Author Topic: Joke Of The Year  (Read 857 times)

Offline Cheyenn

• Zinc Member
      • virtual 97th Bomb Group (H)
Joke Of The Year
« on: September 05, 2014, 09:27:35 AM »
Was over at War Thunder checking out there web site and forums and came across this!!
http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/173355-golden-joystick-awards-vote-for-war-thunder/
Now to me this has to the Joke of the year. A acrade game up for an award, and the game as I read in thier
forums is so broken. :lol
Now if a game should get an award it should be Aces High 2, which will always be better then War Thunder.
v97th Bomb Group (Heavy)

"VENIT HORA"
"THE HOUR HAS COME"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Joke Of The Year
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 10:06:21 AM »
Just like the music industry. (How pathetic)

Today we market to 13 year old boys and girls.

13 year old boys and girls run the gaming and music industry.

It is not about what is the "best" it is about what is most "popular" among teens and what the producers promote to you in order to achive the "most popular" games + songs.

Unfortunately cheesy bullhonkey is the new popular style. Companies, music industries, and the media have screwed up children's brains to make them believe the only music/games they hear about on the radio is the only music/game that ever existed. What was the song of the year last year??? Who the hell knows, they probably don't even play it on the radio anymore. It is about winning the hearts of young teens with BS music and cheesy games that are coming out today, not yesterday,  because this is the easiest market to control, persuade, and convince, while making a ton of money, and only having to put an half bellybutton effort into it because they don't understand what it is yet.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:10:17 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 10:08:45 AM »
"Golden Joystick Award" ....surely the most coveted prize in da hole wyde woild  :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 10:11:05 AM »
Ironic when probably about 80% of the players don't have/use a joystick.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 10:14:02 AM »
Whatsa joystick?
Pies not kicks.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 10:43:23 AM »
Just like the music industry. (How pathetic)

Today we market to 13 year old boys and girls.

13 year old boys and girls run the gaming and music industry.

It is not about what is the "best" it is about what is most "popular" among teens and what the producers promote to you in order to achive the "most popular" games + songs.

Unfortunately cheesy bullhonkey is the new popular style. Companies, music industries, and the media have screwed up children's brains to make them believe the only music/games they hear about on the radio is the only music/game that ever existed. What was the song of the year last year??? Who the hell knows, they probably don't even play it on the radio anymore. It is about winning the hearts of young teens with BS music and cheesy games that are coming out today, not yesterday,  because this is the easiest market to control, persuade, and convince, while making a ton of money, and only having to put an half bellybutton effort into it because they don't understand what it is yet.

The funny thing is the age you guessed is completely accurate. I was reading an article about how the Top 10 Albums on iTunes were 90% chosen by customers between the ages of 12-14.

As for the content of the music  :lol

When you have time look up the name "Ice JJ Fish". He held number 1 album on iTunes for 2 weeks, it is complete comedy. The sad thing about it is this guy "Ice JJ Fish" is completely serious.

On another note, my little brother is 13 years old and he plays War Thunder. I tried to get him to play Aces High, he played for about a month and cried about it being too hard to get a kill so he went back to War Thunder where he outturns A6M's in P38's.
Top Gun

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 02:24:14 PM »
I can't take any game seriously when the community has so much 'anime' it looks like the game should be in subtitles.

While the AH community can be childish or a few members can even be complete 'Richard Craniums', this place is still much better.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 02:33:07 PM »
While the AH community can be childish or a few members can even be complete 'Richard Craniums', this place is still much better.

What bothers me is, I can remember in Warbirds when I was there the general consensus was similar talking about the difference between WBs and here.

:noid
Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 06:34:39 PM »
That is one angry arse player base over there  :rolleyes:

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 03:00:44 AM »
What bothers me is, I can remember in Warbirds when I was there the general consensus was similar talking about the difference between WBs and here.

:noid
Wiley.

On some level that is true. But on another level in WT the arcade is 99% and full realism is 1% of player base. And I have to say full realism with no icons and dar sucks totally unless you have trackir/oculus and probably sucks even after that since it's extremely difficult to see distant planes from a monitor compared to real life.

I tried WT full realism and had to take something akin to Sopwith Camel. Took an eternity to fly to the fight zone and then I got bounced by a La-5 that I never saw that cut my wing off in 1 pass. Even if I saw the La-5 I would never be able to kill it with the biplane. So that experience put me off on WT totally. And yes, pay to win is not my cup of tea. Not going to invest a dime to pay for a higher tier plane.

World of tanks has got it more right, it places low tier tanks against eachothers and starts to mix tiers only after tier III. Unfortunately also there you often get totally off balance fights with tier 4 vs tier 7 so that your tier 4 has zero chance to penetrate the tier 7 tank from any angle or distance while the other has 1 hit kill capability from all angles.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 04:01:35 PM »

World of tanks has got it more right, it places low tier tanks against eachothers and starts to mix tiers only after tier III. Unfortunately also there you often get totally off balance fights with tier 4 vs tier 7 so that your tier 4 has zero chance to penetrate the tier 7 tank from any angle or distance while the other has 1 hit kill capability from all angles.

Actually the Tier spread is two tiers.   So a tier 5 tank could fight as high as 7 and as low as 3.  The exception to this is scouts and Arty's which can have a 3 tier spread after tier 3.

Helm ...out
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 04:07:24 PM »
Actually the Tier spread is two tiers.   So a tier 5 tank could fight as high as 7 and as low as 3.  The exception to this is scouts and Arty's which can have a 3 tier spread after tier 3.

Helm ...out

Doesn't matter, the spread is big enough to cause the lower tier tank to be totally helpless unless it uses gold ammo. I think this is their motive for the system also, to force more players into using premium gear and gold ammo. A game doesn't get any worse when it has legalized cheating implemented through pay2win.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone