Author Topic: Any ideas of things HITEC could give players as an incentive for playing.  (Read 879 times)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
I mean during off hours, low, (as in less than 20 inflight in the ma,) population times. Perk points? Otherwise unavailable hardware? Freedom from ack death? Super ack?

Obviously the best gift would be more players.
Pies not kicks.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Any ideas of things HITEC could give players as an incentive for playing.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »
You can't give something to one group, and not the other. We don't any goodies because we fly in US prime time? Not that it matters to me, I fly when ever I get the time to.

No what they need is to get the word out there about the game so more people try it. Then they need to control the yahoo's they have running rampant so they don't chase away potential customers. Then they need to turn up the game play to keep those who stick around something more interesting to do than the same old horde thing.

Sounds like an easy fix to me  :devil

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 08:24:27 PM »
Perks might help.  Players with thousands are probably already playing when they can, but might spur some folks to log on.  need to be active to get them so folks don't just log on and go to bed.

No idea what the real fix is, since I have no idea whats causing the problem.  Changing player base, aging payer base, graphics, competition, cost, age of game, changing attitudes, lack of WWII interest, combination of these and more?
AMAX  in game

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »
Well, if more people read the boards, you would have seen that they are giving away 3 free months to those eligible in the race league who qualified last race season. The overall winner (if qualified) gets the 3 free months. GO AHXARL! (Aces High eXtreme Air Race League) :airplane: :joystick: :airplane:
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 09:20:13 PM »
What is really needed is more players..

I know its obvious...

but how to entice more players..??

The time zone  needs to be Analised..

It would appear an influx of players from Oceania would give the required boost...

What would be the incentive for players from Oceania...

Or commonly called Australasia...

Well its blooming obvious..

The simple things are..

so ....

to get more players from Austrilasia  simply.....

BRING BACK THE SHEEP

Over  :cheers:
 :salute
Jimmy

CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 09:56:49 PM »
Well, if more people read the boards, you would have seen that they are giving away 3 free months to those eligible in the race league who qualified last race season. The overall winner (if qualified) gets the 3 free months. GO AHXARL! (Aces High eXtreme Air Race League) :airplane: :joystick: :airplane:

please link to post

never read it, never seen it, would have read it if I'd a seen it
Pies not kicks.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 10:00:51 PM »
You can't give something to one group, and not the other. We don't any goodies because we fly in US prime time? Not that it matters to me, I fly when ever I get the time to.

I hear you but I don't see why you can't. Its like off peak electric rates. The game between say 3am and 7am eastern is not really the same game. You'd only do it to balance off the downsides.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 11:56:01 PM »
Some of the chicks in Caldera's posts. Sunday mornings is best - family is out of the house at that time.

:bolt:
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline madrid311

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 12:11:25 AM »
Time away from real life to play more. If they could pay me to play I could do 8hrs a day. This game is a black hole for time. you have to stay for a bit.  pop in's don't really work. May be that's another issue for others as well. I play when I can and I stay in game as long as possible.  .
Quote from: hitech on Yesterday at 11:15:04 AM              
         I am happy you are having fun. HiTech                                                  
                  In game name : GunFTR

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 03:32:25 AM »
I would, marketing and ROI strategy wise, leave all of that to the HTC brain trust.

They are marketing & promotional geniuses.  They know EVERYTHING!  They don't need any help.  :devil
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 03:33:13 AM »

Don't do this to my timezone, please!  :uhoh
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 04:11:57 AM »
What is really needed is more players..

I am certain this post will be the BUTT of many jokes.  I can merely ASSist others in their efforts to bring this issue from BEHIND to top of mind.  I dare not CRACK jokes about subjects in a comedy HOLE except to turn the other CHEEEKS.

Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 05:39:44 AM »
I'm pretty sure that HTC will advertise as soon as the graphics update goes through. That is really the only major problem with getting numbers this game has, you simply don't see it advertised.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 06:00:11 AM »

I heard it likes it like that. :D
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 08:56:08 AM »

:lol
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."