Author Topic: FestusMap  (Read 737 times)

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
FestusMap
« on: September 02, 2014, 09:54:25 AM »
on this date 09/01/14  at 10:30 EST I was over field A162 (a small field)and saw a lake in the middle if the field.  I called out channel 200 asking if any other player had observed this but I did not get a response.  I have not seen this on any other airfield on any map.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: FestusMap
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 10:06:30 AM »
I can confirm this. A river is running by the base, creating a couple of small lakes on it.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 10:34:50 AM »
No doubt owing to the superfluity of bogs, swamps, and other miasma on WW2 airfields.

Offline mactak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 03:21:38 PM »
I was 70 feet from concrete at a V base on what looked like green grass and was stuck in the water in my panther. But I got a successful landing so no harm done.
McAdoo McAdoo

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 05:17:00 PM »
The Vbase I was at last night, can't remember which one, had lakes and ponds all over it, not just around it.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 04:26:29 AM »
 :rolleyes:

so i hand detailed the water and made ponds lakes rivers everywhere as scenery and obstacles and its new to a lot of people that have not realized its within the power of the map maker to super detail the terrain and they think its a bug?  :rolleyes:
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 06:02:59 AM »
so i hand detailed the water and made ponds lakes rivers everywhere as scenery and obstacles and its new to a lot of people that have not realized its within the power of the map maker to super detail the terrain and they think its a bug?  :rolleyes:

I have to admit, I absolutely would have thought that nobody would place a pond right in front of the fighter spawning hangar on a MA terrain.
But even then I would not have called it a bug, more like a glitch. :)

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 06:11:17 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 09:33:09 AM »
Fester part of the problems are that when guys have detailed terrain off they have no indication there is water in most locations.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 09:38:13 AM »
Fester part of the problems are that when guys have detailed terrain off they have no indication there is water in most locations.

This is the biggest issue I have with the way terrain is rendered. If the terrain designer uses ANY texture other than the default "Deep Ocean" texture, players with certain advanced terrain options turned off will not get that area rendered as water and cannot tell that it is not dry land.

It's a trade-off between having pretty shorelines and shallow water, and having a playable terrain for all players.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 01:07:08 PM »
I like the map, I just have turn on detailed water to keep from driving into it.  I still get a lot of sewage colored water and blue grass but it doesn't effect game play.
AMAX  in game

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 01:50:12 PM »
:rolleyes:

so i hand detailed the water and made ponds lakes rivers everywhere as scenery and obstacles and its new to a lot of people that have not realized its within the power of the map maker to super detail the terrain and they think its a bug?  :rolleyes:
It's all in the knowing... It's all good...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 02:02:37 PM »
I really like the water on the field but,,,,  you cant take off out of the hanger on the fields with water on them!  it would be cool if you could,, maybe if the depth was only a few inches!!! :aok
Flying since tour 71.

Online icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 05:28:17 PM »
You can leave detailed terrain off and still have accurate shorelines by using detailed water........which has no frame rate hit.