Author Topic: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28  (Read 14883 times)

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
Re: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28
« Reply #375 on: August 28, 2014, 01:06:15 PM »
And now for something completely different...........

.....Kudos to The Damned for fighting last night without alt advantage.....both Kruel and Skyyr were having at it in a different fashion. I think Below was there too but I didn't run across him........Skyyr even took off from a semi capped base to fight low in a P51, so I know that didn't improve his score.  I did bnz and then ram Kruel with his engine out.....oops, didn't mean too(the ram part)..but I think you did get the kill when I hit the tree (I don't follow 200 but I am sure it was lively after that)......

.....Personally I don't think they are doing anything different than all of us do or have done at one time or another.....just give them a fight whenever you see them win or lose and ignore the rest.....

...........Now back to your regular thread programming
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #376 on: August 28, 2014, 01:10:23 PM »

.....Kudos to The Damned for fighting last night without alt advantage.....both Kruel and Skyyr were having at it in a different fashion. I think Below was there too but I didn't run across him........Skyyr even took off from a semi capped base to fight low in a P51, so I know that didn't improve his score.  I did bnz and then ram Kruel with his engine out.....oops, didn't mean too(the ram part)..but I think you did get the kill when I hit the tree (I don't follow 200 but I am sure it was lively after that)......

.....Personally I don't think they are doing anything different than all of us do or have done at one time or another.....just give them a fight whenever you see them win or lose and ignore the rest.....

:aok

'twas fun as usual.  :salute

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #377 on: August 28, 2014, 01:12:26 PM »
Lol, should pay for many accounts then! <3

But then he would be shading!   :old:

:huh

At least I think he would.... :headscratch:

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #378 on: August 28, 2014, 01:13:03 PM »

.....Kudos to The Damned for fighting last night without alt advantage.....both Kruel and Skyyr were having at it in a different fashion. I think Below was there too but I didn't run across him........Skyyr even took off from a semi capped base to fight low in a P51, so I know that didn't improve his score.  I did bnz and then ram Kruel with his engine out.....oops, didn't mean too(the ram part)..but I think you did get the kill when I hit the tree (I don't follow 200 but I am sure it was lively after that)......

:salute was fun, lol I was out of ammo and fuel was pretty much gliding, I did get the kill though
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 01:16:03 PM by Kruel »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #379 on: August 28, 2014, 03:05:50 PM »
Snailman is the #1 Fighter Squadron all by his lonesome.   Skyyr makes up half....of the #2.   
I was number one in last October, all alone, only flying the D9, turning with every single con i ran into.
Does this mean that i am the best Dora Driver ever?

For the God's sake, NO!

Score means nothing.
 :salute
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #380 on: August 28, 2014, 05:55:29 PM »
We actually agree on something! :old:

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #382 on: August 28, 2014, 08:20:17 PM »
I just noticed The Damned are ranked #1 squad in fighter this tour, this must mean that they are now the best.    :rock

How the weak shall bow before the mighty.

oh crap i better cancel my account now that they achieved the highest of all highs in cartoon land.......... who are they again?   
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #383 on: August 28, 2014, 09:19:36 PM »
oh crap i better cancel my account now that they achieved the highest of all highs in cartoon land.......... who are they again?   

:rofl :aok
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #384 on: August 28, 2014, 09:26:56 PM »
We need a face palm emoticon...

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #385 on: September 03, 2014, 11:34:24 AM »
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #386 on: September 11, 2014, 12:44:19 AM »
Too long. Didn't read any of this crap. You guys lost 8-2 against a couple of no-names? Damn C-Listers...  ;)
-AoM-

Offline Admiral

• Zinc Member
« Reply #387 on: September 12, 2014, 04:27:58 PM »
Hello Kruel,

BnZ is a repeatable move, like a rope or a reversal. It is a move that is only possible with an existing energy advantage.

Energy fighting is a style and one that is widely misunderstood. In fact, one of the most pure forms of energy fighting as it was defined by real fighter pilots was not so much in the vertical as in the horizontal. The ability to utilise a better sustained turn than your pursuing enemy to win an energy advantage from an equal or disadvantaged energy state and only then take the fight vertical to perform the killing blow.

Most people don't ever learn this in this game. Most assume energy fighting is all about vertical advantage. Many assume the simple BnZ tactic is the essence of E fighting. This is false. The essence of E fighting is in gaining the E advantage, not starting with it. I do not mean winning the E advantage on a co-alt DA style merge in the same planes. This is again just a very tiny element of E fighting and one that is only usually possible if the enemy cannot, or chooses not to, conserve all energy on the merge.

If you want to show some real skilled energy fighting then do it starting from an E disadvantage. It is possible and also extremely rewarding.

If you ever change your mind and find the courage to come and fight in the DA/TA with me I would be happy to teach you what I have so far learned about the almost lost art of E fighting. But I fear you will not, because you would hate for your 'I'm an E fighter' crutch to be pulled out from under you as you discover that you know very little about the subject you claim to be so loyally attached to and, in fact, all you are doing is boom and zoom from an existing advantage.

yours respectfully and sincerely,
batfink
S!

Mr. batfink, I do like the way you think sir.  

In my opinion, everyone has their own opinion of 'Air Combat Energy Management'.  I would like to try to simplify to those that may have not understood your point.  Energy Management is simply using your opponents energy to their disadvantage and (more importantly) your advantage.  First step would be to gain the energy advantage in a position where your opponent cannot resolve a solution to shoot.  Next would be to maintain energy management advantage by continuing your efforts to position your opponent in a disadvantage until a mistake is made for you to capitalize on it.

This can be done via Boom and Zoom, turn fighting (which ultimately would turn into stall fighting), maintaining energy knowing your opponents aircraft cannot based on specifics below and so forth. 

There are many factors if you'd like to get detailed, which can be found at this link, http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a092974.pdf.  Below are some examples.  

*Aircrafts
    weight (top, middle, bottom heavy?)
    turn-rate
    climb-rate
    speed velocity
    turn/climb-rate + velocity
    damage/undamaged (location of damage)
    drag
    position
    etc..

I look forward to meeting you in the game to learn more from you sir.  I love and miss these discussions since I consider myself pure energy fighter, which in my opinion is used and portrayed most in the 1v1 formats.

=s=

Admiral
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:35:21 PM by Admiral »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #388 on: September 12, 2014, 05:48:52 PM »
Mr. batfink, I do like the way you think sir. 

In my opinion, everyone has their own opinion of 'Air Combat Energy Management'.  I would like to try to simplify to those that may have not understood your point.  Energy Management is simply using your opponents energy to their disadvantage and (more importantly) your advantage.  First step would be to gain the energy advantage in a position where your opponent cannot resolve a solution to shoot.  Next would be to maintain energy management advantage by continuing your efforts to position your opponent in a disadvantage until a mistake is made for you to capitalize on it.

This can be done via Boom and Zoom, turn fighting (which ultimately would turn into stall fighting), maintaining energy knowing your opponents aircraft cannot based on specifics below and so forth. 

There are many factors if you'd like to get detailed, which can be found at this link, http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a092974.pdf.  Below are some examples. 

*Aircrafts
    weight (top, middle, bottom heavy?)
    turn-rate
    climb-rate
    speed velocity
    turn/climb-rate + velocity
    damage/undamaged (location of damage)
    drag
    position
    etc..

I look forward to meeting you in the game to learn more from you sir.  I love and miss these discussions since I consider myself pure energy fighter, which in my opinion is used and portrayed most in the 1v1 formats.

=s=

Admiral

There's a difference between E fighting in a slower plane and being successful, compared to flying the fastest planes in the game and claiming your a good E fighter because you can out rope planes.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Admiral

• Zinc Member
« Reply #389 on: September 12, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »

There's a difference between E fighting in a slower plane and being successful, compared to flying the fastest planes in the game and claiming your a good E fighter because you can out rope planes.

I like you by your avatar alone!

=s=