Author Topic: Shooting a guy who isn't looking behind him...  (Read 1385 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Shooting a guy who isn't looking behind him...
« on: September 02, 2014, 01:03:29 PM »
...apparently it is a form of cheating.  :D

Even though you'd think the guy in the red SpitVIII would be able to keep track of the two, count 'em, TWO friendlies who were within visual range of him.

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Shooting a guy who isn't looking behind him...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:09:11 PM »
Probably he claimed on 200 that you had picked him, too.

Happens to me all the time. Just two days ago: Come a cross a lone P-39 in an otherwise empty sector in my 109G-6. I dive upon him, he spots me in time, avoids me. We race down to the deck, he dies (I think he'd blacked out).
Of course he came on 200 saying I'd picked him.

I really don't get why people are doing this unprovoked.  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 01:15:28 PM »
Probably he claimed on 200 that you had picked him, too.

I absolutely did pick him!  :aok

Of course twice at the same fight I reversed other 51s and sent them diving for base ack damaged...but let's not talk about that...  :devil I hope it bring some comfort to this individual to know that he helped a poor luckless low-on-ammo poor shot put at least one pelt in the bag.  :)

But here is another take being "picked" (which is to say, shot down because I made a tactical mistake)...
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,365268.msg4860435.html#msg4860435
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:34:05 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 01:18:26 PM »
wow one kill and 80% of your ammo is gone lol

:bolt:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 01:20:46 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty mediocre at shooting a lot of days. But also I spent a lot of ammo trying to finish the Ponies I damaged before they reached the safety of their AAA...alas, my own fault for shooting not quite well enough

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 05:14:54 PM »
I always thought a pick was attacking some one already engaged..
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 05:38:22 PM »
I always thought a pick was attacking some one already engaged..

May have picked him, may have not. He looked like he was trying to climb to Lilmak, but wasn't very close to him. Either way, "picking" a bandit and getting rid of him quickly is always a great idea in an arena where more bandits are constantly inbound. And I've probably been picked hundreds of thousands if not millions of times in the MA, so why even pretend it is not standard operating procedure?  :salute

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 06:58:37 PM »
If you fail to "pick" someone in the MA, you will get picked.. Lately for me, if I try to dogfight one guy, 2 more jump in. And if I hold the 3 off 3 more jump in... At what point does a 6 on 1 get sad...

I'd say take it like being called a " hack" it's just a badge of honor of sorts.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 11:03:47 PM »

:rofl
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 11:48:03 PM »

:rofl :rofl
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 12:16:03 AM »

LMAO! :O
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Ninthmessiah

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 06:22:16 AM »
I dun like ur gunsite

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 06:27:33 AM »
Ruaml would tune private into you on vox to state insult u in any way imagineable  :uhoh

These type of threads remain hilarious and welcome to the Called a Hacker elite in AH  :D

:rofl :rofl :rofl

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 06:33:03 AM »
I dun like ur gunsite
Ah, do you think I'd shoot better with something more elaborate? I went with a dot because I often have trouble distinguishing bandits from the ground or water and figured that having less stuff in the way would help with that.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 06:38:44 AM »
Ruaml would tune private into you on vox to state insult u in any way imagineable  :uhoh
Hmmm..he never did that when I killed him. Haven't seen him in awhile.

These type of threads remain hilarious and welcome to the Called a Hacker elite in AH  :D

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Oh yeah, this kind of dung is probably the #1 thing for making the game unpleasant and turning off new players. It's especially stomach-turning when you very deliberately keep 200 de-tuned most of the time and then someone goes out of their way to waylay you with love muffinery.

EDIT: Heh, "lovemuffin". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiOgqtd8cMU
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:42:11 AM by BnZs »