Author Topic: Gun sights pack Installer?  (Read 784 times)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Gun sights pack Installer?
« on: August 12, 2014, 12:06:45 AM »
Anyone have a link to the Historical Gun sight pack that comes with an installer. Have a new Harddrive and can remember where I got it from.
See Rule #4

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Gun sights pack Installer?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 07:44:27 AM »
Search for Bustr and gunsight package and you should find it. I think I have the link saved at home but it will be a while before I get there.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 07:46:52 PM »
I'm finding links to the Gun sight packs, but not the one I wanted. the one I had last time had all the sights pre assigned to planes according to what they used in reality. The sights were also Orange if that helps at all.
See Rule #4

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 09:30:11 PM »

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 12:51:43 AM »
Thanks
See Rule #4

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 04:18:21 PM »
Saxman wrote one years ago when he offered only the MKVIII with 125Mil glide bombing stadia ramp to unzip directly into your sights folder. The association was to about 12 aircraft. The NAVY had 4 versions of the Mk8 reticle.

It's a long process creating it all after the long process of researching it all. To create the kind of the zip package you are asking for. You have to edit all of the <aircraft name.txt> files in the sights directory, and add the name of the <gunsight.bmp> file. Then you package all of those along with all of the <gunsight.bmp> files. And in my case <gunsight.mil> size control files.

Somewhere about 300 files. We have a lot of aircraft now.

I have no interest in helping anyone drop 300 flies in the wrong Aces High directory by accident. It got a bit mind numbing the last time around updating the <gunsight.mil> files and updating existing bitmaps while adding new bitmaps to it. Just the Cyrillic language translation research to get the reticle for the 1930's era PAK gunsight in the I16 was mind deadening.

My historic pack has readme text files in every country folder giving you the reticle to aircraft associations. That way you are only copying a few files at a time. Less to go wrong.

Chances are this forum is seen by less than 5% of the player community in the game. The only reticle(gunsights) many players are ever aware of are the default from HTC. Or those personal super secret favorites passed to them by friends. I will venture the most commonly used is a single dot, while I'm considered a tad eccentric for bothering to create historic reticle that for some only clutter their view.

Hey at least you get ww2 gunnery manuals for free in my package.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 07:12:25 AM »
AkDogg developed a historic gunsight package.  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,288780.0.html
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 04:17:04 PM »
Saxman wrote one years ago when he offered only the MKVIII with 125Mil glide bombing stadia ramp to unzip directly into your sights folder. The association was to about 12 aircraft. The NAVY had 4 versions of the Mk8 reticle.

It's a long process creating it all after the long process of researching it all. To create the kind of the zip package you are asking for. You have to edit all of the <aircraft name.txt> files in the sights directory, and add the name of the <gunsight.bmp> file. Then you package all of those along with all of the <gunsight.bmp> files. And in my case <gunsight.mil> size control files.

I have no interest in helping anyone drop 300 flies in the wrong Aces High directory by accident. It got a bit mind numbing the last time around updating the <gunsight.mil> files and updating existing bitmaps while adding new bitmaps to it. Just the Cyrillic language translation research to get the reticle for the 1930's era PAK gunsight in the I16 was mind deadening.

My historic pack has readme text files in every country folder giving you the reticle to aircraft associations. That way you are only copying a few files at a time. Less to go wrong.

Chances are this forum is seen by less than 5% of the player community in the game. The only reticle(gunsights) many players are ever aware of are the default from HTC. Or those personal super secret favorites passed to them by friends. I will venture the most commonly used is a single dot, while I'm considered a tad eccentric for bothering to create historic reticle that for some only clutter their view.

What's the current link gramps?  Thank you.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 04:45:39 PM »
Babs,

Fugi had it just above in his post.

http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/48694084/file.html

Hitech may be on to something with his Henry Ford approach to this subject...... :)
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ninthmessiah

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 03:35:02 AM »
When I went to Zippyshare to verify the link, there was a flash ad for World of Warplanes.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 04:00:15 PM »

While I know there are others, I want to say thank you  Bustr. I appreciate the  hard work and dedication it took to put the package together.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76