up after that.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
Re: and we woulda gotten away with it, it it wasn't for you nosey kids !
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 12:49:43 PM »
Cool story! :aok
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 08:24:34 PM »
   was a blast ! and a big <S> to the crazy NITS that tried this plan.  This is the AH that I remembered !!  plans and strategy, not just mindless hordes.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 08:28:58 PM »
that reminds me of the time I asked a squadie to help me take out ords at a certain base.  I gave him the wrong sector coordinates  and he was in the middle of the ocean looking for me.  when he mentioned that no friendly dar was in that sector that's when I realized I had messed up.  then all of a sudden he noticed an noe raid heading to a certain base.  He gave the alarm and we nailed the full mission at least a sector away from the base.

it was funny the claims of cheating that went around.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline cheeky

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 01:28:59 AM »
That is a great story. I could see it working too because most of you would have been looking for a goon and not an m3. I'm guessing the m3 was running and not shut down?

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 06:01:41 AM »

yea, I figure he was shut down for a while, waiting for his buddy in the jug to get the twn deacked, then tried to make a run for it. Just pure luck on my part that I flew that direction at that moment. just a few seconds later he woulda been in town, and I wouldn't have seen him.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 09:38:34 PM »
Spiez! How did you find us? Shade! Hacker! Noob! Spiez!
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 09:57:41 PM »
Spiez! How did you find us? Shade! Hacker! Noob! Spiez!
:rofl :rofl
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 10:20:26 PM »
STOPPED THE KNIT RAID
YES!!!!
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 10:23:15 PM »
STOPPED THE KNIT RAID
YES!!!!
where's the like button? :aok
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 10:54:37 AM »
    Never say one person can't make a difference.  :aok
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 11:07:43 AM »
That is persistence... Although man driving that far... Nope, not this guy!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 01:12:11 PM »
That is persistence... Although man driving that far... Nope, not this guy!

Nits had four M3's & a jeep at a Bish fuel strat over 2 1/2  sector drive from the nearest spawn yesterday.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 01:56:57 PM »
I would appreciate it if you guys would stop giving away our stealth ninja tactics.

Ty

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 03:44:30 PM »
Nits had four M3's & a jeep at a Bish fuel strat over 2 1/2  sector drive from the nearest spawn yesterday.

Nit M3's at the strat ?? Knowing them they left the howitzers and brought troops   :neener: