Author Topic: The current state of the alpha testing.  (Read 3435 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: The current state of the alpha testing.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 10:49:28 PM »
It looks nice! I like the way the roads, trees and that bridge are detailed it's awesome.

But one thing that I must say I don't like is how the town streets are lines with telephone poles. Usually those would stop just outside the town.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:52:37 PM by Someguy63 »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 11:13:20 PM »
It looks nice! I like the way the roads, trees and that bridge are detailed it's awesome.

But one thing that I must say I don't like is how the town streets are lines with telephone poles. Usually those would stop just outside the town.

Did they not have wires back in the day?
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 11:57:42 PM »
Nice work HTC, can't wait to blow up some purdy buildings and shoot some tanks.

Keep it up!

:rock
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 12:24:35 AM »
Take note into tree positioning, now the buildings are square boxes that seem to stick like pieces of lego from the level ground. Usually buildings are surrounded by trees and bushes + auxiliary buildings. Especially ww2 time most houses had a tree shed.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 01:16:11 AM »
Looks good, what's the betting that the telegraph poles roll your 50 tonne tank inverted on contact though :old:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 01:19:56 AM »
Looks good, what's the betting that the telegraph poles roll your 50 tonne tank inverted on contact though :old:

I think hoping for destructable environment a la world of tanks is asking too much.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 04:14:47 AM »
Not bad.

One thing that did stand out to me though was the way it only showed a high quality ground texture for a few feet around the tank (Best seen as the tank slows down in the town) . Is this going to be a scalable option? and if so how far out will it extendable?
This.
AoM
City of ice

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 04:21:13 AM »
I think hoping for destructable environment a la world of tanks is asking too much.

In that case wouldn't that result in shinier eye candy adversely affecting gameplay?
The GFC

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 05:35:37 AM »
It does look very impressive.

I would agree re the power lines inside the town. They seem to dominate in a way that does not seem right. I think the number can be reduced at least.

Outside of towns power lines do not in RL have to  follow roads. At least not commonly in Europe. They will take the shortest route across fields etc

I think the water and sky colour should be linked in some way. Most European rivers/ streams have a hint of brown/ green about them but predominantly reflect the sky.

Bridges are very nice. Our towns are sized more akin to  big villages and as such a stone bridge would be much more likely. Girder bridges would be used by railways or over major rivers (even many major rivers were/are bridged in stone).  I suppose you could COAD stone bridges as indestructible and girder bridges as destructible.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2014, 05:59:01 AM »

Did they not have wires back in the day?

They did but in European towns the wires would be underground once in town for the most part, they didn't wanna use up so much space just for electric/telephone poles.

Yes basically like this.

I would agree re the power lines inside the town. They seem to dominate in a way that does not seem right. I think the number can be reduced at least.

Outside of towns power lines do not in RL have to  follow roads. At least not commonly in Europe. They will take the shortest route across fields etc

« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:02:35 AM by Someguy63 »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 06:08:02 AM »
In that case wouldn't that result in shinier eye candy adversely affecting gameplay?

On the contrary. There would be no more lame gvs camping in indestructable barn houses, you could just blow the building up and expose whoever is inside.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 06:10:19 AM »
On the contrary. There would be no more lame gvs camping in indestructable barn houses, you could just blow the building up and expose whoever is inside.

What I was saying is that with an increase in indestructible eye candy such as telegraph poles and the like, it would look pretty but adversly affect gameplay, as the indestructible bushes do currently
The GFC

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 06:10:37 AM »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 06:51:25 AM »
What I was saying is that with an increase in indestructible eye candy such as telegraph poles and the like, it would look pretty but adversly affect gameplay, as the indestructible bushes do currently

As long as the shots penetrate the poles it shouldn't be a problem. But if they're really titanium poles then they'll only be in the way.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 07:37:43 AM »

We are now on to lots of small items that need to be updated and addressed, along with the complete art set rebuild of all terrain objects that we have been working on for the past 6 months.

I hope that doesn't mean we are still 6 months away.   :uhoh
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."