Author Topic: discoing over strats a lot  (Read 441 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
discoing over strats a lot
« on: July 30, 2014, 08:07:06 AM »
Not sure if this is a bug exactly, but I've done maybe 14 city strat runs in the past few days (nearly all of them on the large map previous to Pizza map), and I discoed 5x over target; 3x while bombs were falling, which is really an unhappy thing, since because of that they didn't hit anything. All of the discos happened within puffy ack range of city, and only 2x did the discos happen with any other planes in icon range.
Can something be done, either by me or HT? I almost never disco unless it's one of those mass disco occurrence things, and it's a real pain to devote an hour+ to get to target only for it to have been for naught.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
Re: discoing over strats a lot
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:13:50 AM »
Film of the incident(s) would go a long way in assisting the development of a resolution, if indeed it's a bug and not just poor network connectivity. just sayin....
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 07:19:55 AM »
Are you using a custom sound pack?  I have heard some custom sounds will cause a disco...  It could be the puffy ack causing this for example
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »
Are you using a custom sound pack?  I have heard some custom sounds will cause a disco...  It could be the puffy ack causing this for example

Yup. Switch to default sounds and give it a try.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »

Nope, I'm using the standard sound pack. Guess I'll have to remember to film the critical bits of my future strat runs, thanks.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 10:06:19 AM »
Sorry Moly, i'm not sure what else to tell you on this one.  Tough to say it's a bug without all that wonderful data... 

Hope it doesn't happen for you again, but if it does you'll have it on film to nail the little bug-ger right?  :lol
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 05:56:26 PM »
Could still be sound related. Some defaults do funny things depending on system/cards/settings.
If you get it on film, send to: support AT hitechcreations DOT com (all one word and sub symbols for caps).
Include brief concise description of problem, top 1/3 of DxDiag and map name if you can.

From sticky by Superfly:
Here's how to use dxdiag to check your computer system's specs.  

Here are the steps to do this:

NOTE:  If you do not see the "Run" option when you press the "Start" button, then right-click on the "Start" button, select "Properties", then switch the view mode to "Classic".  This will allow you to see the "Run" menu option again.

1) Go to "Start" from the Windows desktop
2) Select "Run" from the pop up menu
3) In the Run dialog box, type DXDIAG and press <ENTER>
4) After a few seconds the DXDIAG utility will be ready

On the first page under system info will be your Operating System, CPU, and amount of memory.  On the display tab you can see what kind of video card you have and what drivers you have installed.

When reporting bugs, please make note of what OS, CPU, video card, and how much system memory you have.  Also please note how your Aces High video settings and graphic details are set.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:58:35 PM by RSLQK186 »
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"